Vai al contenuto

Messaggi Raccomandati:

m1myhfsbo4uh.jpg

m1myhfsbpmug.jpg

4ebf1a662733d1a18dd182db09b05885.jpg

c6d595c7b46066a880c7ea8ceffbc983.jpg

424384_9612_big_2014-opel-astra-opc-extreme-1.jpg

New-Opel-Astra-Extreme-OPC%25255B2%25255D_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800 New-Opel-Astra-Extreme-OPC%25255B3%25255D_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800 New-Opel-Astra-Extreme-OPC%25255B4%25255D_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800 New-Opel-Astra-Extreme-OPC%25255B5%25255D_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800 New-Opel-Astra-Extreme-OPC%25255B6%25255D_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800 New-Opel-Astra-Extreme-OPC%25255B7%25255D_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800 New-Opel-Astra-Extreme-OPC%25255B8%25255D_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

carscoops

Press Release:

• Study for low-volume production run: World premiere at Geneva Motor Show
  • From the racetrack to public roads: Fastest-ever Astra on its way
  • Turbo power and carbon fiber: Over 300 hp, 100 kilograms lighter than OPC
  • Breathtaking looks: High-tech lacquer highlights sculptural Opel design

Rüsselsheim. The Opel Astra OPC EXTREME that makes its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show in six days is a real race-bred performance car. Developed on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, the most challenging race track in the world, it is powered by a 2.0-liter turbo engine with over 300 hp and equipped with all the key high-tech components from its racing peer, the Opel Astra OPC Cup. The Astra OPC EXTREME was developed directly from the Cup version and brings pure racing technology to the road. If public reaction is as positive as expected, Opel plans a low-volume production run for the super sporty, street-legal EXTREME.

Over 300 hp will be unleashed from under the EXTREME’s carbon fiber hood. Its 2.0-liter turbo gasoline engine, with direct injection and variable camshaft phasing, is quite simply the most powerful four-cylinder unit Opel has ever produced. The all-aluminum engine is mated to a slick, six-speed manual gearbox transmitting power through a limited-slip differential. This race-proven powerplant will have an easy time of it with the OPC EXTREME, because the super sporty car is 100 kilograms lighter than a conventional Astra OPC thanks to its high-quality, carbon fiber components.

Widely used in Formula 1 racing to reduce weight, carbon composite is incorporated throughout the EXTREME. This high-strength, ultra-light material is used for the aerodynamically-optimized rear wing, the diffuser, front spoiler, hood, suspension cross-bracing, the engine cover, complete wheels, rear wheelhouse ventilation and roof. The carbon wheels are 20 kilograms lighter than their aluminum counterparts. This is weight saving in a decisive area because unsprung mass is substantially reduced – much to the joy of engineers and driving fun of drivers. The inhouse manufactured carbon fiber roof is almost as light as a feather. It weighs just 2.6 kilograms, compared to a steel roof’s 9.3 kilograms, and noticeably lowers the Astra EXTREME’s center of gravity. The fenders are made of aluminum and weigh only 800 grams a piece instead of 2.2 kilograms in steel.

Weight reduction in key areas greatly improves agility, overall handling and, of course, the car’s power-to-weight ratio. As a result, the street-legal EXTREME sweeps through fast curves as playfully and quickly as its racing brother in the Nürburgring Endurance Championship (VLN). Opel has also given the EXTREME breathtaking stopping power to match, with a Brembo six-piston brake system including 370 mm diameter discs up front race car. Ultra high-performance, 245/35, 19-inch tires, specially developed for the EXTREME, also play a key role and give almost as much grip as those on the race car. In addition, the chassis (spring/damper) is adjustable, just like in a real touring car racer.

The pursuit of uncompromised performance continues in the design of the EXTREME’S cabin: the back seats are out and a safety roll bar is in. The driver and co-driver are perfectly positioned in specially-designed Recaro bucket seats, complete with six-point safety belts from Schroth. In the Astra OPC EXTREME, the crew doesn’t just sit in the car, they are fully integrated as part of the vehicle itself. The driver also has the tactile pleasure of gripping a superb, carbon-fiber-reinforced, suede-covered steering wheel with fine yellow decorative stitching. Opel Motorsport’s core color also dresses up the Astra OPC EXTREME elsewhere, for instance in the exclusively designed logo and as lacquer on the side sills and front spoiler lip.

