Messaggi Raccomandati:

• 2 settimane fa...
  • Risposte 612
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

• 2 settimane fa...
5 ore fa, Nicola_P dice:

Vacca boia ma come è possibile che si crepino in quel modo li?

Ci sono n possibilità: materiali scadenti, difetti nella progettazione, nella colata, trattamenti termici; poi andarci in pista con le semislick non aiuta certo a mitigare difetti preesistenti. :-D

Era al 14° track-day con quei cerchi, aveva controllato solo la superficie esterna del cerchio all'ultimo cambio gomme.

Left front wheel failure, midcorner on Riverside at Buttonwillow Raceway!

Wheel is a Forgestar F14, 17x10 +55. 14 track days total on various Southern California tracks. 6 days on Hankook RS3, 6 days on R888, and the last two days were on Bridgestone RE71R (which were giving me noticeably higher lateral loads).

Prior to my first day on RE71Rs, there were no visible cracks on the exterior of the spokes. I lazily ran my hand along the backside of the spokes, but obviously missed, well, a lot of cracks. The spoke that was cracked clean-through on the right-rear either cracked at that event (WSIR) or during this event at Buttonwillow. The front left may also have had a complete crack prior to or during the Buttonwillow event.

Un buon motivo per lavare bene i cerchi in lega ogni tanto ;)

Modificato da ISO-8707
  • Mi Piace 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

3 minuti fa, mikisnow dice:

Non so se sia già stato postato .....

cut

Subu versione 2016 per scendere sotto i 19 minuti

subaru-wrx-sti-by-prodrive.jpg

Special Subaru WRX STI to tackle Isle of Man TT record

Subaru and Prodrive have joined forces for a special WRX STI that will attempt to take down the Isle of Man TT record.

The man in charge of trying to set a new record is none other than British rally champion Mark Higgins, who is actually the current record holder. He completed the 37-mile course in 19 minutes and 15 seconds back in 2014 with a 2015MY WRX STI in U.S. specification and now he’s getting ready to improve his record with a purpose-built car prepared by UK-based Prodrive.

Compared to the road-going WRX STI, the special version has gone through an extensive diet after Subaru Technica International (STI) and Prodrive stripped out the interior cabin where there’s now a roll cage. The body has also been the subject of a few upgrades, as it now comes with an aerodynamic kit highlighted by a massive rear wing.

Subaru and Prodrive had a lucrative collaboration in the rally world from 1990 up until 2008, so seeing the two come together once again on a project is definitely worthy of our attention. And if there’s one man for the job to take down the Isle of Man TT record, that’s certainly Mark Higgins.

This year’s edition of the Isle of Man TT event is scheduled to take place between May 28 and June 10. Don’t be too surprised if Higgins will be able to dip below the 19-minute mark taking into account the car appears to have more upgrades compared to the aforementioned 2015MY WRX STI.

Source: Subaru

http://www.worldcarfans.com/1160405105852/special-subaru-wrx-sti-to-tackle-isle-of-man-tt-record

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social