Vai al contenuto

WRC - World Rally Championship 2017

AleMcGir

Messaggi Raccomandati:

• 2 settimane fa...
  • 3 settimane fa...

Sébastien Loeb showcases his unique talent for all Groupe PSA Brands

• Sébastien Loeb and the Groupe PSA Brands have together built a dense and eclectic set of awards over more than 15 years, becoming the most successful driver in motorsport.
• To continue an audacious alliance, this exceptional driver will now showcase his talents for DS Performance, Citroën Racing and Peugeot Sport.

The creation of PSA Motorsport, bringing together the Peugeot Sport, Citroën Racing and DS Performance entities at Versailles Satory, will shortly be celebrating its first anniversary. This Centre of Excellence offers opportunities both in terms of technical synergies and in the field of sports, through the wealth of its programmes. It is an opportunity for drivers with exceptional ability, like Sébastien Loeb, to pass from one programme to another, and from one steering wheel to another! His talent, experience, high expectations, desire to constantly take on new challenges and his inner strength are all precious allies in achieving success in many categories.

Taken on by Peugeot Sport in Cross-country rallying - where he finished second in the last Dakar - and again in the World Rallycross Championship, Sébastien Loeb will put the Citroën C3 WRC through its paces in the coming weeks in private test on asphalt. During this day, he will get to know the car in its WRC 2017 regulation version, a faster, more powerful model than those he has been driving for many years in the World Rally Championship. It's also an opportunity for Citroën Racing to get valuable technical feedback on the C3 WRC from the great champion.

He will return to the red and white badge with which he started his career and which led to such eloquent figures: 9 times WRC world champion, impressive records, and also a successful partnership in WTCC.

Circuit, cross-country, rallycross and hill climbing… Sébastien Loeb practises all these categories with Groupe PSA Brands. In 2013, he smashed the record for climbing Pikes Peak with the Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak. Then, still under the Peugeot Sport banner, he attacked Cross-country and the World Rallycross Championship, where he is currently ranked 4th among drivers and has helped the Team to 2nd place in the team rankings. In 2018, Dakar will remain a top priority, still with his faithful Monaco ally, Daniel Elena, at his side.

The adventure is continuing not only in official programmes but on other fronts too, such as national rallies with his 306 Maxi or his 208 T16 operated by his team, Sébastien Loeb Racing.

Sébastien Loeb: "With the creation of the PSA Motorsport entity, we can now form a single big team. At the same time as competing in cross-country and the World Rallycross Championship with Peugeot, I can bring my experience to Citroën by testing the C3. I can't wait to get back into a WRC and test how the technology has changed in that discipline! I'm still passionate about rallying. Of all the disciplines I've tried since I retired 5 years ago, it's the sensation of rallying that I love most."

Jean-Marc Finot, Head of PSA Motorsport: "Sébastien shares Groupe PSA's values. That is fundamentally why his career with Citroën and then Peugeot has been closely intertwined for so many years. He's absolutely in tune with the team spirit and is one of the team's pillars. With its wealth of programmes, PSA Motorsport is able to give drivers the chance to use their talents for DS Performance, Citroën Racing and Peugeot Sport. In this way, drivers of Groupe PSA Brands benefit from varied driving experiences in line with their ambitions and adapted to their exceptional skills. They are members of the PSA family!".

PSA MOTORSPORT AWARDS
3   Indianapolis 500 wins
13 FIA WRC manufacturer titles
9   Dakar victories
3   Pikes Peak victories including the record
3   Le Mans 24 hours victories
3   FIA WTCC manufacturer titles

SEBASTIEN LOEB'S AWARDS
9 FIA WRC Drivers' titles: 78 victories
2 3rd place in the WTCC World Championship, 6 victories
1 WRX victory (5th in the 2016 World Championships)
1 runner-up in Dakar 2017 with 5 stage victories
1 Pikes Peak victory
1 XGames victory
1 runner-up in the 2006 Le Mans 24 hours

http://media.groupe-psa.com/en/sébastien-loeb-showcases-his-unique-talent-all-groupe-psa-brands?linkId=40208150

:pop:

• Mi Piace 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Chissà se qualche rallyino se lo farà :wub:

Mi chiedo però quanto sia competitiva la C3 di quest' anno, vero che Meeke una gara l'ha vinta, però attualmente mi paiono un po in difficoltà. Sarebbe un peccato vedere Loeb fare la comparsa.

Modificato da GL91
Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• 2 settimane fa...