Vai al contenuto

Cole_90

Messaggi Raccomandati:

La prima elettrica di RR sarà una coupé e dovrebbe arrivare nel 2024. Parola a @Beckervdo per qualche info in più

Rolls-Royce-Spectre-Teaser-1.jpg

Rolls-Royce-Spectre-Teaser-2.jpg

Rolls-Royce-Spectre-Teaser-3.jpg

Rolls-Royce-Spectre-Teaser-4.jpg

Rolls-Royce-Spectre-teaser-5.jpg

Press Release:

• CEO, Torsten Müller-Ötvös, announces Rolls-Royce's first fully electric car
  • Finished product will come to market in Q4 2023
  • New product named ‘Spectre’
  • Electric Rolls-Royce fulfils the 1900 prophecy of the marque’s founder, Charles Rolls
  • A promise kept by CEO, who pledged to bring an electric car to market this decade
  • Global testing will cover 2.5 million kilometres – a simulation of 400 years of use
  • By 2030 all Rolls-Royce products will be fully electric
  • Spectre underpinned by Rolls-Royce’s own spaceframe architecture

In an historic announcement, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars announced today, that on-road testing of its first fully electric motor car is imminent. In announcing this seminal moment for the marque, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Chief Executive Officer, Torsten Müller-Ötvös, said:

“Today is the most significant day in the history of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars since 4th May, 1904. On that date, our founding fathers, Charles Rolls and Sir Henry Royce, first met and agreed that they were going to create ‘the best motor car in the world’. 

“Using the most advanced technology available to them at the time and by applying their remarkable engineering minds, these two pioneers elevated early internal combustion engine cars, from noisy, uncomfortable and rudimentary means of transportation, by setting a completely new benchmark of distinction. 

“The cars they created, introduced to the world a true luxury experience and secured for Rolls-Royce the ultimate pinnacle position that it continues to occupy, unchallenged, to this day.  The marque has continued to define the very best in internal combustion motoring for more than a century.

“Today, 117 years later, I am proud to announce that Rolls-Royce is to begin the on-road testing programme for an extraordinary new product that will elevate the global all-electric car revolution and create the first – and finest – super-luxury product of its type. This is not a prototype. It’s the real thing, it will be tested in plain sight and our clients will take first deliveries of the car in the fourth quarter of 2023.”

A PROPHECY FULFILLED

“The use of electric motors is not a new concept for Rolls-Royce. Sir Henry Royce was fascinated by all things electrified, and his first venture, named F. H. Royce and Company, created dynamos, electric crane motors and patented the bayonet-style light bulb fitting.

“However, it was Charles Rolls who truly prophesied an electrified future for automobiles. In April 1900 he experienced an early electric motor car named the Columbia and declared its electric drive to be ideal.

“Rolls said, ‘The electric car is perfectly noiseless and clean. There is no smell or vibration, and they should become very useful when fixed charging stations can be arranged. But for now, I do not anticipate that they will be very serviceable – at least for many years to come.’

“Charles Rolls’ prophecy has been the subject of constant consideration during the marque’s Goodwood era. But we have not been satisfied that available technology could support the Rolls-Royce experience. Until now.

“Now is the time to change the course of the future of luxury.

“We embark on this bold new future with a huge advantage. Electric drive is uniquely and perfectly suited to Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, more so than any other automotive brand. It is silent, refined and creates torque almost instantly, going on to generate tremendous power.  This is what we at Rolls-Royce call ‘waftability’.

“At Rolls-Royce, we have been experimenting with an electric powertrain for some time. In 2011 we revealed 102EX, a fully operational all-electric Phantom. We followed this in 2016 with our fully electric 103EX, which represented our vision for the marque several decades into the future.”

A PROMISE KEPT

“These extraordinary products prompted a huge amount of interest in electric powertrain technology amongst our clients. They considered it as the perfect fit for Rolls-Royce. And, over the past decade, I have been repeatedly asked, ‘When will Rolls-Royce go electric?’ and ‘When will you produce your first electric car?’

“I answered with an unambiguous promise: ‘Rolls-Royce will go electric, starting this decade.’ Today, I’m keeping my word.”

