Vai al contenuto

Tata e Fiat vorrebbero Jaguar.. e Jaguar toglierà il nome del marchio dalle auto

Messaggi Raccomandati:

Tata vorrebbe prendere Jaguar

Tata Motors, the automobile company that is part of a vast family-owned Indian conglomerate, is clearly interested is taking over the Ford's famous English patients, Jaguar and Land Rover.

Tata chairman Ratan Tata said Jaguar and Land Rover could help expand Tata Motors unit's footprint around the world. It also could reduce Tata's dependence on the Indian market, which now accounts for more than 90 percent of Tata's automotive sales.

"We certainly have an interest in that,'' Tata told the CNN-IBN television channel in an interview, excerpts of which were broadcast Friday. "It is to give ourselves scale, to give ourselves global reach,'' Tata said, declining to comment further.

Ford, which lost $12.7 billion in 2006, has been looking to sell its Jaguar and Land Rover units and the deal is now expected to close either late this year or early in 2008, Alan Mulally, Ford's chief executive indicated last week.

At least three private equity groups-Cerberus Capital Management LLC, Ripplewood LLC and One Equity Partners LLC, which is linked to JPMorgan Chase & Co.-also have expressed an interest in the automotive icons. While both brands have enormous appeal, Ford has lavished billions on both but has seen virtually no return on its investment.

Nick Scheele, who served as Ford's president between 2001 and 2005, has reportedly joined New York-based Ripplewood Holdings LLC to bid for the luxury brands.

Jacques Nasser, who was Ford's chief executive from 1999 to 2001, has tied up with One Equity Partners.

The recent upheaval in global financial markets, however, may have given Tata the edge in the upcoming bidding wars for two English brands. Private equity groups are facing difficulties in raising the capital needed to complete deals. Cerberus' bid for Chrysler almost came apart at the last minute because of the turmoil.

Also, the Blackstone Group lost a chance to take over SiemensVDO earlier this month. Blackstone/TRW was prepared to pay more for Continental AG, which walked off with Siemens in a deal valued at more than $15 billion but couldn't arrange the necessary financing at a critical moment, according to one story circulating the automotive business. Thus, Continental won the bidding war for Siemens even though it bid less than Blackstone/TRW and now has an excellent chance of developing into one of the world's top suppliers of high-tech components to the world's automakers.

The Tata Group doesn't appear to face the same kind of financing challenges. Tata, while it has excellent ties to India's banking establishment, maintains a broad set of interests in several industries ranging from automobiles to steel and software in India's rapidly expanding automotive market.

Tata Steel also has put up $12 billion to acquire Britain-based Corus Steel. When it's finished, the acquisition of Corus could make Tata the world's fifth largest steel maker according to some accounts.

Tata officials had previously refused to comment on media speculation about a possible bid for the Ford assets.

... Via "Jaguar" dalle auto..

The word "Jaguar" will start to be ditched from the back of production cars within two or three years, the firm's design boss has confirmed.

Speaking in late June as he showed off the XF at a secret media briefing in London, Ian Callum confirmed the famous name is going. It's still on the trunk lip of the XF - to be unveiled at next month's Frankfurt Motor Show - but with it is a flattened version of Jaguar's iconic big cat "leaper."

"Eventually we will take the name off and just leave the leaper," said Callum. "When people see the XF they won't know what it is, so they will look for a name badge. That's why we've left it on, but put the leaper there as well, The name will go probably on production cars within two or three years."

Callum's comments have been under an embargo until today.

As well as the rear of car - due to replace the S-Type early next year - Callum spent time explaining the front end. "We went through 30-odd models and part of that was to look for a new face. We went through one new look with our show cars, such as the RD6, and because of that we were happy to let it go."

Callum said the objective on the XF's grille was to create something that Sir William Lyons could have penned, moving on from the XJ6 in 1968.

"That car was the first one to have the front grille as an air intake and we wanted to evolve that," said the designer.

Callum explained how on some of the early XF sketches he had started off with four headlamp roundels - as on the current S-Type - but felt it wasn't taking the design forward. After various revisions the same feature is still there, but inside a more modern shaped light cluster.

