83 voti

1. 1. Quanto ti piace l'Alfa Romeo Giulia SWB Zagato 2022 [One-Off]

• Molto
    • Abbastanza
    • Poco
    • Per nulla

Messaggi Raccomandati:

5 hours ago, Nocte favente said:

I remember that initial sketches were made by Opron (like this one),  then refined by Castellana, who penned also the interior.

szopron2.jpg

By Antonio Castellana

7/ Timing, dates, roles and dynamics in the design and genesis of the es30.

The es30 is the last Alfa Romeo. It officially represents the passage of the brand under the control of Fiat. An event already announced, and for this very reason even more dramatic for the milanese car manufacturer. I was a seventh level employee of Fiat and I worked for the "Innovative Design and Research" dept. In a room next to that of the head of the Style Center, Maioli, with whom I had agreed on the name of a new sector that... did not exist because, as a mere seventh level, I couldn't be in charge of it. It was he who gave me the task to create a design proposal in competition with the project of the Zagato brothers and with that of De Silva, a stylist I had previously met at the I.DE.A. institute, and who later moved to Alfa on mandate of Ghidella. I was the team. But, in the meantime, the executive Opron had been called upon to fill the vacancy of manager at the "Innovative Design and Research" dept.. I had only six months to get the engineered prototype, ready for production. The first chassis I worked on was the GTV one. I drew the first shape plan on June 15, 1987 and the pencil renderings with the perspective views on June 18, 1987. Maioli showed everything to Gianni Agnelli who said he was enthusiastic. A change of chassis was decided: that of the 75 was chosen, a sedan. A new form plan and, from that moment on, it was a hellish nightmare, a fight to the death, travelling between Turin, Milan, Piacenza and Terrazzano di Rho without a break. It is the story of the disappearance of a car manufacturer of great historical importance, and I found myself right in the middle of it.

• Mi Piace 2
  • Grazie! 1

'92 155 1.8 TS 8v Super

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Io alla fine non me la sento di bocciarla, mi pare che nella sua tozzaggine abbia anche tanto carattere ed appeal.

Mi piacerebbe vederla dal vivo per poterla "leggere" più approfonditamente.

• Mi Piace 1

La teoria è quando si conosce il funzionamento di qualcosa ma quel qualcosa non funziona.

La pratica è quando tutto funziona ma non si sa come.

Spesso si finisce con il coniugare la teoria con la pratica: non funziona niente e non si sa il perché.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• 5 settimane fa...
  • 2 mesi fa...