A REMARKABLE UNDERTAKING

“Charles Rolls’ prophecy and my promise have led us to a seminal moment for the marque. Rolls-Royce has embarked on an historic and unique undertaking, which today becomes a reality. Our designers and engineers have worked relentlessly to bring us here: we are now ready to commence road-testing of the first all-electric Rolls-Royce in history.

“This fundamental change in our powertrain technology requires that we challenge every single aspect of the product before we offer it to the most discerning and demanding individuals in the world – our Rolls-Royce clients.

“To do this, we have conceived the most demanding testing programme in Rolls-Royce’s history. We will cover 2.5 million kilometres – a simulation of more than 400 years of use for a Rolls-Royce, on average – and we will travel to all four corners of the world to push this new motor car to the limit. 

“You will see these test cars on roads, around the world. Look out for them – they will be in plain sight. They will be tested in all conditions and over all terrains on their multi-million-mile journey – that will literally accelerate Rolls-Royce into the future.” 

TRULY FLEXIBLE ARCHITECTURE OF OUR OWN

“In 2017, we debuted Phantom, and with it the marque’s proprietary aluminium architecture: a scalable and flexible spaceframe that would underpin all forthcoming Rolls-Royce motor cars. This unique technology – developed for Rolls-Royce by Rolls-Royce and reserved for the marque’s exclusive use – was created to form the foundation of not just different internal combustion engine models, as it now does with Cullinan and Ghost, but models with completely different powertrains.

“To this end, our forthcoming electric car benefits from the Rolls-Royce architecture and therefore the extraordinary experience of a Rolls-Royce on the road. Free of any group platform sharing strategy, we were able to integrate our plans for an electric powertrain into the architecture’s initial design and ensure that this extraordinary new product meets the extremely high expectations of our clients.”

A NEW NAME: A NEW LEGACY

“This Rolls-Royce is the fulfilment of a prophecy and it represents a promise kept as we embark upon a unique undertaking. It is the beginning of a new legacy for our brand. In that spirit, we have decided on a completely new name for this car. A name that is as powerful and evocative as the nameplates that have served us so perfectly for the past century – names like Phantom, Ghost and Wraith. It’s a name that perfectly fits the ethereal and other-worldly environment within which our products exist – a name that we have reserved especially for this moment: Spectre.

“Spectre is a name given to otherworldly beings synonymous with great power and apparition; creatures of an alternative realm that make their presence felt through fleeting manifestation. A spectre forces the world to pause. It dominates the space it occupies. Then, as quickly as it appears, it dissipates, leaving a wake of exhilaration, energy, and intrigue.

“This name perfectly matches the extraordinary Rolls-Royce that we are announcing today – a motor car that makes its presence felt before disappearing into a world inaccessible to all but the very few. As a quintessentially British brand, we have selected the British spelling, however the meaning is universal.

AN EXTRAORDINARY FUTURE

“With this new product we set out our credentials for the full electrification of our entire product portfolio by 2030. By then, Rolls-Royce will no longer be in the business of producing or selling any internal combustion engine products.

“Spectre is the living fulfilment of Charles Rolls’ Prophecy. My Promise, made on behalf of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, is kept. Now we begin a remarkable undertaking. I am proud that we will continue to propel the world’s most progressive and influential women and men into a brilliant, electrified future.”

Rolls-Royce

Modificato da Cole_90
  • Ahah! 1

12/17 Mercedes-Benz A180d Premium (W176 FL) ♥️ 

05/21 Mercedes-Benz C200 Coupé EQ-Boost Premium (C205 FL) 🔥

🌈 Fai parte della comunità  LGBT+ o vorresti supportarci? 
Iscriviti alla nostra pagina su Instagram: 
@motorpride_it 🌈

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

4 minuti fa, libbio scrive:

l'elettrico puro su questi "elefanti" non serve praticamente a nulla e crea ancora più danni dei motori termici. Maledette mode dove tutto è in funzione del "fa figo" e nulla è in funzione della reale sostenibilità. 

Per me, è esattamente il contrario. 

I V12 sono sprecati per queste auto, perché al di la del prestigio, sono praticamente risorse sprecate perché i V12 sono quei motori che devono rombare e spingere, non essere silenziosi e bilanciatissimi (esempio della moneta sul carter motore). 

