Vai al contenuto

[FCA] Sergio Marchionne - Riflessioni sulla necessita di aggregazioni nel settore

Messaggi Raccomandati:

52 minuti fa, RVC dice:

Ni, da quel che ho letto un bel paio di puttanate (balle dette sapendo di mentire, o per ignoranza) le ha scritte.

Non è ignorante, è uno di quelli che usa la sua preparazione in materia per arrivare alla tesi che si prefigge.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

2 ore fa, spiderland dice:

Vi riporto un'interessante articolo/lettera trovato su dagospia...

Fino ad un certo punto ho letto cercando di capire se c'era qualche traccia di verità interessante...

Ad un certo punto è caduto fragorosamente il palco... fake....

• Mi Piace 1

Fiat 127 - 903 ab | Fiat Regata 100 S i.e. | Daewoo Nubira SW 1600 SX-Fiat Panda Young 750 ab ('89) | Fiat Punto Easy 1.2 Nero Tenore

Camper Adria Coral 655 Sp su Ducato Maxi 2.8 jtd 127cv

Link al commento

36 minuti fa, nubironaSW dice:

Fino ad un certo punto ho letto cercando di capire se c'era qualche traccia di verità interessante...

il tono è particolarmente astioso, ma comunque  imho, l'articolo ha qualche chiave di lettura interessante... 

Modificato da spiderland
image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3529&dateline=1225268901
Link al commento

Non ci ho trovato niente di nuovo. Incluse le cattiverie, intendo. E' tutta roba già sentita e risentita più volte, che fosse dall'incazzato cronico o dall'insider della finanza.

• Mi Piace 2

There's no replacement for displacement.

5967677fbce20_autohabenbahnfahren.jpg.4606d45af194e6808929d7c2a9023828.jpg

Anche tu ti ecciti palpeggiando pezzi di plastica? Perché stare qui a discutere con chi non ti può capire? Esprimi la tua vera passione passando a questo sito!

Link al commento

• 1 mese fa...

Attacco:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160424/OEM02/160429920/what-fca-employees-need-to-hear-from-their-leaders

LARRY P. VELLEQUETTE

What FCA employees need to hear from their leaders

In a letter to investors this month, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Chairman John Elkann turned to a quote from 13th century Persian poet Rumi to describe the path FCA is on:

“Yesterday, I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”

But how wise is that path if it leaves your employees twisting in the wind?

Indeed, a year after FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne’s “Confessions of a Capital Junkie” laid open the ridiculous way the auto industry burns cash, the loudest response has been from FCA itself.

Spurned last year by General Motors, Marchionne and Elkann are still seeking a marriage partner -- most recently citing Ford, Volkswagen and Toyota as potential mates.

FCA’s first-quarter earnings this week might be up or they might be down, but it really doesn’t matter much in the long run because the year-long obsession with a merger is taking a toll within FCA in ways that don’t show up on a balance sheet.

Over the last year, I’ve spoken with scores of current and recently departed FCA employees who have expressed deep concern over their boss’s crusade to merge FCA with another automaker.

They understand, fundamentally, that any merger that promises “annual savings close to $10 billion,” as Elkann noted this month, is likely to mean a significant chunk of that savings will come from jobs lost in a consolidation.

Saved

Think about that.

Imagine you’re a longtime Chrysler employee. Seven years ago at this time your employer was circling the drain. Art was being sold off the wall. Co-workers were jumping ship. Others were being laid off. On April 30, 2009, Chrysler was shut down and placed into bankruptcy.

With Fiat and help from the U.S. and provincial Ontario governments, Chrysler’s heart is miraculously restarted. You’re told that if you work insanely hard over the next several years, the company might survive. So you do. Everyone you work with does, too.

Slowly, things get fixed. New products are introduced; they’re not perfect, but they’re way better than before. Consumers notice. They begin to come back to Chrysler. Sales rise, and they keep rising.

The CEO declares that the company will be a “War Machine” of profits when it gets going. You start to believe. You redouble your efforts, even though your pay lags what you could make elsewhere. You notice that the former Chrysler has become fairly profitable again, but you also see the fruits of those labors heading elsewhere -- to Europe to rebuild Alfa-Romeo from scratch, or to Latin America, to build a factory to build Jeeps.

