1741184031173676316.jpg

Tc5cyO0.jpg

R5tXWWd.jpg

Press Release:

HYUNDAI MOTOR REVEALS REFINED NEW i40 FOR EUROPE

Dec 10, 2014

• New i40 refined exterior and interior design
  • Upgraded engine line-up and addition of new DCT for increased efficiency
  • Improved ride and handling characteristics, plus new safety and comfort features
  • Improved audio and navigation systems with added functionality and DAB radio on selected models

High Wycombe, 10 December 2014 - Hyundai Motor has today introduced its New i40 Tourer and Saloon, enhancing the brand’s product line-up in Europe’s competitive D-segment.

A flagship car for Hyundai Motor in Europe at its launch, the original i40 has achieved sales of 100,000 units and played an important role in changing customers’ perceptions of the Hyundai brand.

The New i40 now features refined exterior styling, an upgraded range of responsive, efficient diesel engines, the addition of a new seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, improvements in ride and handling and several ‘first-for-Hyundai’ active safety and convenience features. Many of the new technologies were first seen on the new Hyundai Genesis.

Enhanced, elegant design

Designed and engineered at the company’s European R&D headquarters in Rüsselsheim, Germany, the refreshed design for New i40 retains the distinctive visual appeal and practicality of the original model, combining practicality with engaging design.

Exterior enhancements include an updated design for front and rear lamps, a more sophisticated hexagonal grille, a new front bumper, and new integrated LED fog lamps as introduced in Genesis. The profile is refreshed by newly-designed 16- and 18-inch alloy wheels.

Responsive, efficient engine line-up and addition of new seven-speed DCT

New i40 is available with an enhanced engine line-up of two Euro6-compliant diesel power units from 115 PS up to 141 PS. These have been re-engineered to deliver increased responsiveness and efficiency.

A new seven-speed dual-clutch transmission is available for the upgraded 1.7-litre diesel engine with 141 PS. It provides improved fuel efficiency, and offers drivers fully automatic operation or manual gear changes through paddles on the steering wheel for greater driver involvement.

Technologies included: Integrated Stop & Go (ISG), alternator management system, and active front flaps help to further reduce emissions and fuel consumption.

Improved ride and handling

For better cornering and to improve the overall agility, the New i40 now offers Advanced Traction Cornering Control (ATCC) (subject to market specification). The system uses electronic sensors to emulate the behaviour of a limited-slip differential during cornering, providing additional traction, better grip and improved handling.

New i40’s Drive Mode settings are enhanced by the new Rear Electronic Damping Control System (ECS) (subject to market specification), which will be equipped on the rear axle of the most popular New i40 body type – the Tourer. The driver will also be able to adapt the suspension settings through the drive modes to suit his driving style. In addition to the rear suspension, the steering, the transmission logic* and throttle response* are all influenced by the selection. This technology follows the electronic damping control introduced on the Genesis.

Comprehensive new technologies

Hyundai has expanded the comprehensive list of available active and passive safety technologies for the New i40 even further. As well as the existing Lane Keep Assist System, additional functions include the new Smart High Beam (SHB) system (available subject to market specification), which monitors approaching traffic and automatically turns off the high beam to avoid dazzling other drivers. This system was first seen on the premium Genesis model.

The new Speed Limit Identification Function system checks roadside signs and displays a current speed limit alert to the driver via the new TFT display on the instrument panel. It is the first time Hyundai is bringing this technology to its line-up. (available subject to market specification)

Also introduced in the New i40 is the company’s latest navigation technology with enhanced touchscreen functionality and new visualisation for better usability. The two new audio systems are available with several new features including DAB technology for the top version.

Five Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty

Like all new Hyundai models, the New i40 is backed up by Hyundai’s unique, Europe-only, Five Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty package. This care programme provides customers with a five-year warranty with no mileage limit, five years of roadside assistance and five years of vehicle health checks.

*Only with DCT/AT

Technical data:

Engines

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] Engine[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] Diesel[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] 1.7 ‘U-II’[/TD]

[TD] 1.7 ‘U-II’[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Capacity[/TD]

[TD] 1685 cc[/TD]

[TD] 1685 cc[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Power[/TD]

[TD] 115 PS (85 kW) @ 4000 rpm[/TD]

[TD] 141 PS (104 kW) @ 4000 rpm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Torque[/TD]

[TD] 280 Nm @1250-2500rpm[/TD]

[TD] 340 Nm @1750-2500 rpm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Manual[/TD]

[TD] 6[/TD]

[TD] 6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Automatic[/TD]

[TD] -[/TD]

[TD] 7DCT[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Exterior dimensions

[TABLE=width: 604]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Tourer[/TD]

[TD] Saloon[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Overall length[/TD]

[TD] 4770[/TD]

[TD] 4740[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Overall width[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] 1815 (excluding door mirrors)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Overall height[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] 1470[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Wheelbase[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] 2770[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Front overhang[/TD]

[TD] 920[/TD]

[TD] 920[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Rear overhang[/TD]

[TD] 1080[/TD]

[TD] 1050[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Front track[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] 1591 depending on wheel / tyre combination[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Rear track[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] 1597 depending on wheel / tyre combination[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Ground clearance[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] 140[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hyundai

Prezzi:

Benzina:

1.6 GDI (135 CV):

Classic: 26.650€

Diesel :

1.7 CRDi (115 CV):

Classic: 28.150€

Comfort: 29.900€

1.7 CRDi (141 CV):

Comfort: 30.500€

Business: 32.250€

1.7 CRDi 7DCT (141 CV):

Comfort: 32.000€

Business: 33.750€

Style: 37.950€

-----

Topic Spies: freccina19rossaiy0.gif Hyundai i40 Facelift (Spy)

-----

Modello Precedente (1): freccina19rossaiy0.gif Hyundai i40 Wagon 2010

Modello Precedente (2): freccina19rossaiy0.gif Hyundai i40 2011

Modificato da Touareg 2.5
Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• Risposte 38
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

Ci vedo molto Focus/Mondeo o sbaglio?

- - - - - - - - - - AGGIUNTA al messaggio già esistente - - - - - - - - - -

1837183615814863853.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Fiat 127 - 903 ab | Fiat Regata 100 S i.e. | Daewoo Nubira SW 1600 SX-Fiat Panda Young 750 ab ('89) | Fiat Punto Easy 1.2 Nero Tenore

Camper Adria Coral 655 Sp su Ducato Maxi 2.8 jtd 127cv

Link al commento

Più che Mondeo c'è tanto calandrone a-là AUDI. Bel posteriore, mentre il musetto spigoloso non si raccorda perfettamente con il corpo sinuoso. Mi piace, comunque :)

Fai parte della comunità LGBT+ o vorresti supportarci? Iscriviti alla nostra pagina su Instagram: @motorpride_it

🏳️‍🌈

Link al commento

Hanno risolto uno dei grandi difetti che secondo me aveva la vecchia...la grafica dei fari anteriori, con quell'idiotica e assurda striscia di led che ho sempre odiato con tutto me stesso :disp2:

2012_06_22_hyundai_i40_sedan_03.jpg

Frontale molto migliorato rispetto a prima...sarà anche perchè c'è un po' (tanto) di Audi? 8-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link al commento