Vai al contenuto

MultiAIR II quali differenze col MultiAIR I ?

Umbi

Messaggi Raccomandati:

Intake camshaft? You might mean virtual intake camshaft

As I know in US Multiair 2 has been used since 2012, so my car has it.

The main difference, I think, from the driver's point of view, is a lack of engine brake. When you try to brake by the engine the reaction is similar to the gearbox in Neutral.

☏ Z957 ☏

'92 155 1.8 TS 8v Super

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

No, I do not mean virtual. The intake cam lobes are very much real. As for engine braking, the ECU will close the throttle body in cut-off scenarios.

MultiAir 2 has been used on the 2.4L Tigershark on several models, and it's being used on the 2.0L GME on the Giulia and Stelvio.

• Mi Piace 3

FirmaBarcode.gif

Link al commento

Multiair engines have exhaust camshaft only, SOHC, which used also as a pump for Multiair oil system.

Intake valves are controlled by electro-hydraulic system, there is no intake camshaft.

1.4 Turbo Multiair 2 also exist, as I was told by Magneti Marelli Elaborazione technitian to use Multiair 2 set up for programming of tuning box.

This setup has been presented since 2012.

☏ Z957 ☏

'92 155 1.8 TS 8v Super

Link al commento

I never said intake camshaft. I said intake cam lobes. Which are on the same camshaft as the exhaust cam lobes. It's not just a pump, they are proper Intake cam lobes, which define the maximum timing and lift for the valves. In "full lift" mode, the valves follow exactly the intake cam lobe profile, as if the MultiAir system wasn't even there.

P.S. there are DOHC MultiAir engines as well. Just not from FCA.

Modificato da MacGeek

FirmaBarcode.gif

Link al commento

11 minuti fa, Bare dice:

JLR Ingenium...

Seems it is an Uniar system, one of the first versions of hydro systems that fiat tested in early 00s, almost 20 years behind of current Multiair 2

Modificato da max_pershin

'92 155 1.8 TS 8v Super

Link al commento