Jeeps? Built in Brazil? Yes, and in Italy, and China, and Mexico and India, too.

Okay, that’s different, but you’re part of a team that has saved a great American automaker from the scrap heap. And you know that there are billions of dollars being invested in North American plants, too -- like the $1 billion spent to improve Sterling Heights Assembly in Michigan to build the 2015 Chrysler 200.

Stepping up

So your belief grows. You work harder. You skip your kids’ ballgames and piano recitals. You give up weekends. You’re part of the team.

And then...

The CEO declares in April 2015 that nope, he’s looked at it closely, and it’s not going to work. In essence, thanks, but he can’t make enough money here. The business is in a state of “mediocrity.” Not worth the effort. Forget those plans. Your faith is shaken.

Later, he abandons two huge projects -- cars built on the very platform he brought to the table in 2009.

That $1 billion invested in Sterling Heights three years ago? It’s going to be almost useless before long.

You look around. Your colleagues who left for competitors are making more money. Their careers look secure. You, on the other hand, see products delayed or abandoned altogether.

You watch as the CEO raises wholesale prices without increasing sticker prices, angering the dealers who make the sales that keep you working. You also see the CEO gird up to mount what looks like a hostile takeover of GM -- only to sheepishly recant months later as he name drops other automakers who, at least publicly, have no interest at all.

This is the world that FCA employees find themselves in now -- every FCA employee, from the guy on the line to the woman in the corner suite.

And that is unfortunate and sad.

If FCA is truly wise enough to change itself, Elkann and Marchionne ought to start by making it clear to employees that they are committed to the automobile business.

Employees aren’t getting that message now.

Risposta:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160425/OEM/160429903

Mike Keegan

FCA human resources chief disputes Automotive News column

Dear Larry,

My father and grandfather worked for Chrysler, and I’ve been with the company for over 25 years. Presumably I am in the target audience for your recent article titled, “What FCA employees need to hear from their leaders.” After reading your piece, I’m completely bewildered by your point of view, and even more disturbed that you seem to be longing for the return of the very same naïve messaging and insular actions that led us and our industry into vicious cycles with devastating human consequences.

First the bewilderment … the leadership you are describing isn’t familiar to me.  Everything I see about the company I work for today and the direction that Sergio has taken us since he arrived in 2009 is centered on profitable growth and the long-term sustainability of our company which benefits our employees and families.

• Since the end of 2009, our workforce in North America has grown by over 35,000 employees (an increase of over 70%). In the last 12 months alone, we have attracted and hired 5,000 new full time employees.

• Since 2009, we have grown sales and market share faster than any other OEM in the United States and in Canada we became #1 in sales.

• In 2015, our dealers collectively realized their most profitable year in their history, and the highest return on investment in their history. Since 2009 they have committed over $1.6 billion in facility investments (you called them angry dealers …bizarre).

• And at the core of who we are and what we do, since 2009 we have introduced approximately 60 new or refreshed products, completely refreshed our transmission lineup, and we are developing world-class powertrains on a global scale.

• Our brands are now distinctly defined versus being blurred. It took Sergio’s push to unlock and inspire the true potential of Jeep around the world, with global Jeep sales growing from 300,000 units in 2009 to 1.2 million in 2015 -- with a target of over 2 million by 2018.

• Most recently, the new Chrysler Pacifica minivan is rolling off the assembly line in Windsor with the PHEV version scheduled for production in the second half of this year.  A recent article in Autoweeksaid, “The most important success metric for a tool is how well it performs the function for which it's designed. Judged by that criterion, the Chrysler Pacifica is the best multi-purpose people mover in the world.”

Second the disturbing part… you seem to be anguishing over the truth and change that Sergio has discussed, such as the elimination of waste through Industry Consolidation, entering new markets with local production, and focusing North American production capacity on the segments where there is industry demand and profit margin.

I worked for this company before Sergio arrived, when industry consolidation was a mysterious, closed-door discussion. This is in stark contrast to the completely open, honest and transparent look at the facts that he presented last April (for some reason you chose to ignore the fact that he has repeatedly said that the potential savings of $10 billion are based on capital spending efficiencies and not workforce reductions).  I’ve also worked at this company when we made futile attempts to grow globally with an export strategy, incurring costly logistics, taxes and duty costs that prevented growth. Today with the established infrastructure and partnerships that came with Fiat, we have the ability to geographically grow and diversify so we will no longer fall victim to the economic cycles of just one region. Finally, I’ve worked for this company when we failed to acknowledge the signals of demand. The previous solution? Simply add more capacity (yielding horrible consequences) rather than today where we are quickly re-allocating the current capacity to meet demand for profitable growth.

