Vai al contenuto

ALFA in US, e' la volta buona?

Messaggi Raccomandati:

Ragazzi ma stavolta e' vero?

Qui si leggono articoli tipo questo:

Fiat still plans to introduce the Alfa Romeo 4C sports car in the U.S. this year, the first Alfa offered here since 1995.

But CEO Sergio Marchionne on Tuesday threatened to move production of new Alfa Romeo models out of Italy if the carmaker doesn’t get “clear and reliable” labor rules in its home market.

“The relaunch of Alfa Romeo will continue for sure,” Marchionne said in Turin, Italy, according to Bloomberg News. “Italy should decide if they want it to happen in this environment or not as Fiat and Chrysler have several alternatives.”

Fiat is in a legal dispute with Italy’s large metalworkers’ union over labor rules, including longer shifts and shorter breaks. The union claimed the new rules are anti-union, and didn’t sign the contract.

It’s unclear whether that dispute will affect timing of Alfa Romeo’s return to the U.S.

Gualberto Ranieri, Chrysler’s senior vice president of communications, said Fiat and Chrysler wanted to broaden its Fiat lineup in North America before reintroducing Alfa Romeo.

In June, dealers began receiving the Fiat 500L, a four-door car that is the first true new model for the brand in North America since the Fiat brand was relaunched in 2011.

“The launches of the Fiat 500L and the return to America of the Fiat 500 and 500c (Cabrio) by Gucci Edition will be followed, as planned, by the Alfa Romeo 4C by the end of this year,” Ranieri said in an email to the Free Press.

About 3,500 4C cars will be built by Maserati in its Modena factory, with about 1,200 of those earmarked for the U.S. The two-seat 4C weighs just 2,100 pounds and will cost about $60,000.

The plans for Alfa Romeo come as a surprise to dealers.

“Everbody wants Alfa here,” said David Kelleher, a member of Chrysler’s National Dealer Council and a dealer in Philadelphia. “The company wants to start selling Alfas, the dealers want to start selling Alfas, but it remains cloudy as to what the hard deadline is.”

Carl Galeana, who operates a Fiat dealership in Macomb Township, said neither Fiat nor Chrysler has told him anything about Alfa Romeo.

“The plan has always been to give the Fiat stores the abilty to sell Alfa Romeo once we are ready to reintroduce the brand, but beyond that I am not able to tell you any additional details,” said Jason Stoicevich, CEO for Fiat brand in North America, during an interview last month.

Marchionne wants to relaunch the brand in the U.S. because he believes it is easier to go head-to-head with BMW, Mercedes and Audi here than in Europe.

Chrysler wants to bring five more Alfa Romeos to the U.S. by 2016, including an SUV, the Giulia sedan, a wagon and a fullsize sedan.

Alfa Romeo’s sales were modest through the 1980s , peaking at 8,201 in 1986. Fiat pulled out of the U.S. in 1995.

Fiat dealers in the U.S. have been frustrated because they have been selling variations of just one car — the Fiat 500 — since 2011. While Fiat’s U.S. sales increased 121% in 2012 to 43,000 cars, that’s not enough volume for a small car to keep showrooms profitable.

“I also know and feel deep down that the worst is over and we have our best days ahead of us,” said Galeana.

Contact Brent Snavely: 313-222-6512 or bsnavely@freepress.com

Bloomberg News contributed to this report.

Ci solleveremo dalle tenebre dell'ignoranza, ci accorgeremo di essere creature di grande intelligenza e abilità. Saremo liberi!Impareremo a volare! Richard Bach, 1973," Il gabbiano Jonathan Livingston"

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• Risposte 43
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

Giorni di maggior attività

I più attivi nella discussione

Ragazzi ma stavolta e' vero?

Chrysler wants to bring five more Alfa Romeos to the U.S. by 2016' date=' including an SUV, the [b']Giulia sedan, a wagon and a fullsize sedan.

Fiat 127 - 903 ab | Fiat Regata 100 S i.e. | Daewoo Nubira SW 1600 SX-Fiat Panda Young 750 ab ('89) | Fiat Punto Easy 1.2 Nero Tenore

Camper Adria Coral 655 Sp su Ducato Maxi 2.8 jtd 127cv

Link al commento

Ma se lanciano Alfa negli USA a parte i gusti estetici, secondo voi gli americani preferiscono una "Giulia" con il classico V6-V8 americano o con il 1.8 Turbo-Benza dela Giulietta QV?

Io propporrei entrambe le motorizzazioni, il V6 per accontentare gli americani conservatori e il TB italiano per quelli che vogliono risparmiare sul carburante...

Link al commento

Chi ti dice che l'intervista non sia stata rilasciata in una sala climatizzata? ;)

Fiat 127 - 903 ab | Fiat Regata 100 S i.e. | Daewoo Nubira SW 1600 SX-Fiat Panda Young 750 ab ('89) | Fiat Punto Easy 1.2 Nero Tenore

Camper Adria Coral 655 Sp su Ducato Maxi 2.8 jtd 127cv

Link al commento

OT

Anziche 'bullarsi' :mrgreen: e dire 'si sa', che un comunicato stampa ufficiale non esiste, diciamo che i più ottimisti sperano sia così. Del resto, in entrambi i casi l'han chiamate Giulia, poi 169 e poi di nuovo Giulia... Prima vediamo qualche mulo e poi ne ragioniamo meglio... ;)

Link al commento

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.