Vai al contenuto

Scelte strategiche JLR Group

Messaggi Raccomandati:

E niente, se ne va anche l’attuale capo del design di Jaguar e sostituto di Callum, Julian Thomson.

Lascerà il posto a fine mese, con direzione ancora sconosciuta, o quasi.

Cito da Autocar

The reasons for the departure are unclear, but a Jaguar statement said he will explore other exciting opportunities outside of Jaguar Land Rover. Reports online suggest that he could be headed to India to work for nascent EV maker Ola Electric.

Thomson has been at Jaguar for more than 21 years, following 12 years at Lotus - where he penned the original Elise - and a brief spell in Germany for Volkswagen working on production and concept vehicles.

During a two-year stint as advanced design director at Land Rover, he was involved in the design of the radical LRX concept, which would go on to become one of the company's most important models: the Range Rover Evoque.

He was also a member of the team that created the final designs for Jaguar models including the XE, XF and F-Type, and he was appointed design director in 2019 when predecessor Ian Callum departed to pursue other avenues. 

Upon hearing the news, Callum tweeted: "So sad and disappointed to see Julian Thomson leave Jaguar Design. Especially at a time when Jaguar needs directors of such a high calibre, leadership skills and talent. I wish Julian the very best for whatever he does next. He will be sorely missed."

JLR CEO Thierry Bolloré said: “Julian has always endeavoured to be a champion of creativity, diversity and building a fair and positive work culture. I would like to thank Julian for his great work, leadership, dedication and significant contribution and wish him every success in the future.”

12/17 Mercedes-Benz A180d Premium (W176 FL) ♥️ 

05/21 Mercedes-Benz C200 Coupé EQ-Boost Premium (C205 FL) 🔥

🌈 Fai parte della comunità  LGBT+ o vorresti supportarci? 
Iscriviti alla nostra pagina su Instagram: 
@motorpride_it 🌈

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

il problema é sempre il solito, vorrebbero fare i grandi numeri con qualcosa che nasceva come essenzialmente sportivo/lusso...

situazione simile a quello che é avvenuto in italia con un marchio che inizia per... ALFA e finisce con ROMEO...

• Mi Piace 1
Link al commento

10 minuti fa, shadow_line scrive:

il problema é sempre il solito, vorrebbero fare i grandi numeri con qualcosa che nasceva come essenzialmente sportivo/lusso...

...ma adesso con la nuova gamma elettrica sembra che pensano in modo contrario - come target per il futuro sara piu Porsche e Bentley, non piu Mercedes e BMW e con questa svolta naturalmente diminuiscono anche i volumi produttivi.

• Mi Piace 1
Link al commento

11 minuti fa, 4200blu scrive:

...ma adesso con la nuova gamma elettrica sembra che pensano in modo contrario - come target per il futuro sara piu Porsche e Bentley, non piu Mercedes e BMW e con questa svolta naturalmente diminuiscono anche i volumi produttivi.

Auguri per questo programma!

Per quanto riguarda i volumi, beh credo ci siano già arrivati a quei livelli.

Ma alla fine si sa su che piattaforma svilupperanno questa gamma EV?

Link al commento

28 minuti fa, 4200blu scrive:

speriamo!

Link al commento

7 ore fa, 4200blu scrive:

Loro almeno hanno capito...

Link al commento

1 ora fa, Gil scrive:

Io credo che il discorso sia simile per tutti i produttori, con quelli più deboli che soffrono prima, ma poi verrà il turno degli altri.

tutti dicono , sanno , pensano che fra dieci anni o anche prima sarà tutto elettrico, quindi tutti credono che il non elettrico finirà altrettanto presto

tuttavia è ormai chiaro che tutto elettrico non sarà sostenibile , a meno di innovazioni sostanziali, e venderà ipoteticamente una frazione del venduto oggi

stallo vero .

in effetti sono nel caos, per me la produzione auto arriverà a dimezzarsi rispetto agli anni migliori

Link al commento

• 1 mese fa...

Jaguar EVs to be priced at Bentley, Porsche levels

JLR CEO says brand's new electric range will start at $140,000

LONDON -- Jaguar's new electric-only range of cars will start at about 100,000 pounds ($140,000), Jaguar Land Rover CEO Thierry Bollore told a British publication.

Jaguar Land Rover has been indicating that Jaguar will push further upmarket since the company announced its Reimagine turnaround plan in February, which includes the Jaguar brand dropping combustion engine cars starting in 2025.

This is the first clear indication the automaker has given on price of Jaguar's new all-electric range, which will start to roll out in 2025. The cars will embody "modern luxury," Jaguar says.

"Luxury starts not far from 100,000 pounds," Bollore told Auto Express magazine in an interview.

JLR confirmed Bollore's comments to Automotive News Europe.

Pitching its new cars at around 100,000 pounds would put Jaguar against rivals such as Bentley and Porsche, far above its current competition of BMW and Audi.

Bollore told Auto Express that the designs for the range of new electric Jaguars had been signed off. 

He gave no further details of the cars. The magazine said the range will comprise of two crossovers and one sporty two-door model without giving a source for its information.

Bollore has said JLR will look outside the company for an electric platform suitable for Jaguar.

Jaguar will emulate the "unique" positioning of Range Rover to position its new models in the market, Bollore said in a separate interview with the UK's Autocar magazine.

"Look at Range Rover," Bollore told the magazine. "It's satisfactory on price and profit levels, and we haven't yet reached the ceiling. The price is extraordinary, and we have the volumes."

Bollore said that the Jaguar I-Pace full-electric crossover would be the brand's only current car to continue after 2025, but that it would be positioned differently to the new models.

Becoming 'original'

Bollore said it has been damaging to the Jaguar brand to try to compete with German premium brands BMW and Audi. 

"Customers, they see the car, like the car and test the car, and they still go and buy an Audi or a BMW," Bollore said. "That's the problem. People buy the originals. We are not the originals. We have to get the positioning of Jaguar much different, higher and more original."

JLR head of design Gerry McGovern has previously spoken about the need to get Jaguar back to when it was "a copy of nothing," referencing the 1960s E-type sports car as an example. 

Bollore, a former CEO of Renault and Carlos Ghosn's right-hand man, has dramatically changed the course of JLR since taking over from Ralf Speth last September. The company has said it no longer wants to chase Audi, BMW and Mercedes and has abandoned its goal of reaching 1 million sales annually. 

Bollore wrote off 1 billion pounds of investment into the planned Modular Longitudinal Architecture electrified platform that had been designed to underpin the bulk of future Land Rover and Jaguar models.

Cars on the so-called "MLA low" and "MLA mid" architectures were canceled, including the long-heralded electric Jaguar XJ sedan, a lower-riding electric Land Rover called Road Rover by the UK motoring press and the Jaguar J-Pace SUV.

(ANE)

• Mi Piace 1
Link al commento