All of this to say, I wholeheartedly disagree with your article and am perplexed why you would pine for “business as usual” when that is exactly what got us into trouble in the past.

Since you were claiming to speak for us, I felt compelled to respond with facts and a view towards honesty and transparency. I’ve heard many outside of our company say that FCA has the hardest working employees in the business and I couldn’t agree more. I can’t claim to speak for every employee, but the record needs to be set straight.

Mike Keegan

Head of Human Resources, North America FCA

:pen: 

P.S.: noto che i Landini non stanno solo in Italia..........Questo è molto "confortante" :lol:

• Mi Piace 1

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

Dite allo stronzo a stelle e strisce che senza i soldi fottuti alla Ferrari tra un paio d'anni erano di nuovo in mezzo alla strada.

Modificato da justjames

"Ah! Rotto solo semiasse, IO KULO ANKORA!" (cit.)

Link al commento

Al tipo mi pare abbia risposto per le rime con fatti abbastanza circostanziati.

Sta storia dei soldi fottuti alla Ferrari però a me fa un po' ridere: guardandola dall'altra parte allora , per qualche decennio la Ferrari li ha fottuti a Torino? I bilanci record sono cosa relativamente recente. Prima si ripianava e via camminare

☏ minchiaPhone ☏

• Mi Piace 4

CI SEDEMMO DALLA PARTE DEL TORTO VISTO CHE TUTTI GLI ALTRI POSTI ERANO OCCUPATI

Link al commento

Penso che oggi siano arrivate risposte molto importanti al Vellequette da parte di FCA (dati di bilancio ed annunci vari), ben più importanti di quelle riportate nella lettera giustamente piccata del Keegan. Se Vellequette è un giornalista onesto, come credo, nei giorni a venire lo riconoscerà :)

Modificato da pennellotref

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

BREAKING NEWS:

PREMESSA: Peter M. De Lorenzo è un incrocio tra l'obiettività di un Emilio Fede ed il senso della misura e l'autorevolezza di un Richard Benson*. A questo aggiungete che il tipo in oggetto è animato da un sincero e profondo odio per FIAT e per Marchionne (oggetto di carinerie spesso oltre i limiti della querela). Ergo, prendete con le pinze quello che ha da dire.

* Per chi non sapesse chi è, agevolo filmato:

:lol:

Dunque, il suddetto Peter ha poco fa scritto quanto segue sul suo famigerato blog (il nome è tutto un programma.....):

http://www.autoextremist.com/

GOOGLE IN FINAL NEGOTIATIONS WITH FIAT CHRYSLER ON AN ADVANCED TECHNICAL PARTNERSHIP.

DateTuesday, April 26, 2016 at 07:56PM

By Peter M. De Lorenzo

©2016 Autoextremist.com, Inc.

April 28, 2016, 10:30 a.m., Detroit. Google, the all-seeing and all-knowing technical juggernaut, is in the late stages of negotiating an advanced technical partnership with Fiat Chrysler, according to a source with direct knowledge of the ongoing discussions. John Krafcik, CEO of Google's Self-Driving Cars operation and Sergio Marchionne, CEO of FCA, began talks not long after the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas back in January, and have been in final negotiations over the last three weeks.

On the surface, this is a puzzling development, as FCA is the least technically savvy company in the car business by far. But that may be exactly what Krafcik wants. Why? Though the deal in the short term is said to include development of an autonomous version of FCA's new Pacifica minivan, it's the longer-term prospects that are of particular interest to Krafcik. It means that Google will have access to manufacturing capability and an existing dealer network for the distribution of its future vehicles, something the tech icon has clearly lacked.

Krafcik, a savvy industry veteran, has gone on record in recent weeks about this very subject. He is acutely aware that despite Google's flashy, "we can do anything we want" arrogance, without having the serious capability to build the cars and somewhere to service them, Google's Self-Driving Car program is going nowhere, fast. Lending gravitas to the proceedings is the fact that Google is planning to build a major technical center just west of Novi, a suburb of Detroit.

