Vai al contenuto

Messaggi Raccomandati:

Per me farà la fine della Classe R...

......se la Regione non se ne sbatte a tempo debito di quelle porcherie che chiamano strade lascio le macchinette con touch grattascroto agli altri, il mio prossimo acquisto si chiamerà Panda 1000 4x4, Suzuki SJ413, Vitara JLX o Terrano II 2.7 TDI......

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Per me farà la fine della Classe R...

Po' esse.......:§

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

E il primo è stato il Lincon, se non ricordo male.

Però non c'è più :mrgreen:

The Cadillac Escalade EXT, an upscale version of the Chevrolet Avalanche, was introduced in the U.S. in 2001 but discontinued when General Motors launched its current-generation full-sized pickups and SUVs -- codenamed K2XX.

Cadillac sold 72,897 Escalade EXTs in the U.S. between 2001 and January 2015, with deliveries peaking at 13,494 in 2002.

www.giuliomagnifico.it

Link al commento

Letta anch'io la notizia oggi, in effetti mi sembrava strano che con le gamme sterminate che si ritrovano, ancora non ci fosse arrivato nessuno dei 3 ai pickup premium :) era uno dei pochi tipi di vettura che mancavano :D

Link al commento

Ovviamente, alla notizia del pick-up Merc., anche se non sarà commercializzato in NA, si è scatenata una buriana terrificante che la metà basta. Al che Jalopnik si premura di far presente all'americano medio che Mercedes è anche altro al di fuori degli USA:

What Everyone's Getting Wrong About The New Mercedes Pickup Truck

[h=1]What Everyone's Getting Wrong About The New Mercedes Pickup Truck[/h]

[h=4]Andrew P Collins[/h]ProfileFollow

mfh4ogl62b9vl2ahdnsx.jpg

Andrew P Collins

w7d3tmzby7fjzzs4vow7.jpg1

Since news broke this morning that Mercedes-Benz will build a mid-sized pickup truck, every comment I've seen has been "WTF," "stupid status symbol," or "why wouldn't they sell this in America?!" If those was your instinctive reactions, here's why you're wrong.

A Pickup Truck Fits Perfectly Into The Mercedes Lineup

Outside the US, the Mercedes brand transcends "blingmobile" and they're able to sell decadent S600s right next to an E200 with 184 horsepower, basic options, and a six-speed manual transmission.

Mercedes doesn't bother hawking their bottom-trim offerings in America because they know we're too stupid to accept a brand associating with ultra high-end offerings and sensible base cars. Why else would Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti need to exist?

Basically, everywhere else in the world, Mercedes makes cheap taxis. Here, they're the ultimate in luxury.

Besides that, just about every car here is already trying to be a luxury car... you've gotta look hard to find a US model without navigation or at least leather on the options list.

The upcoming Mercedes pickup (GLT?) will become a part of the company's work-rig division to help them compete even closer with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, which makes vans in various sizes, just like Mercedes. They also have a pickup truck (the Amarok) which can be spec'd from a chassis-cab stripper to a comfortable top-of-the-range model that is similar to our Chevy Colorado Z71.

That's where Merc's truck is going to land on the luxury scale; not as AMG's idea of a Ford King Ranch, though that would be all sorts of rad.

It Will Be A Real Work Truck

Mercedes' press briefing mentioned "payload of about one metric ton" as the standard for a successful pickup. One metric ton?! That's almost 700 pounds more than a Colorado can handle and probably enough to snap a Frontier or Tacoma straight in half. Though it is about the top end of carrying capacity for a VW Amarok.

Daimler expressly stated their pickup truck will be coming from Mercedes-Benz Vans. That's the side of the outfit that's churned out the Sprinter, Metris, Vito, and nothing with massaging seats or "AMG" in its name.

Dr. Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management Daimler AG, Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars Division, and CMO (Chief Mustache Officer) said "We will enter this segment with our distinctive brand identity and all of the vehicle attributes that are typical of the brand with regard to safety, comfort, powertrains, and value."

Notice what was not mentioned? Luxury. And I'm pretty sure by "powertrains" he was talking about their reputation for quality, not performance.

It Makes Sense They're Not Selling It In America

Sure does seem like America's got a disproportionately high percentage of the world's full-sized trucks, and they do top our sales charts every year, but there's more to pickups than the F-150, Silverado, and Ram. We're also hardly the only "truck country."

Head to Mexico, Australia, or just about anywhere in South America and you'll see more trucks than cars at plenty of intersections. They've got more offerings from the brands we have stateside, plus a huge smattering of pickups most Americans have never heard of like SsangYong, Tata, Foton, Mitsubishi and other names you may or may not know.

In order to sell their truck here, Mercedes would have to build it here. And their US production facilities are already sprinting to stamp out the plenty-profitable SUV formerly known as M-Class. Not to mention they'd have to tackle the brand image pollution discussed above.

The Mercedes van lineup is already impressive and I think the company will be able to put together a damn fine pickup truck, which makes it an even bigger shame that we won't have the option of buying them stateside. Of course, even if we had the option of buying it here, there are no guarantees that it'd sell to the pickup buying public.

:D

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

OT

Posso fare una petizione per avviare il processo di santificazione postuma di Classe R? Era una gran macchina.

Nel pieno della corsa ai mega-SUV, MB ha tirato fuori un'auto versatilissima, molto confortevole e spaziosa.

Ok, non era proprio bellissima (anche se a me non è che dispiacesse più di tanto, dopo il restyling).

/OT

La teoria è quando si conosce il funzionamento di qualcosa ma quel qualcosa non funziona.

La pratica è quando tutto funziona ma non si sa come.

Spesso si finisce con il coniugare la teoria con la pratica: non funziona niente e non si sa il perché.

Link al commento

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.