Vai al contenuto

OLTRE FIAT Concept

JOKEJOE

Messaggi Raccomandati:

OK, a fair point for the Iveco MLV - but with those huge wheels, this car is being branded as a pimp mobile.... the type of car that will never be taken off road. With those huge wheels, I even doubt its off road capabilities.... I would understand it if the concept car had different wheels.

But then, I suppose concept cars always have big wheels. The problem I have Taurus, is the 'civilian' idea behind the concept. I can't really think of anywhere in the world, other than a country such as Saudi Arabia, where such a vehicle would be of use.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

indeed thereafter we could well identify a few idiots in the range of pimps and sultans-wanna-be also in this sad image-driven part of the world...

...and here it goes that some gravel on the side of the road will justify the monster and help get laid some sorry badass ;)

As you may well know, the bigger the better... the harder the fooler!!

piccolo OT:

> A Texan is drinking in a New York bar when he gets a call on his cell phone.

> He hangs up, grinning from ear to ear, and orders a round of drinks for

> everybody in the bar announcing his wife has produced a typical Texas baby

> boy weighing 25 pounds.

> Nobody can believe that any new baby can weigh in at 25 pounds, but the

> Texan just shrugs, "That's about average down home, folks... like I said, my

> boy's a typical Texas baby boy." Congratulations showered him from all

> around, and many exclamations of, "WOW!" We heard one woman actually fainted

> due to sympathy pains.

> Two weeks later he returns to the bar. The bartender says, "Say, you're the

> father of that typical Texas baby that weighed 25 pounds at birth.

> Everybody's been making bets about how big he'd be in two weeks. So how much

> does he weigh now?"

> The proud father answers, "Seventeen pounds."

> The bartender is puzzled, concerned, and a little suspicious. "What

> happened? He already weighed 25 pounds the day he was born!"

> The Texas father takes a slow swig from his long-neck Lone Star beer, wipes

> his lips on his shirt sleeve, leans into the bartender and proudly says,

> "Had'm circumcised".

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and unrealistic"

(John Fitzgerald Kennedy)

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile!"

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts!"

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• Risposte 361
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

OK, a fair point for the Iveco MLV - but with those huge wheels, this car is being branded as a pimp mobile.... the type of car that will never be taken off road. With those huge wheels, I even doubt its off road capabilities.... I would understand it if the concept car had different wheels.

But then, I suppose concept cars always have big wheels. The problem I have Taurus, is the 'civilian' idea behind the concept. I can't really think of anywhere in the world, other than a country such as Saudi Arabia, where such a vehicle would be of use.

No the offroad capabilities are intact even for that type of wheels, that is developed by Pirelli the 315/40 R26 tyre of pirelli scorpion series maintain all main features and thanks to the package even wheels of that measure have an optimized level of absorbers excursion for 4wd, the moment that hummer h2 with the smaller 305/30 R26 has almost no excursion.

The point is that this car have to be a trendsetter and imagemaker car for fiat connect the best 4wd capabilities with cult design...for me is a beautiful design a design that combines style to utility...and the fiat designers try to give a lighter side view and present a design surely out of the classic beauty but surely charming that put this as an object appart...combines the utility factor of H1 with the cult factor of H2...but in both factors is even beter than hummers.

Even 612 Scaglietti or Quattroporte in some contests could have the definition pimp mobile...

After all what has a point or is pointless is a philosphy questions..somebody could say that even enzo or F430 is pointless...or that car is only mobility so makes sense only a car like 1st generation panda...but we know all that today car is much more than that...and has to do with image and taste....

Link al commento

piccolo OT:

> his lips on his shirt sleeve, leans into the bartender and proudly says,

> "Had'm circumcised".

Ma ROTFL!!!!!! emotlol_2.gifemotlol_2.gifemotlol_2.gif

Tornando al Topic...

Ben venga una versione di serie per questo Fiat Oltre, o OltreFiat (non ho ben capito ancora come si chiama), ma che sia adeguatamente rivisitata perchè per com'è ora, trovo che sia meglio l'Iveco LMV al confronto, come estetica (tutto IMHO).

A proposito, anch'io guardando il cassonetto posteriore scoperto ho ripensato al mitico Lambo LM002. Ma solo per le proporzioni generali, chè per il resto i due veicoli non c'entrano nulla l'uno con l'altro.

--------------------------

Link al commento

No the offroad capabilities are intact even for that type of wheels, that is developed by Pirelli the 315/40 R26 tyre of pirelli scorpion series maintain all main features and thanks to the package even wheels of that measure have an optimized level of absorbers excursion for 4wd, the moment that hummer h2 with the smaller 305/30 R26 has almost no excursion.

The point is that this car have to be a trendsetter and imagemaker car for fiat connect the best 4wd capabilities with cult design...for me is a beautiful design a design that combines style to utility...and the fiat designers try to give a lighter side view and present a design surely out of the classic beauty but surely charming that put this as an object appart...combines the utility factor of H1 with the cult factor of H2...but in both factors is even beter than hummers.

Even 612 Scaglietti or Quattroporte in some contests could have the definition pimp mobile...

After all what has a point or is pointless is a philosphy questions..somebody could say that even enzo or F430 is pointless...or that car is only mobility so makes sense only a car like 1st generation panda...but we know all that today car is much more than that...and has to do with image and taste....

A good answer, thanks. I was not aware that the car still had a good offroad capability with these wheels. I have heard several stories about 4x4's which have had problems with such low profile tyres - even such things as tyres bursting when mounting a small pavement. But then the Porsche Cayenne does have good off-road performance for its class, with low profile tyres. I also agree with you that the term "pointless" is perhaps a relative one - to me this car is tasteless, but everybody has different taste. Reactions in the USA have been very positive for this concept car, I am glad to report. Its main point, as you put it, is a promotion tool for the other cars in the Fiat line-up.

I follow the view by Aristotle, who said "With regard to excellence, it is not enough to know it, but one has to have it and use it." To me, this concept car does not fall under excellence - whereas a 612 does.

paddygranger-ap.jpg
Link al commento

Io sarei per produrla, ma con degli aggiornamenti estetici un po' più azzeccati, questi pezzi presi qua e là sono scandalosi e anche l'estetica mi lascia un po' perplesso, ma se voleva essere originale c'è riuscita 'sta Oltre.

Link al commento