Vai al contenuto

Messaggi Raccomandati:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18296&mid=1

FCA US Files for Diesel Vehicle Certification

May 19, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US announced today it has formally filed an application for diesel vehicle emissions certification with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) for its 2017 model-year (MY) Jeep® Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 diesel vehicles. These vehicles feature updated emissions software calibrations.

The filing is the result of many months of close collaboration between FCA US and EPA and CARB, including extensive testing of the vehicles, to clarify issues related to the Company’s emissions control technology. With the permission of EPA and CARB, FCA US intends to install the same modified emissions software in 2014-2016 MY Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 diesel vehicles. FCA US believes this will address the agencies’ concerns regarding the emissions software calibrations in those vehicles.

FCA US also believes that these actions should help facilitate a prompt resolution to ongoing discussions with the Environment and Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and other governmental agencies.

FCA US expects that following EPA and CARB approval, owners of the 2014-2016 MY vehicles will be able to receive the software updates at their dealerships. FCA expects that the installation of these updated software calibrations will improve the 2014-2016 MY vehicles’ emissions performance and does not anticipate any impact on performance or fuel efficiency.

• Mi Piace 1

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Delrio: "sul Dieselgate valuteremo un risarcimento"

Delrio: "sul Dieselgate valuteremo un risarcimento"

CASO INTERNAZIONALE - Il ministro Graziano Delrio (nella foto), nel corso di un'intervista alCorriere della Sera, afferma che il Governo italiano potrebbe chiedere un risarcimento in merito alDieselgate, se le circostanze lo richiedessero. Com'è noto il caso riguarda la Volkswagen, la quale ha ammesso di avere installato un software irregolare per manipolare le emissioni di NOx di alcuni modelli diesel Euro 5 al fine di farli rientrare nei limiti imposti dalle normative in sede di test sul banco a rulli. L'affermazione di Delrio viene pochi giorni dopo l'apertura di una procedura d'infrazione da parte dell'Unione europea a carico dell'Italia (su forti pressioni tedesche) in merito alle emissioni di alcuni modelli diesel del gruppo FCA (500X e Renegade) sospettati di montare anch'essi un software non regolare (qui per saperne di più).

LA “GUERRA" CONTINUA - Delrio si dice stupito di questa mossa dell'Europa che, in questo modo vuole una sorta di supplemento d'indagine sulla questione. Essendo le omologazioni dei singoli modelli di competenza dei vari stati membri, l'Europa chiede all'Italia (e al costruttore) di fornire tutte le prove che non ci siano irregolarità, essendo evidentemente insoddisfatta dell'indagine svolta fino a qui. Ecco che le parole di Delrio “Sul Dieselgate ci sono varie indagini in corso, come noto, compresa quella della Procura di Verona. Se alla fine ci saranno gli estremi valuteremo anche una richiesta di risarcimento” suonano come una non tanto velata minaccia alle pressioni tedesche, che sembrano essersi incaponite con il caso della FCA. Delrio poi precisa: “Sono due casi completamente diversi. Per Volkswagen si parla di dispositivi illegali, che truccavano i dati sulle emissioni e non erano nemmeno denunciati dal produttore. Per FCA, invece, di dispositivi di protezione del motore, regolarmente denunciati e che l’azienda spontaneamente aveva già deciso di migliorare. A dirla tutta, prodotti da una ditta tedesca, la Bosch”.

To Be Continued....

• Mi Piace 5

I'M IN LOVE!:pippa:

"La 6° marcia, K@zzo!"

Link al commento

31 minuti fa, Jack.Torrance dice:

....Sono due casi completamente diversi. Per Volkswagen si parla di dispositivi illegali, che truccavano i dati sulle emissioni e non erano nemmeno denunciati dal produttore. Per FCA, invece, di dispositivi di protezione del motore, regolarmente denunciati e che l’azienda spontaneamente aveva già deciso di migliorare....

Direi che in questa frase c'è il "succo" di tutta la vicenda. Il resto sono chiacchere.