Per carità, la moneta dritta sul coperchio è affascinante ma essendo che queste auto sono prestigiose per le dotazioni che offrono, il fatto che sia elettrica è solo un vantaggio per chi produce. 

Alla fine, che sia elettrica o meno non cambia nulla. È lo stesso ragionamento di una supercar ICE: fanno così pochi numeri che all'ambiente nulla importa di quanta CO2 emettono, ma se proprio bisogna razionalizzare le motorizzazioni, tanto vale usare i V12 al più sulla Serie 7. 

Il presidente di BMW (o l'A.D), ha dichiarato di non voler investire totalmente sull'elettrico, e il fatto che in Rolls abbiano deciso ciò, è una conseguenza del fatto che i V12 sono sacrificabili per queste auto. 

Link al commento

purtroppo quello che sta succedendo va ben oltre quello che pensassi. E' talmente veloce il cambiamento che onestamente, mi sta lasciando perplesso. Ora che pure la fascia luxury si sta buttando a capocollo sull'elettrico, direi che verosimilmente nel 2030 avremo una discreta difficoltà a reperire auto ICE, e cosa non trascurabile, a reperire magari qualche distributore di benzina che via via saranno convertiti a recharge station.

Tuttavia, di Greta Thumberg a me frega fin lì.....e anzi sto cercando due/tre youngtimers a basso costo (magari v8) da mettermi in garage. Pagherò una sovrattassa poiché userò il succo di dinosauri? pazienza, almeno finché si potrà io la mattina accenderò un motore, magari prenderò anche un'elettrica, ma una ice ci sarà sempre nel mio garage.

2 minuti fa, ItalianBrands scrive:

Il presidente di BMW (o l'A.D), ha dichiarato di non voler investire totalmente sull'elettrico, e il fatto che in Rolls abbiano deciso ciò, è una conseguenza del fatto che i V12 sono sacrificabili per queste auto. 

vero, ma il v8 ed il v12 su questa categoria di auto sono stati (finora) una componente importante. Poi che RR diventi full electric ci può stare, sono auto da passeggio in fin dei conti.....sono molto più triste dello swap all'elettrico di Alfa Romeo.

• Mi Piace 2

in garage: MY22 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive G80 + MY22 Jaguar F-Pace SVR

Link al commento

5 minuti fa, VuOtto scrive:

vero, ma il v8 ed il v12 su questa categoria di auto sono stati (finora) una componente importante. Poi che RR diventi full electric ci può stare, sono auto da passeggio in fin dei conti.....sono molto più triste dello swap all'elettrico di Alfa Romeo.

Eh, a chi lo dici per l'Alfa, ma se serve a rinnovare velocemente l'immagine del marchio... 

Guarda, qualche settimana fa ho letto le dichiarazioni (contrastanti) dei capi Mercedes e Mercedes AMG. Se il primo virava per l'elettrico puro, il secondo era molto più cauto, affermando che i clienti vogliono ancora i V8. Dell'L4 ibrido, non ricordo se ne hanno parlato esplicitamente, ma la gente vuole ancora i motori termici per quella categoria, clientela diversa da quella Rolls Royce. 

• Mi Piace 1
Link al commento

Esteticamente sembra interessante, sotto quella pellicola, ma....

... arriva in ritardo di qualche anno questa RR "SPECTRE"...

... dato che già da ieri è uscito "NO TIME TO DIE"...

:-D 

____

e comunque, la vera notizia è che, per passare all'elettrico, ora anche RR dovrà iniziare a disegnare auto un po' più filanti e aerodinamiche :-D 

• Ahah! 4

Link al commento

1 ora fa, __P scrive:

Ma non è una Wraith wrappata? 🤔

Anche a me sembra Wraithppata 🤡

• Ahah! 3

12/17 Mercedes-Benz A180d Premium (W176 FL) ♥️ 

05/21 Mercedes-Benz C200 Coupé EQ-Boost Premium (C205 FL) 🔥

🌈 Fai parte della comunità  LGBT+ o vorresti supportarci? 
Iscriviti alla nostra pagina su Instagram: 
@motorpride_it 🌈

Link al commento

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.