Vai al contenuto

Audi non svilupperà più piattaforme proprietarie

Messaggi Raccomandati:

Audi forced to dramatically cut costs after Dieselgate

Audi's future vehicles will no longer feature platforms designed and engineered in house

The Audi R8's mid-engined platform could be culled

by Hilton Holloway

18 October 2016

Audi will no longer design and engineer its own platforms for future vehicles, according to German media reports, as the VW Group embarks on a sweeping cost-saving exercise to pay for huge losses associated with the Dieselgate scandal.

Respected German business magazine Der Spiegel revealed that Audi boss Rupert Stadler has indicated to company staff that "all future investments" at Audi are now "under scrutiny". 

The VW supervisory board is expected to meet on 18 November to rubber stamp spending plans for the Group’s various automotive brands.

As well as suspending plans for a new crash test centre and wind tunnel, Audi may also abandon its home-grown MLB platform, which is used for models from the A4 to the A7 and A8. The mid-engined platform underpinning the R8 super car is also expected to be dropped and it’s not certain that today’s R8 will be replaced. 

As Autocar has already reported, Audi’s involvement with motorsport is also under question. The highly successful LMP1 series looks like it will be officially brought to an end in the near future.

A local German newspaper has also reported that plans for a massive investment in an Apple-style technology campus at Audi’s Ingolstadt HQ have also been cancelled. 

Dubbed the INovation-Campus, it would have consisted of as many as 75 buildings and would have been connected to the local motorway network with its own junction. The web pages hosting the plans being developed by architects AS+P have already been deleted.

The news comes as the Volkswagen brand operation in Wolfsburg wants to slash 10% of its overall running costs in just one year and improve the efficiency of its plants by 5-8%, removing third and weekend shifts, according to German media reports. Audi has already begun to reduce the number of shifts building its MLB-based models.

It’s thought that the next-generation Audi A4 and A5 models will be sistered with the VW Passat on the transverse-engined MQB platform. The larger Audi models - including the A6 and A7 - are expected to be built on the shortened version of Porsche’s MSB platform, which is currently used for the Panamera. This would mean the future A6 and A7 would be offered as either rear-drive or all-wheel drive.

Autocar contacted Audi for comment on the news. It said “Audi will continue to strictly maintain the features typical of its brand, and will continue fulfilling the specific desires of Audi customers.

"Even when modules are used from other members of the group, an Audi will always be identifiable as an automobile with the Four Rings; that is guaranteed by more than ten thousand employees at our Technical Development division in Ingolstadt, Neckarsulm and Györ.”

Currently Audi builds around 770,000 cars based on MLB platforms. However, even those volumes look unsustainable partly because MLB demands unique transmission systems and modified VW group engines. Audi will also be able to reign in its substantial £3.8bn annual research and development budget.

Autocar.co.uk

Riassumendo: niente più MLB, quindi prossima famiglia A4 et al. su base Passat a motore trasversale (voglio proprio vedere cosa si inventano per RS4), mentre A6 e superiori saranno su base Porsche accorciata. R8 probabilmente non verrà sostituita, l'articolo parla di eliminazione della piattaforma, ma non è chiaro che risvolti avrebbe per Lamborghini.

Tutto questo per tagliare fortemente i costi e razionalizzare la gamma di motori/trasmissioni.

• Mi Piace 1

La teoria è quando si conosce il funzionamento di qualcosa ma quel qualcosa non funziona.

La pratica è quando tutto funziona ma non si sa come.

Spesso si finisce con il coniugare la teoria con la pratica: non funziona niente e non si sa il perché.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Se è tutto vero, il Dieselgate accelera un processo che imho prima o poi sarebbe stato inevitabile, ossia una maggiore integrazione tecnologica tra i marchi premium-luxury del gruppo. In fondo potrebbe esserci di molto peggio che affidarsi alle architetture Porsche.....:) 

• Mi Piace 4

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

Adesso, stev66 dice:

Signori , date il benvenuto alla Tipo Quattro ( Anelli ) :mrgreen:

Tu sei crudele dentro !! :§ :mrgreen:

P.S.: pensa quanto roderebbe al Maglionato vedere Audi vendere una Tipo Quattro (anelli) a 40 zucche ....:lol:

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

1 minuto fa, pennellotref dice:

Tu sei crudele dentro !! :§ :mrgreen:

P.S.: pensa quanto roderebbe al Maglionato vedere Audi vendere una Tipo Quattro (anelli) a 40 zucche ....:lol:

Dilettanti  :) MB vende la Tipo con la Stella a 50 Kilodobloni :lol:

• Mi Piace 5

Archepensevoli spanciasentire Socing.

Link al commento

1 minuto fa, stev66 dice:

Dilettanti  :) MB vende la Tipo con la Stella a 50 Kilodobloni :lol:

I kilodobloni....:lol:

Link al commento

LOL, mò voglio vedere gli Audisti che schifavano le A3 :lol: 

c'è da dire che così le A4 miglioreranno i momenti polari.

• Mi Piace 7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some critics have complained that the 4C lacks luxury. To me, complaining about lack of luxury in a sports car is akin to complaining that a supermodel lacks a mustache.

Link al commento

Mi sa che tagliano il MLB perchè non ha portato quelle economie di scala che speravano. Il dieselgate è concausa, ma non quella determinante. 

Più di un analista sosteneva che i vantaggi economici per piattaforme tanto modulari, fossero meno grandi di quanto detto da vw.

• Mi Piace 6

CI SEDEMMO DALLA PARTE DEL TORTO VISTO CHE TUTTI GLI ALTRI POSTI ERANO OCCUPATI

Link al commento