Vai al contenuto

Messaggi Raccomandati:

30 minuti fa, loric dice:

Quello sarebbe a tutti gli effetti un cheat device *per gli USA*.

Lì la legislazione prevede che le emissioni su strada rispecchino *sempre* quelle registrate in fase di omologazione, salvi particolari casi (es. necessità di modificare, in determinati momenti, l'intervento dei dispositivi di abbattimento delle emissioni per salvaguardare il motore) che però devono essere resi noti dal costruttore in fase di omologazione.

Certo poi che le label usate nel firmware per marcare le subroutine non sono una bella cosa, eh.

Ni. Parlando di USA, da quello che ho inteso, la coincidenza dei risultati di laboratorio con quelli rinvenienti da misurazioni in condizioni di utilizzo reali è mitigata da due eccezioni, una è quella che dici tu, ossia, ti cito (niente plagio quindi....:lol:), "necessità di modificare, in determinati momenti, l'intervento dei dispositivi di abbattimento delle emissioni per salvaguardare il motore", l'altra è che deve trattarsi di "normali condizioni di utilizzo". Dai documenti pubblicati dall'EPA-CARB risulta che alcune delle prove effettuate, hanno riguardato per es. la misurazione delle emissioni di un RAM nel corso di una prova di guida operata a velocità non da codice in nessun stato americano (oltre 90 mph), come anche prove da sforzo in condizioni ambientali limite, con carichi oltre quelli indicati da libretto. Mi pare un po' difficile, almeno queste, considerarle normali condizioni di utilizzo.

6 minuti fa, SolidSnake dice:

Ma alla luce di tutto questo non era meglio evitare di vendere quelle 100.000 auto, su un totale di 6 milioni nello stesso periodo? Posso capire più VW che per sfondare negli USA, da produttore europeo senza motori adatti ai loro standard, aveva cercato la strada del diesel...

Il problema è che gli americani li vogliono e pagano bene. Un RAM 1500 diesel base, che nessuno compra, costa quasi 40k. L'ATP è oltre 50k. 

Modificato da pennellotref

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Per capirci qualcosa in più, riposto un articolo redatto da un giornalista di Jalopnik che sa quello che dice, essendo un ex ingegnere FCA che ha deciso di darsi alla carriera giornalistica:

http://jalopnik.com/why-fiat-chryslers-diesel-cheating-might-not-be-anywh-1791135595

What Fiat Chrysler Is Accused Of Doing

The EPA has yet to explicitly accuse Fiat Chrysler of installing a defeat device that actually senses when the car is on the emissions rolls being tested, and the company’s CEO Sergio Marchionne addressed this in a teleconference earlier today, saying:

There is nothing in the current calibration of the Ram 1500 or the Grand Cherokee diesel that distinguishes between a test cycle and normal driving conditions. This is a huge difference because there has never been an intention on part of FCA to create conditions that are designed to defeat the testing process. That is absolutely nonsense. 

But what the agency has accused Fiat Chrysler of doing is failing to disclose all software features that could be considered auxiliary emissions control devices, or AECDs, which are defined as:

...any element of design which senses temperature, vehicle speed, engine RPM, transmission gear, manifold vacuum, or any other parameter for the purpose of activating, modulating, delaying, or deactivating the operation of any part of the emission control system.

These AECDs, the EPA alleges, cause the 103,828 Jeep and Ram vehicles equipped with 3.0-liter diesels to emit more pollution in conditions “reasonably expected to be encountered in normal vehicle operation and use” than under EPA test conditions.

According to the EPA, Fiat Chrysler allegedly failed to disclose the eight AECDs, which tamper with exhaust gas recirculation, EGR, and selective catalytic reduction, SCR, under certain vehicle conditions.

The EGR systems in these Jeep and Ram vehicles recycle exhaust gases back into the cylinders to reduce combustion temperatures and lower NOx emissions, and the SCR system adds urea to the exhaust stream to convert NOx into nitrogen and water.

In other words, these are the two systems responsible for lowering a vehicle’s NOx output under certain conditions. Software adjustments to these two systems work have a huge effect on tailpipe emissions, and the EPA thinks Fiat Chrysler is fiddling with these devices illegally.

The EPA’s Examples Of FCA Cheating

The EPA’s notice includes a number of examples where the emissions controls system effectiveness was intentionally reduced by one or more AECD. The examples are meant to communicate that the devices seem to cause the cars to “perform differently when the vehicle is being tested for compliance with the EPA emission standards using the Federal emission test procedure, than in normal operation and use.”

I interpret this as meaning: the vehicles are clean when driven under the conditions described in the EPA’s federal procedures, but under other driving conditions considered “reasonable,” the cars produce significantly more NOx.

Here’s where I’m going to get really technical. Examples of how the control devices cause the vehicles’ emissions systems to underperform and are described below:

Example 1: The first example in the EPA’s Notification of Violation claims that AECD #3 above, along with AECDs #7 or 8, increases vehicle emissions by disabling EGR without dialing up the SCR to compensate. The EPA says this doesn’t appear to be done in order to protect the vehicle, and that it yields reduced emissions control system effectiveness during “conditions reasonably expected to be encountered in normal vehicle operation or use.”