"I rettilinei sono soltanto i tratti noiosi che collegano le curve" [sir Stirling Moss]

"La cosa più bella che può fare un uomo vestito è guidare di traverso" [Miki Biasion]

Seat Leon Copa 1.6Tdi  - Suzuki V-strom 650

Link al commento

• Mi Piace 1

Non ti curar di loro, ma sgomma e sorpassa....

Link al commento

12 minuti fa, pixhell dice:

In effetti a carico di Bosch c'è un'indagine aperta da parte del DOJ più una dozzina di class action in USA. Si dice che dopo FCA, nei guai con l'EPA-CARB e con lo stesso DOJ, la prossima sia proprio Mercedes, la quale peraltro ha interrotto tutte le attività di omologazione delle proprie auto diesel in USA sia per il 2017 che per il 2018......:attorno:

Modificato da pennellotref

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170523/OEM11/170529953/fiat-chrysler-sued-by-u-s-over-excess-diesel-emissions

Fiat Chrysler sued by U.S. over excess diesel emissions

May 23, 2017 @ 1:18 pm
David Shepardson
Reuters

AR-170529953.jpg&MaxH=300

UPDATED: 5/23/17 2:01 pm ET - adds FCA statement

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. government has filed a civil lawsuit accusing Fiat Chrysler Automobiles of using software to bypass emission controls in diesel vehicles.

The U.S. Justice Department suit, filed in U.S. District court in Detroit, is a procedural step that may ramp up pressure on Fiat Chrysler. The suit could ultimately help lead to a settlement, as in an earlier probe of rival Volkswagen AG that will cost VW up to $25 billion, but which affected a much larger number of vehicles.

VW admitted to intentionally cheating while Fiat Chrysler denies wrongdoing.

FCA said in a statement that it is reviewing the complaint. It has been working with the EPA and California regulators to clarify issues related to emissions control technology in the 2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 diesel vehicles.

The automaker said it is "disappointed" that the government chose to file the lawsuit.

"The company intends to defend itself vigorously, particularly against any claims that the Company engaged in any deliberate scheme to install defeat devices to cheat U.S. emissions tests," the statement said.

FCA shares fell 4.2 percent to $10.31 as of 2:01 pm ET. 

The suit also names Fiat Chrysler's unit V.M. Motori SpA, which designed the engine in question. Reuters reported last week the Justice Department and EPA have obtained internal emails and other documents written in Italian that look at engine development and emissions issues that raise significant questions. The investigation has scrutinized VM Motori. 

FCA acquired a 50 percent stake in VM Motori in 2010 and the remainder in October 2013.

The lawsuit asserts the automaker placed undeclared "defeat devices," or auxiliary emissions controls, in 2014-2016 Fiat Chrysler diesel vehicles that led to "much higher" than allowable levels of nitrogen oxide, or NOx pollution, which is linked to smog formation and respiratory problems. The suit seeks injunctive relief and unspecified civil penalties.

EPA said in January the maximum fine is about $4.6 billion.

Fiat Chrysler faces a separate ongoing criminal investigation on the emissions same issue by the Justice Department and probes by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and many U.S. states.

In January, EPA and California accused Fiat Chrysler of illegally using undisclosed software to allow excess diesel emissions in 104,000 U.S. 2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Ram 1500 trucks. 

Fiat Chrysler said on Friday it plans to update software that it expects will resolve the concerns of U.S. regulators about excess emissions in those vehicles.

The January notice was the result of regulators' investigation of rival Volkswagen, which prompted the government to review emissions from all other passenger diesel vehicles.

Volkswagen admitted in September 2015 to installing secret software allowing its cars to emit up to 40 times legal pollution levels.

In total, VW has agreed to spend up to $25 billion in the United States to address claims from owners, environmental regulators, states and dealers and offered to buy back about 500,000 polluting U.S. vehicles.

Fiat Chrysler has applied for certification to sell 2017 diesel models from U.S. and California regulators and said it was in talks to win approval for a software update to address regulators' concerns about emissions in vehicles on the road.

