Vai al contenuto

Messaggi Raccomandati:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/all-electric-aston-martin-rapide-headed-for-production-in-2019-with-new-partner-williams/

All-Electric Aston Martin RapidE Headed for Production in 2019 with New Partner Williams

JUNE 27, 2017 AT 11:03 AM BY BENGT HALVORSON

rapide_01-web

Aston Martin has confirmed that it will start building its all-electric RapidE four-door in 2019. And while that’s a year after this model originally was set to arrive, it’s due to a reboot of the project that’s likely to make for a better car—and one that’s a more effective cheerleader for the idea of performance EVs.

Previously, the RapidE was to be co-developed by Chinese TV, smartphone, and streaming-media giant—and wannabe carmaker—LeEco (which is connected to EV upstart Faraday Future), but financial troubles led to the dissolution of that agreement. Instead, Aston Martin has enlisted the help of Williams Advanced Engineering—the company entrusted with Formula E batteries—so the RapidE is likely to have a battery pack and power-management systems that are up to the task of high-performance driving. With that serious pedigree, the RapidE should be able to sustain its performance capabilities for more than just a few acceleration runs or hot laps. More to the point, Aston says that the RapidE is based on the upcoming Rapide AMR concept—AMR being the brand’s upcoming, track-focused sub-brand.

rapide_03-web

The RapidE, according to company president and CEO Andy Palmer, “represents a sustainable future in which Aston Martin’s values of seductive style and supreme performance don’t merely co-exist alongside a new zero-emission powertrain, but are enhanced by it.” Originally, this car was considered the pet project of Palmer, who took the helm of Aston Martin in 2014 and had been a booster for the performance potential of electric vehicles when he was chief planning officer at Nissan.

Much like the Mission E that Porsche is busy working on, the RapidE is intended to show that going all-electric is a viable alternative in a fast four-door. With the change in development comes a serious rejiggering in the business plan, however. Aston is also setting the stage for collectibility. It will build just 155 examples of the RapidE, costing more than $250,000 each.

It isn’t the only all-electric model in the works from Aston, either, so the company could benefit from keeping more of the expertise in-house; the automaker is also developing an electric version of its upcoming crossover, the DBX, which is due a few years from now.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

43 minuti fa, TurboGimmo dice:

Poco male. Un aborto di tubero in meno.

Sarei curioso di sapere quante ne han vendute

L'unica che ho visto, l'ho vista parcheggiata in piazzale Roma a Venezia... color champagne con targa albionica con 4 ragazzi sui 25 anni che ci salivano.

Un'aborto no dai! Il problema imho è la poca sfruttabilità sia come berlina che come sportiva.

Link al commento

7 minuti fa, lukka1982 dice:

Un'aborto no dai! Il problema imho è la poca sfruttabilità sia come berlina che come sportiva.

E quindi esame fallito.

• Mi Piace 1

Di questi ne vendono a secchiate.

Vedrete.

[scritto in data 18 Luglio 2013 - Riferito a Jeep Cherokee]

Link al commento

6 minuti fa, lukka1982 dice:

Si, però esteticamente non è male, anzi!

Come sportiva nei limiti del tipo di carrozzeria non è per nulla male, anzi in alcuni casi i reviewers ne hanno lodato in comportamento dinamico dato dal passo lungo. I proprietari che conosco la amano molto (12 cilindri aspirato ed interni old fascion inclusi) ma se figlio-dotati

di solito la usano come seconda auto da famiglia, da affiancare ad altre auto più pratiche. Di sicuro meno utilizzabile di una panamera ma altrettanto di sicuro più esclusiva. 

PS - a me la versione AMR nella sua pazzia piace da matti. 

• Mi Piace 3
Link al commento

Secondo me è una buona idea renderla all-electric. Il futuro è quello e darsi da fare da subito porterà esperienza da sfuttare per i futuri modelli. Poi al livello di AM, come brand value, al momento non c'è molto di all-electric

Link al commento

4 ore fa, vince-991 dice:

Secondo me è una buona idea renderla all-electric. Il futuro è quello e darsi da fare da subito porterà esperienza da sfuttare per i futuri modelli. Poi al livello di AM, come brand value, al momento non c'è molto di all-electric

Piu che altro sondano il territorio per una eventuale produzione in serie futura, un po come la Jaguar XE da 600 cavalli che anticipa la futura versione SVR o R 

Link al commento

46 minutes ago, KimKardashian said:

Piu che altro sondano il territorio per una eventuale produzione in serie futura, un po come la Jaguar XE da 600 cavalli che anticipa la futura versione SVR o R 

Se sondano il terreno fanno bene. Potrebbe essere la prima vera  luxury car tutta elettrica. 

Link al commento

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
  • Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.