And Callum confirmed the nose of the XF wasn't a one-off. "It's styling that you'll see on Jaguars more and more," he added.

TCC

Due notizie non proprio entusiasmanti.. soprattutto la prima...

Ma Callum che acidi aveva calato ?

News al 02/12/2015: Mazda 2.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• Risposte 263
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

Guest Riccardo

IMHO l'annuncio della scomparsa del nome e' un po travisata.

Callum e' certo che la gente riconoscera le nuove Jaguar come tali ben presto anche con il nuovo corso stilistico.

Non vedo il problema di togliere il nome (mica viene sostituito da altro) e sostituirlo con il glorioso leaper (che per altro per motivi di sicurezza ormai non e piu montato sul cofano)

Io trovo il leaper sul retro molto bello ed onestamente mi sarebbe piaciuta molto anche senza la scritta ma con il leaper da solo!!!

Link al commento

Non vedo il problema di togliere il nome (mica viene sostituito da altro) e sostituirlo con il glorioso leaper (che per altro per motivi di sicurezza ormai non e piu montato sul cofano)

Questo avviene per il mercato europeo. Negli USA invece, paradossalmente le normative devono essere meno restrittive in quanto sulle vetture destinate a quei mercati il "gattone" sul cofano c'è tuttora. Per lo meno sulle X-Type e S-Type, sull'ultima versione dell'XJ invece sembra non essere più presente.

--------------------------

Link al commento

Guest Riccardo
Questo avviene per il mercato europeo. Negli USA invece, paradossalmente le normative devono essere meno restrittive in quanto sulle vetture destinate a quei mercati il "gattone" sul cofano c'è tuttora. Per lo meno sulle X-Type e S-Type, sull'ultima versione dell'XJ invece sembra non essere più presente.

Vero ricordo di averne viste diverse.

A me comunque messo dietro come sulla XF piace veramente moltissimo!!!

Link al commento

da IlSole24Ore:

La Tata insieme alla Fiat sarebbe interessata all'acquisto di Land Rover e Jaguar, i due marchi di Ford in vendita. L'azienda indiana avrebbe fatto un'offerta per 1,5 miliardi. E nell'accordo ci sarebbe, anche se in quota minoritaria, il gruppo torinese. L'indiscrezione è stata pubblicata da diversi siti specializzat secondo cui, a trarre i maggiori benefici dall'operazione sarebbe Maserati, che potrebbe stringere accordi strategici con Jaguar e trovare sinergie con i fuoristrada di Land Rover nel caso decida di sviluppare un Suv. Gli analisti considerano inoltre l'operazione «positiva» per Fiat perchè permetterebbe al gruppo guidato da Sergio Marchionne di riposizionarsi sui veicoli di alta gamma.

E proprio oggi sono arrivati i numeri record del gruppo indiano. Il giro di affari di Tata secondo trimestre del 2007 è aumentato del 442%superando i 311 milioni di rupie. L'utile operativo è aumentato del 186% raggiungendo i 49 milioni di rupie mentre l'utile prima delle tasse ha toccato i 31 milioni con un miglioramento del 111%.

Nei giorni scorsi Ratan Tata, numero uno della compagnia, aveva confermato di voler comprare i due marchi in un'intervista alla Cnn-Ibn. I due produttori di automobili britannici, acquisiti da Ford rispettivamente nel 1989 per 2,5 miliardi di dollari e nel 2000 per 2,75 miliardi sono stati messi sul mercato dalla casa di Detroit nell'ambito di un processo di ristrutturazione.

Chiedete al rospo che cosa sia la bellezza e vi risponderà che è la femmina del rospo.

Link al commento

Ottimo se lasciano a jaguar-land un minimo di libertà nella gestione e progettazione, mi ha sempre affascinato che finalmente (anche se in minoranza) una azienda auto italiana compri una straniera....come del resto l'ipotesi inversa ma non per una casa di nicchia (lambo) per le nostre 2 near-premium

Senza cuore saremmo solo macchine.......

Link al commento