The software update would begin rolling out once the EPA and California Air Resources Board approved it, Fiat Chrysler said Friday. The company said it does not anticipate any impact on performance or fuel efficiency.

A federal judge in California set a Wednesday hearing on a series of lawsuits filed by owners of vehicles and some dealers against Fiat Chrysler.

A "defeat device" is any motor vehicle hardware, software, or design that interferes with or disables emissions controls under real-world driving conditions, even if the vehicle passes formal emissions testing. 

Automakers around the world are facing diesel scrutiny.

German prosecutors searched Daimler AG sites on Tuesday as part of a fraud probe related to false advertising and the possible manipulation of exhaust-gas after-treatment in diesel cars, the German carmaker said in a statement.

Earlier this month, the German automaker dropped plans to seek U.S. approval to sell 2017 Mercedes-Benz diesel models.

DAh1fd7W0AIr9L0.thumb.jpg.ff950d7d285a1b17e98ec30691e9e7e2.jpg

Link al documento completo. L'ho appena letto e devo dire che, per quello che c'ho capito (né poco né tanto), sono non poco perplesso: imho, trattasi di caso di witchhunt....

https://t.co/qJGWZvjUTD

Link al commento

Il defeat device di cui si parla, relativamente alla 500X, sarebbe montato nel modello venduto in Europa, non ha nulla a che fare con la vicenda americana. E si tratterebbe semplicemente di un timer che dopo 1600 secondi dall'accensione del motore attiva un subset di codice con rigenerazioni meno frequenti. Cioè, in altre parole, è il famoso timer che, in Europa, non è un cheat device.

Certo che se avessero fatto una cosa del genere anche negli USA, allora sì che sarebbero cazzi amari.

• Mi Piace 1

Alfiat Bravetta senza pomello con 170 cavalli asmatici che vanno a broda; pack "Terrone Protervo" (by Cosimo) contro lo sguardo da triglia. Questa è la "culona".

Link al commento

28 minuti fa, loric dice:

Il defeat device di cui si parla, relativamente alla 500X, sarebbe montato nel modello venduto in Europa, non ha nulla a che fare con la vicenda americana. E si tratterebbe semplicemente di un timer che dopo 1600 secondi dall'accensione del motore attiva un subset di codice con rigenerazioni meno frequenti. Cioè, in altre parole, è il famoso timer che, in Europa, non è un cheat device.

Certo che se avessero fatto una cosa del genere anche negli USA, allora sì che sarebbero cazzi amari.

Hai ragione, ma il fatto è che il suddetto documento è 1) redatto da un gruppo di lavoro tedesco-americano e 2) per loro, "accademicamente" aggiungerei ma imho non giuridicamente, trattasi di un cheat device.

Link al commento

22 minuti fa, pennellotref dice:

Hai ragione, ma il fatto è che il suddetto documento è 1) redatto da un gruppo di lavoro tedesco-americano e 2) per loro, "accademicamente" aggiungerei ma imho non giuridicamente, trattasi di un cheat device.

Quello sarebbe a tutti gli effetti un cheat device *per gli USA*.

Lì la legislazione prevede che le emissioni su strada rispecchino *sempre* quelle registrate in fase di omologazione, salvi particolari casi (es. necessità di modificare, in determinati momenti, l'intervento dei dispositivi di abbattimento delle emissioni per salvaguardare il motore) che però devono essere resi noti dal costruttore in fase di omologazione.

Certo poi che le label usate nel firmware per marcare le subroutine non sono una bella cosa, eh.

Alfiat Bravetta senza pomello con 170 cavalli asmatici che vanno a broda; pack "Terrone Protervo" (by Cosimo) contro lo sguardo da triglia. Questa è la "culona".

Link al commento

Ma alla luce di tutto questo non era meglio evitare di vendere quelle 100.000 auto, su un totale di 6 milioni nello stesso periodo? Posso capire più VW che per sfondare negli USA, da produttore europeo senza motori adatti ai loro standard, aveva cercato la strada del diesel...

Link al commento