For Marchionne's part, this is almost the Hail Mary pass he was looking for. As I commented two weeks ago, in my column entitled "The Fools On The Hill", Marchionne and FCA are completely out of options, and without a key technical partner going forward FCA is facing the prospect of making the Jeep and Ram Truck franchises available to the highest bidder,
in effect "parting out" the company in desperation.

But almost is the operative word here, because no matter how encompassing this linkup is with Google, I have serious doubts that it will be enough to keep FCA afloat, unless, of course, Marchionne and FCA Chairman and Fiat heir, John Elkann, are devising a plan to cede control of FCA in the U.S. to Google and cashing out for a huge dollar figure - somewhere in the neighborhood of $12-$14 billion - so that they can return to Italy, wallets overflowing.

FCA would not comment on this story. And Johnny Luu, Communications, Self-Driving Cars, had this obligatory response, "... we have a policy to not comment on rumor or speculation."

:)

P.S.: c'è da dire che il Maglionato,nel corso della conference call di un paio di giorni fa, ha accennato a qualcosa da ufficializzare entro il 2016 (se tutto va come deve andare......). Vedremo........

Cito dalla conference:

Alberto Villa - Intermonte Sim SpA

Okay. The third one is back on consolidation. Apart from the traditional mass market and carmakers, there is a lot of discussion about tech players entering the market and potential discussions with you and other players, can you give us a view on that from your side and what is your potential visibility on that?

Sergio Marchionne - Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director

Look, our view has historically been, that we need to keep a very open mind. We cannot be selective in terms of or exclusive in terms of the arrangements that we make with some of these potential partners. And I think dialog continues with people who are interested in exploring their relevance in the automotive world and we will continue to help them try and find the way out and time will tell. I think that we need time to find out whether some of these arrangements are commercially relevant to FCA; but hopefully, we'll have something to say within 2016 on that matter publicly. I can't say anything up to now. I mean, it's just whatever is going on is confidential in nature.

Link al commento

ARIBREAKING NEWS :lol::

Potrebbe non essere una bufala ! :oddio:

Sulla notizia ci si buttano a capofitto anche Automotive News ed il WSJ (rilanciato in Italia da 4rotelle e Repubblica):

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160428/OEM06/160429820/fca-google-talks-marchionne-may-have-dropped-a-hint

FCA-Google talks? Marchionne may have dropped a hint

April 28, 2016 @ 1:53 pm

Did Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne tip his hand at ongoing talks with Google earlier this week?

The Wall Street Journal and autoextremist.com reported today that FCA was in the final stages of discussion with Alphabet Inc.’s Google on a technology partnership that reportedly involves the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, the automaker’s new minivan. Both cited a source familiar with the talks in their reporting, and said the discussions had been ongoing since January.

Both FCA US and Google have officially declined to comment on the reports.

However, during a call with analysts Tuesday as FCA delivered first-quarter results, Marchionne was asked about potential partnerships with nonautomotive companies. The question came from Alberto Villa, head of research at Intermonte SpA in Milan.

Here’s Marchionne’s response, in full:

“Look, our view has historically been that we need to keep a very open mind. We cannot be selective or exclusive in terms of the arrangements that we make with some of these potential partners, and I think dialogue continues with people who are interested in exploring their relevance in the automotive world and we will continue to help them try and find a way out. And time will tell,” Marchionne said.

“I think that we need time to find out whether some of these arrangements are commercially relevant to FCA. But hopefully we'll have something to say within 2016 on that matter publicly. I can't say anything up to now. I mean, it's just whatever is going on is confidential in nature.”

Kelley Blue Book Managing Editor Matt DeLorenzo said in emailed comments that a tie-up with Google could put FCA, which lags behind competitors in Silicon Valley, “back into a leadership position when it comes to future tech, including autonomous vehicles.”

:pen:

P.S.1: il Matt De Lorenzo citato nell'articolo è il fratello del pazzoide di cui al precedente post......:lol:

P.S.2: Mesà che Vellequette m'ha copiato er post precedente pe' fa l'articolo..........Caccia li sordi copione !!!!!!!!::~ :mrgreen:

Link al commento