Apropos lacquer, the Astra GTC body format – the base model for the OPC EXTREME – ideally embodies Opel’s sculptural design philosophy. Its flowing, sculpted shapes and precise accents blend into dramatic proportions. The Astra OPC EXTREME’s multi-layer paint lacquer is combined with high-quality decal details to give a three-dimensional effect, further emphasizing the car’s clean edges, bold lines and athletic proportions.

“With the new Astra OPC EXTREME we show the pure joy of driving! This study is quite simply spectacular and driving enthusiasts will appreciate its looks, which are head-turning without grandstanding. Its interior is superb and typically Opel – exciting, precise and quality-made in Germany. The EXTREMEis the new top-of-the-line model in our Astra family with all the attributes of a super sporty car,” says Opel CEO Dr. Karl-Thomas Neumann.

OPEL

Probabile la produzione in piccola serie.

Modificato da Touareg 2.5

My cars...

Autobianchi Y10 1.1 i.e. (1992) - Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Emotion (2008) - Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (2017) - Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB GPL Super (2017)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• Risposte 21
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

Al di là del fattore bellezza-potenza pura a me piace l'idea di una versione estrema di un'auto di serie fatta in piccola serie. Per ora le italiane non lo fanno più, 500 esclusa (vedi le mille mila versioni speciali della abarth, ora 299 per la tributo maserati ora 499 per la versione ferrari replica, ecc.). Secondo me (e magari facilmete mi sbaglio) attirano l'attenzione su tutta la gamma...

Fiat 127 - 903 ab | Fiat Regata 100 S i.e. | Daewoo Nubira SW 1600 SX-Fiat Panda Young 750 ab ('89) | Fiat Punto Easy 1.2 Nero Tenore

Camper Adria Coral 655 Sp su Ducato Maxi 2.8 jtd 127cv

Link al commento

Probabile la produzione in piccola serie.

Ancora più piccola?

"... guarda la libidine sarebbe per il si, ma il pilota dopo il gran premio ha bisogno il suo descanso... e poi è scattata la regola numero due: perlustrazione del pueblo e ricerca de los amigos... ah Ivana, mi raccomando il panta nell'armadio, il pantalone bello diritto. E un po' d'ordine in stanza... see you later!" (Il Dogui, Vacanze di Natale)

Link al commento

Certo che fanno sempre più a gara per i nomi orribili :lol:

La prossima sarà la "minkiazio pentaturbo cistipauer edition"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some critics have complained that the 4C lacks luxury. To me, complaining about lack of luxury in a sports car is akin to complaining that a supermodel lacks a mustache.

Link al commento

Al di là del fattore bellezza-potenza pura a me piace l'idea di una versione estrema di un'auto di serie fatta in piccola serie. Per ora le italiane non lo fanno più, 500 esclusa (vedi le mille mila versioni speciali della abarth, ora 299 per la tributo maserati ora 499 per la versione ferrari replica, ecc.). Secondo me (e magari facilmete mi sbaglio) attirano l'attenzione su tutta la gamma...

Infatti esiste una certa Punto Scorpione, non funzionano secondo me se cose..

Di questi ne vendono a secchiate.

Vedrete.

[scritto in data 18 Luglio 2013 - Riferito a Jeep Cherokee]

Link al commento

Opel fa sul serio. La casa del Fulmine vuole rafforzare la sua anima sportiva e all'84esimo Salone di Ginevra (6 - 16 marzo) presenterà l'erede della rossa OPC X-treme che venne presentata nel 2002. A differenza del passato però la Opel Astra OPC X-treme che in Svizzera si presenta sotto forma di concept sarà il punto di partenza di una serie di produzione dai volumi limitatissimi che segue il motto dell’Opel Performance Center: "OPC. Pura Passione". La Opel Astra OPC X-treme deriva direttamente dalla Astra OPC Cup, il modello da corsa che partecipa al Nürburgring Endurance Championship (VLN) e sarà omologata per la circolazione.

I componenti di carbonio la rendono più leggera rispetto alla Astra OPC da 280 CV lanciata nel 2012 e le prestazioni si annunciano elevatissime. La struttura di sicurezza integrata, i sedili da corsa e le cinture a sei punti di ancoraggio rivelano come la vettura venga proposta con tutte le dotazioni necessarie per correre in circuito. Al momento la Opel Astra OPC X-treme, come ancor prima la Corsa OPC, la Astra OPC o la Insignia OPC, sta effettuando dei test a tutta velocità in un programma di durata da 10.000 chilometri in condizioni durissime sul Nordschleife.

By Omniauto

Link al commento