Example 2: The second example essentially says that AECD 5 and 6, EGR reduction due to engine temperature and SCR shutoff for catalyst warmup, yield high NOx emissions “at temperatures outside of those found in the Federal emissions test procedure,” but not needed to protect the vehicle.

Example 3: The third example the EPA gives is how AECD #4, when combined with AECD #8, increase NOx under “reasonable” conditions, and that AECD #1, 2 and 5 can also increase the frequency of the NOx-spewing AECD #4.

Example 4: The final example given talks about how AECD #7 and 8 increase NOx “particularly in variable grand and high load conditions.”

What does all of that mean? It means these “devices” cause increased engine emissions in certain conditions that the EPA deemed reasonable, and that may or may not have been encompassed by the EPA’s test procedures.

Could This Be A Matter Of Engineers Designing Too Closely To EPA Specs?

If you look at example number two above, you see that the EPA is unhappy about the affected Jeep and Ram models producing too much NOx at “temperatures outside of those found in the Federal emissions test procedure.”

So that prompts the question: isn’t Fiat Chrysler only responsible for meeting emissions requirements at the temperatures specified by the EPA? 

In other words, if the EPA’s tests go from 20 Fahrenheit to 95 Fahrenheit, should engineers have to design the emissions system to work well at -10F or 0F, temperatures where engineers might want to make changes to the combustion strategy for faster warmup (for example).

Is it not the job of the EPA’s test cycles to provide bookends for automotive design? If the EPA is unhappy with Fiat Chrysler’s emissions systems only performing well in conditions bounded by federal test procedures, is it the EPA’s job to change the spec?

If you read the definition of Defeat Device, it says any device that increases emissions in “conditions which may reasonably be expected to be encountered in normal vehicle operation and use.” This makes it seem like the Federal Test Procedures are really only a guideline, and that engineers shouldn’t design their cars solely to meet them.

If that’s the case, should the EPA provide bounds for what is considered a “reasonable” use case? After all, there are an infinite number of temperatures, grades, and drive cycle that engineers could optimize their systems for.

I’ve reached out to the EPA for further clarification on this, because perhaps I’m missing something here, but they have not gotten back to me. But I can’t help but wonder if this is a case of engineers designing exactly to the EPA’s federal test requirements.

Fiat Chrysler’s Response:

I emailed Fiat Chrysler’s PR person in charge of regulatory subjects, and he basically told me to look at the exceptions enumerated in the EPA’s definition of “defeat device.” Those exceptions include:

(1) Such conditions are substantially included in the applicable Federal emission test procedure for heavy-duty vehicles and heavy-duty engines described in subpart N of this part

(2) The need for the AECD is justified in terms of protecting the vehicle against damage or accident;

(3) The AECD does not go beyond the requirements of engine starting; or

(4) The AECD applies only for engines that will be installed in emergency vehicles, and the need is justified in terms of preventing the engine from losing speed, torque, or power due abnormal conditions of the emission control system, or in terms of preventing such abnormal conditions from occurring, during operation related to emergency response. Examples of such abnormal conditions may include excessive exhaust backpressure from an overloaded particulate trap, and running out of diesel exhaust fluid for engines that rely on urea-based selective catalytic reduction.

In particular, FCA’s representative highlighted bullet point number two, suggesting that perhaps these AECDs are in place in order to protect the vehicle against damage, and CEO Sergio Marchionne echoed this in his teleconference today, saying:

If there’s anything at all that — that we may have a difference of opinion on as to what we have completely disclosed - the protection mechanisms that are allowed under the regulations to protect engines under particular circumstances. This is a different type of analysis than the VW story, and I think the sooner we get to that conclusion the better we will all be.

So maybe this whole situation has more to do with interpretation of requirements than with intentional deceit, as was the case with Volkswagen.

The Whole Thing Is Confusing

First off, Fiat Chrysler not disclosing these emissions control devices is already a violation of the Clean Air Act, so the EPA claims. If so, they’ve already screwed up.

Whether they’ve screwed up as badly as Volkswagen remains to be seen, but I think that, if Fiat Chrysler’s software doesn’t actually sense when the vehicle is being tested, then this accusation isn’t nearly as egregious as Volkswagen’s. Because with Jeeps and Rams, it appears that, if you drive them as specified by the Federal Test Procedures, your emissions will meet the spec; the same cannot be said about VW.

That said, I don’t think this is just a misunderstanding of requirements; if it were, you’d expect Fiat Chrysler to have a better excuse than just a bunch of belligerent quotes from their CEO.

We’ll update this as we learn more from the EPA and FCA in the coming days

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

7 ore fa, SolidSnake dice:

Speriamo bene...

