Vai al contenuto

Toyota GT 86 Convertible - Axed (Notizie)

Touareg 2.5

Messaggi Raccomandati:

• Risposte 44
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

• 3 mesi fa...
[h=2]Company thought they would be too expensive[/h]According to a recent report, Toyota has axed plans for a turbocharged GT 86 and a GT 86 Convertible.

Details are limited but Automotive News is reporting the company thought the models would be too expensive to develop given their limited sales volumes.

The news comes as a bit of a surprise as Toyota recently introduced the FT-86 Open concept at the Geneva Motor Show. At the time, Toyota said the concept was created to "gauge reaction to [the] possible development of a cabriolet version of the GT 86 sports coupe." They also said the GT 86 was always envisioned to be offered as convertible so it was equipped with "frameless doors" and a rigid structure early on in the development cycle.

The rumored cancellation of the turbocharged variant is also a letdown as Toyota GT 86 chief engineer Tetsuya Tada previously confirmed a high-performance variant was going to be introduced later in the car's lifecycle.

News al 02/12/2015: Mazda 2.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• 2 settimane fa...
Toyota GT 86 chief engineer Tetsuya Tada has dismissed rumors about the death of theconvertible variant.When CarAdvice asked Tada about the status of the project, the engineer shook his head and said the company is still evaluating the model. He went on to say a new convertible concept will be introduced at the Tokyo Motor Show but declined to elaborate.

Automotive News originally reported the model was axed because it would be too expensive to develop, but CarAdvice speculates the uncertainly over the model is due to the fact that coupe demand is outstripping supply so adding a convertible variant now would only complicate matters.

Whatever the case, Toyota previously confirmed the GT 86 was always envisioned to be offered as convertible so it was equipped with "frameless doors" and a rigid structure early on in the development cycle.

WCF

Smentita la morte prematura della Convertible ;)

News al 02/12/2015: Mazda 2.

Link al commento

WCF

Smentita la morte prematura della Convertible ;)

Da piccolo mi vedevo su un'Alfa cattiva, prestante e tagliente. Da grande il findus-style mi ha infranto i sogni d'infanzia.  -  Cit. 22/06/2012 (MiTo ndr)
Chiaro che tra il "dire" ed il "fare" c'è di mezzo il "sai driftare?"  -  Cit. 18/02/2016 (BRZ ndr)

Link al commento

• 1 mese fa...
[h=2]Model looks increasingly unlikely[/h] A few months ago, rumors surfaced that Toyota had axed the GT 86 Convertible. Shortly thereafter, GT 86 chief engineerlb_icon1.png Tetsuya Tada dismissed the reports and said the model was still under evaluation. Fast forward to today and WhatCar is reporting the model has been "delayed indefinitely."

Citing company insiders, the magazine says the model is on ice as it isn't in the Toyota product plan for 2014 or 2015. The sources declined to give a reason for the model's status but previous reports have indicated high costs and production capacity issues.

Despite the latest bout of bad news, the magazine speculations the model could eventually be fast-tracked if Toyota's management changes their mind.

My cars...

Autobianchi Y10 1.1 i.e. (1992) - Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Emotion (2008) - Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (2017) - Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB GPL Super (2017)

Link al commento

• 1 mese fa...
Model looks increasingly unlikely

Fuji Heavy Industries President Yasuyuki Yoshinaga has dismissed the possibility of a Subaru BRZ Convertible.

Speaking to Automotive News, Yoshinaga said "Our engineering department told me that losing the entire roof requires a complete redesign of the structure." The executive went on to say if they don't make a BRZ Convertible, there won't be a Scion FR-S or Toyota 86 convertible either. As he explained, "We make the car, so if we don't make it, it can't happen."

Interestingly, Yoshinaga's statement contradicts Toyota's claim that the Toyotaru triples were always envisioned to be offered as convertibles. When Toyota introduced the GT 86 Open concept they said the model was "package protected with a cabriolet in mind."

WCF

Indovinate?

L'han smentita di nuovo :mrgreen:

My cars...

Autobianchi Y10 1.1 i.e. (1992) - Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Emotion (2008) - Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (2017) - Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB GPL Super (2017)

Link al commento