Vai al contenuto
Messaggio aggiunto da __P

243D807C-A4B4-46C4-9426-DE2DBEB0B68F.jpeg.dfd9b0d68412b00896297b5ead964a19.jpeg

Aggiornato il primo messaggio con press release ed immagini ufficiali ➡️ CLICCA QUI!

Messaggi Raccomandati:

• 1 mese fa...

Qualche live

51488150-72E0-4AA5-A6DA-703DE5EDEB55.jpeg

80BF9BE5-1D9C-4F59-9E66-E73BFBFA032D.jpeg

6678361F-B90E-4308-BFC4-78E4FEA0FEE7.jpeg

0EFE9091-2A80-47F1-85EE-5CCB4B6F17E9.jpeg

65F192CC-478C-4A1A-9C15-0135C2ECF733.jpeg

E8FBDEBB-C86A-4E03-A5F3-F5C4A75D96E8.jpeg

12/17 Mercedes-Benz A180d Premium (W176 FL) ♥️ 

05/21 Mercedes-Benz C200 Coupé EQ-Boost Premium (C205 FL) 🔥

🌈 Fai parte della comunità  LGBT+ o vorresti supportarci? 
Iscriviti alla nostra pagina su Instagram: 
@motorpride_it 🌈

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• 3 settimane fa...

Versioni a benzina stroncate senza possibilità di appello da Autocar: "It has the worst ride-and-handling combination I’ve experienced this year, and I’ve driven the Mini JCW GP."

Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK review

Citroën’s all-new family hatchback is significantly cheaper in traditional ICE form, but is it better?

Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - hero front
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - hero sideCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - hero rear
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - alloy wheelsCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - rear end
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - rear badgeCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - rear lights
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - cabinCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - dashboard
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - infotainmentCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - climate controls
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - centre consoleCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - interior trim
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - on the road frontCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - static
Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - hero frontCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - hero side
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - hero rearCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - alloy wheels
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - rear endCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - rear badge
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - rear lightsCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - cabin
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - dashboardCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - infotainment
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - climate controlsCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - interior trim
  • Citroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - on the road frontCitroen C4 Puretech 2021 UK (LHD) first drive review - static

What is it?

This is the new Citroën C4 with a traditional powertrain, and it’s one that the PSA Group uses a lot.

I remember being in a design studio being told how Citroen was going to give its cars and SUV-like look but without the traditional drawbacks of an SUV or 4x4 that lead to inefficiency. It had decided it would try to add some rough looks without the big frontal area or tall ride height and this is that plan in action.

Quite an interesting-loooking car, no? At 1520mm high it's 25mm or so taller than a Ford Focus and here runs on tall 60-profile tyres, quite balloonish by most standards. Body cladding adds to the effect too. Its roof is a little lower than a Toyota C-HR, itself barely a crossover. 

This one is powered by a 128bhp (badged 130) 1.2-litre three-cylinder turbo petrol engine driving through an eight-speed automatic gearbox. So if you’re not able to take the EV plunge yet, maybe this is the one for you.

3-citroen-c4-2021-uk-first-drive-review-

What's it like?

Or maybe it isn't. Sometimes engineers in the business talk about the 50-metre test: how a car feels in those first few seconds. This doesn’t even wait that long to feel genuinely poor.

The pedals are non-linearly responsive and the steering is impossibly light and indirect. It feels like somebody has taped big car-washing sponges to the soles of your feet and the palms of your hands and then challenged you to drive a car. It’s like it has never spent any time at all in the company of a ride-and-handling engineer. I don’t think this is how you do rolling comfort. Yes, there’s reasonable isolation, but I found its responses exhausting.

At least the engine and gearbox are quiet and smooth in operation. The gearbox is sometimes hesitant to downshift, but you can take control via wheel-mounted paddles if you like. What’s surprising, given how an electric motor makes peak torque from no revs and a petrol engine (even a turbo one) doesn’t, is how much more torque steer this C4 has than the ë-C4, too, and it also tramlines more under braking.

The rest of the package is as pleasant as the ë-C4. It's a spacious cabin, interestingly designed with particularly cool instruments and, praise be, heating and ventilation controls given their own actual buttons rather than being hidden within the touchscreen menu.

And, as is often the way with Citroëns, you will the find pricing, equipment and offers pretty strong (prices go from £22,990 to £26,320 for this range-topping Shine Plus).

6-citroen-c4-2021-uk-first-drive-review-

Should I buy one?

I don't think so. Which is a shame because this is, to my eyes, an interesting-looking car with a relatively appealing interior.

But it's a good deal worse to drive than the ë-C4 – the first time, in my recollection, that the electric version of a car is notably better to drive than the ICE one where both are available. It has the worst ride-and-handling combination I’ve experienced this year, and I’ve driven the Mini JCW GP.

• Mi Piace 1
  • Ahah! 5

La teoria è quando si conosce il funzionamento di qualcosa ma quel qualcosa non funziona.

La pratica è quando tutto funziona ma non si sa come.

Spesso si finisce con il coniugare la teoria con la pratica: non funziona niente e non si sa il perché.

Link al commento

29 minuti fa, superkappa125 scrive:

Versioni a benzina stroncate senza possibilità di appello da Autocar: "It has the worst ride-and-handling combination I’ve experienced this year, and I’ve driven the Mini JCW GP."

Questa parte mi ha fatto morire, seriamente. 🤣

• Ahah! 5

12/17 Mercedes-Benz A180d Premium (W176 FL) ♥️ 

05/21 Mercedes-Benz C200 Coupé EQ-Boost Premium (C205 FL) 🔥

🌈 Fai parte della comunità  LGBT+ o vorresti supportarci? 
Iscriviti alla nostra pagina su Instagram: 
@motorpride_it 🌈

Link al commento