Speriamo bene?:pen:

Se truffa fù e se sarà dimostrata , nessun speriamo bene,  devono pagare tutti e tanto se è per la salute. Ultim'ora in Germania stanno verificando sulle manipolazioni in casa Daimler.

Avanti un altro!

Link al commento

domanda:

questo pdf ieee che relazione ha con tutto il caso suddetto?

è preso come pezza d'appoggio dell'indagine usa o eu?

NB: parlando del pdf.....hanno incollato pagine del manuale bosch spacciandole per scaricate da un forum di tuning se ho ben capito?

perchè quegli schemi a blocchi arrivano diretti da un manuale bosch del sw ...i casi sono due : o li ha spifferati un ex dipendente bosch o un ex dipendente fca

10 ore fa, pennellotref dice:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170523/OEM11/170529953/fiat-chrysler-sued-by-u-s-over-excess-diesel-emissions

DAh1fd7W0AIr9L0.thumb.jpg.ff950d7d285a1b17e98ec30691e9e7e2.jpg

Link al documento completo. L'ho appena letto e devo dire che, per quello che c'ho capito (né poco né tanto), sono non poco perplesso: imho, trattasi di caso di witchhunt....

https://t.co/qJGWZvjUTD

Link al commento

• 2 settimane fa...

Dobrindt conferma la presenza di software illegale sui motori diesel audi v6 e v8. Si obbliga il richiamo di 24000 a7 e a8 prodotte tra 2013 e 2016.

in aggiunta vi è il sospetto dell'esistenza in audi di un software per modificare il comportamento dei cambi automatici nella determinazione dei consumi. ( non mi è chi chiara sta parte), sono investigazioni di FAZ, non ufficializzate dalle autorità del KBA

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/vw-abgasskandal/24-000-fahrzeuge-betroffen-neue-vorwuerfe-gegen-audi-im-abgasskandal-15043146.html

• Mi Piace 3

Non ti curar di loro, ma sgomma e sorpassa....

Link al commento

Ma che menghia e' " witchhunt" ?

Il paper comunque e' SPETTACOLARE, grazie del link!!!!

pixhell, fammi capire, il richiamo delle auto e' UFFICIALE?

Stavolta niente multe? Si lascia passare sotto silenzio?

Modificato da TurboGimmo

Di questi ne vendono a secchiate.

Vedrete.

[scritto in data 18 Luglio 2013 - Riferito a Jeep Cherokee]

Link al commento

7 ore fa, TurboGimmo dice:

Ma che menghia e' " witchhunt" ?

Il paper comunque e' SPETTACOLARE, grazie del link!!!!

pixhell, fammi capire, il richiamo delle auto e' UFFICIALE?

Stavolta niente multe? Si lascia passare sotto silenzio?

Caccia alle streghe....

comunque ti vedi il governo che multa una sua controllata, detto così è un po' esagerato ma non lontano dalla realtà...le cause ci sono, ma sinceramente mi sembra che stiano tutti recitando, comunque si... ora stanno investigando sugli stessi motori montati su vw e Porsche, come ce ne fosse bisogno. Tutta la recita sta nel non far pensare troppo la gente che queste auto sotto sono tutte uguali.

• Mi Piace 3

Link al commento

A questa cosa ad esempio non avevo dato peso.

Ma i V6 diesel a memoria mi pare ci siano anche su Touraeg.

Fare le indagini a tappe aiuta a non far capire al volo che in realtà e' lo stesso motore, se no basterebbe una sola indagine e via. Indagine che tra l'altro mi par di capire non serve a niente, se poi non si punisce. Senza contare che la eco mediatica per VAG si e' già spenta in favore di qualche voce su Mercedes e FCA

Di questi ne vendono a secchiate.

Vedrete.

[scritto in data 18 Luglio 2013 - Riferito a Jeep Cherokee]

Link al commento

29 minuti fa, TurboGimmo dice:

A questa cosa ad esempio non avevo dato peso.

Ma i V6 diesel a memoria mi pare ci siano anche su Touraeg.

Fare le indagini a tappe aiuta a non far capire al volo che in realtà e' lo stesso motore, se no basterebbe una sola indagine e via. Indagine che tra l'altro mi par di capire non serve a niente, se poi non si punisce. Senza contare che la eco mediatica per VAG si e' già spenta in favore di qualche voce su Mercedes e FCA

tutto cio che il gruppo monta ha la stessa tecnologia di base, alcuni hanno raffinatezze in piú, ma il fornitore dei sistemi rimane sempre bosch (come per quasi tutti) e che sappiamo da dove é partito, ma visto che in casa sono scarsi di ingegneri meccanici, ma abbondano di ingegneri informatici abbiamo ben visto la piega che ha preso il tutto.

Per quanto riguarda le cause vere, quelle coi soldi, sono molteplici le class action ed i tribunali sono belli carichi...non si fermeranno perché il sistema giudiziario va per conto suo e spesso contraddice le decisioni legislative.

• Mi Piace 1

Link al commento