Vai al contenuto

Messaggi Raccomandati:

http://jalopnik.com/this-honda-gearbox-patent-has-three-clutches-and-eleven-1785596482

Honda filed this patent to the Japan Patent Office in late May. The patent application, which you can read here, has been translated from Japanese, so I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly how the thing works. 

Still, based on these excerpts, it seems the triple-clutch trans will offer both efficiency and transient-response benefits compared to a more conventional dual-clutch setup.

This one indicates that there will be no “torque omission” with the new proposed transmission compared with a dual-clutch. Presumably “torque omission” refers to a drop in torque to the wheels during a gear change (emphasis mine):

The above-mentioned conventional gearbox which is a kind of the gearbox of a dual clutch type is holding and changing two friction clutches, where PURISHIFUTO [ the following gear ratio ] preliminarily, when changing gears sequentially, and gear change without a torque omission is attained. 

This passage mentions the lack of “torque removal,” as well as an improvement in response time:

since the number of friction engaging devices C1 to C3 has been increased from two to three in respect to the usual dual clutch type speed change gear, a probability that the friction engagement device to be engaged at the present speed change stage and a friction engagement device to be engaged at a target speed change stage are coincided to each other is decreased and a probability that no torque removal occurs and a clutch-to-clutch speed change can be carried out is increased to enable a multistep formation at the time of step speed change to be more effectively restricted and a speed change response to be increased. 

As for how it works exactly, I’m not sure. But the patent application has a slew of diagrams, so if there’s a transmission engineer out there with a few hours of spare time, by all means, take a look and let us know what’s going on.

mw9jtef1vhqe3ea0p99l.png

Graphic taken from the Japan Patent Office

Whether this trans will make its way into passenger cars, the patent doesn’t specify, but based on that translation indicating better response times and less power loss to the wheels, I sure hope so. Or is 11 gears too many gears?

Praticamente...............non c'ho capito 'na mazza ! :si: Aiutoooooo !!!!!!!!:lol:

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Sembra fatto come i normali cambi a frizione multipla (doppia) ma con 2 alberi d'uscita connessi al differenziale e 3 frizioni.

A ben pensarci Honda ha già un doppia frizione fatto in modo analogo, anche se ciascuno dei 2 alberi ha una frizione separata, anziché ad alberi coassiali.

Il vantaggio, a quanto pare, sta nella maggior probabilità di avere sempre la marcia giusta innestata, quindi che non occorra selezionare un altro rapporto a causa di condizioni mutate troppo rapidamente.

Link al commento

• 2 settimane fa...
On 23/8/2016 at 9:07 PM, 1happydream said:

E la stessa che ha GIA' un Hybrid con sequenziale su Jazz, ma non lo importa in Eu !!!!

PS Per problemi tecnici di affidabilità....

non più.

O meglio: Honda aveva deciso sin dall'inizio di non portare l'ibrido jazz in EU, la precedente generazione aveva venduto troppo poco e solo sotto incentivi. In giappone le ibride sono fortemente incentivate, lì i numeri sono significativi.
I guai d'affidabilità che hanno portato ai richiami per modificare la parte software mi risulta siano stati risolti. 

Modificato da Jazzboy
Link al commento