Vai al contenuto

FCA dialoga con Alphabet (Google) per l'auto a guida autonoma

Messaggi Raccomandati:

5 ore fa, Sifizzirro dice:

Cito dall'articolo:

"Anche se è doveroso ricordare che lo stesso Sergio Marchionne, Ceo di Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, il giorno dell'ufficialità dell'accordo aveva invitato tutti alla prudenza, ribadendo a più riprese che si trattava di un accordo su 100 prototipi".

Quindi?

Quindi a Google serviva qualcuno che costruisse 100 auto "modificate" per ospitare i sistemi di guida autonoma a cui G sta lavorando. Aveva chiesto a GM ma questa non voleva lasciare tutti i dati in mano a Google, così ha rifiutato, per FCA invece andava bene e hanno fatto l'accordo... non vedo nulla di strano. Google paga mica gliele regalano le auto. 

www.giuliomagnifico.it

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Pubblicità ovviamente! Poi figurati se non lo dicevano, quando iniziano a girare le auto tutti i siti di rumors a sparlare su chissachecosa (tradotto: Apple Car :D ). Così FCA guadagna oltre ai soldi qualcos'altro :) 

www.giuliomagnifico.it

Link al commento

• 4 settimane fa...
  • 5 mesi fa...

http://www.autonews.com/article/20161213/OEM06/161219972/google-creates-autonomous-car-unit-called-waymo

Google, FCA plan ride-sharing service with Pacifica minivans, report says

December 13, 2016 @ 12:45 pm
Tommaso Ebhardt, Daniele Lepido and Mark Bergen
Bloomberg

Google parent Alphabet Inc. plans to start a ride-sharing service with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NA’s minivans as part of a reorganization of the tech company’s automotive unit, people familiar with the matter said.

Google will deploy a semi-autonomous version of the Chrysler Pacifica minivan that it’s developing with the Italian-American carmaker for the new service as early as the end of 2017, said the people, who asked not to be identified as the matter is private. The U.S. tech company today announced a new business model for Alphabet’s auto unit, to be called Waymo. 

For the service, Google will need more than the 100 Pacificas it agreed to develop with Fiat Chrysler in May, the people said. The companies announced plans that month to create about 100 prototypes based on the Chrysler Pacifica hybrid-powered minivan for Google to test its self-driving technology.

Fiat Chrysler, the first major automaker to strike a deal with Google for self-driving vehicles, has favored cooperating with tech giants to navigate potentially profound changes in the auto industry. The manufacturer will reveal a fully electric vehicle based on the Pacifica at the CES electronics show in Las Vegas next month as it pushes for a role in the car industry’s shift toward battery-powered models, people familiar with the matter said last week.

John Krafcik, the former Hyundai executive tapped to lead Alphabet’s car unit last year, has repeatedly spoken publicly about the company’s willingness to partner with automakers. But many manufacturers have staved off Alphabet’s overtures, wary of its software control. In recent months, a wave of staffers left the Alphabet car team, including its chief technician and several early engineers.

Ride-sharing con un minivan. Catso........L'uomo di Colombo ! Il Maglionato è un genio, IMHO ! :si:

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

• 5 mesi fa...

Non è proprio attinente al 100%, ma sempre di Google si tratta :mrgreen:. A quanto pare Audi e Volvo si uniscono ad FCA nello sviluppo di sistemi infotainment basati su Android 7.0 Nougat:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/15/15640596/google-android-auto-audi-volvo-apple-carplay-io-2017

Audi and Volvo will use Android as the operating system in upcoming cars

Deeper integration and the full Google Assistant

by Sean O'Kane@sokane1  May 15, 2017, 10:34am EDT

Google has taken a major step toward turning Android into a complete operating system for cars that doesn’t require the use of a phone. The company announced partnerships with Audi and Volvo today, ahead of this week’s I/O developer’s conference, that will see those carmakers build new branded infotainment systems using Android 7.0 Nougat.

The manufacturer-tweaked versions of Google’s operating system will power the cars’ main touchscreen displays, as well as the digital dashboards behind the steering wheel. They will add new services like Google Assistant to the apps and integrations already available on Android Auto. But Android will now also control basic functions like heating and cooling, seat position, or opening and closing the windows. (It won’t go as far as controlling critical safety systems like brakes, though, according to Google.) Volvo says it plans to launch its Android on new models within two years, while Audi will show its version off in the new Audi Q8 Sport concept.

Taking over a car’s entire infotainment system — as opposed to just running on top of the one created by the manufacturer — has always seemed to be the endgame for Google’s initial efforts with Android Auto. Google has been reportedly working on it as far back as late 2014, when a report in Reuters indicated that the software giant was aiming to turn Android Auto into something that could control a car’s systems and wouldn’t require a smartphone.

Google officially exposed those ambitions at last year’s I/O conference when it showed off a Maserati Ghibli with a 4K, 15-inch vertical center touchscreen that was running a version of Android that could control everything from the radio to the HVAC system. This past January, Google and Fiat Chrysler (the parent company of Maserati) announced they were working on combining FCA’s Uconnect infotainment system with Android 7.0 Nougat — an apparent precursor to today’s news.

At that time, Google said this automotive version of Android would still be open source, and that it wouldn’t necessarily lock out Apple’s CarPlay (or even the Android Auto app). That still appears to be the case. Patrick Brady, vice president of engineering for Android, toldBloomberg News that Apple's CarPlay would still be able to run on top of this new embedded Android system. And a representative for Volvo tells The Verge that there is “no change in functionality with regards to CarPlay, nor is there a change in the many partners with whom we collaborate.”

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

• 3 anni fa...