Vai al contenuto

Jaguar F-Type Convertible M.Y. 2015

Touareg 2.5

quanto ti piace la Jaguar F-Type 2012?  

115 voti

1. 1. quanto ti piace la Jaguar F-Type 2012?

• • Molto
    • • Abbastanza
    • • Poco
    • • Per niente

Messaggi Raccomandati:

• Risposte 360
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

Auto semplicemente sublime non mi stanchero' mai di ripeterlo.

Vi posto il link per scaricare una delle prime brochures ufficiali in inglese : F-Type brochure Worldwide

001tvu.jpg

Modificato da Jag_Generation

Mai discutere con un idiota, perche' prima ti porta al suo livello e poi ti batte per esperienza. (Arthur Bloch)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Appena letto il testo di pistoheads sulla non-prova

(Not) driven: Jaguar F-Type

PH shamelessly joins the pre-launch hype by signing up to a passenger ride in the new Jag F-Type

No, I didn't drive it. But who's going to turn down a shotgun ride in potentially THE car of 2013? Time with Mike Cross was to come. First a ride beside vehicle engineering manager for Jaguar sports cars Erol Mustafa on Jaguar's familiar test route west from Welshpool.

FTypeRidealong_02-t.jpg

This is where Jag shakes its cars down...

With the minimum of fuss and fluff Jaguar keeps it real too. White toast and cereal for breakfast, two cups of coffee and out into the tiny hotel car park to see three F-Types sitting in context for the first time. No fanfare, no motor show glitz. And you know what? It is a handsome-looking thing.The rear's sharp undercut is striking and the chubbily curvaceous rear arches are purposeful. The nose is long, the new Jag grille works well and a blend of long wheelbase, short overhangs and steeply raked windscreen combines with intelligently profiled lines to give it a properly modern look. It hints at E-Type, yes, but it's no pastiche.

Also good is the interior, which again looks modern and, unlike the XK, finished. The glow from the switches is attractive, the detailing will delight owners and, again, make XK drivers miserable. It's also more special and easier to use than a 911.

FTypeRidealong_15-t.jpg

To messing about - F-Types and great roads

Mustafa starts up and the V8's quad exhausts bark. Loudly. Far more fruitly than I expected. Following another V8, admiring the LED light graphic, me wondering how I'll tell you anything interesting about the F-Type from sitting on the wrong side.But, hey, I am sitting next to the chief engineer and there will be no PR intrusion because, well, it's a two-seater. So, I fire questions. His answers include, "It's stiffer torsionally than the XK, but much stiffer laterally. This is key to the car's immediacy of response." And then, "We want to beat the 911, the Aston V8, the Audi R8, but at less cost."

The Mike Cross approach to flow is also evident. "All controls, interactions and reactions should be coherent and in harmony with one another. One of my jobs is to make sure the step-on of the brakes complements the initial reaction of the steering, and the throttle, and the damping."

FTypeRidealong_05-t.jpg

British car developed on British roads

The F-Type is stiff too. "As you know, it's derived from the XK, which was developed in open-top guise first. This too is obviously developed in base guise as a roadster. The coupe is going to be very stiff..." It has the fastest steering of any Jaguar ever, which Mustafa admits is heavier than today's models. It "flatters drivers as it's so precise", a tricky balance as too-precise steering is nervy. It also has near-perfect weight distribution, the washer bottle in the boot compartment to "shift a few tenths of a per cent rearwards" evidence of this focus.Grabbing the sweeping handle on the centre console immediately I feel more - inputs, resonances sensations. Try this in your own car - you won't believe just how much modern seats isolate you from stuff the driver gets for free through the steering wheel.

FTypeRidealong_03-t.jpg

The F-Type has spent a lot of time here already

Dynamics? OK, apparent is the Jaguar-like ability of breathing across road surfaces, keeping harshness at bay and, more importantly, remaining in contact with the road no matter how aggressive the undulations.I sense centralized weight, from the way it rotates into corners with minimal phase lag. I sense loads of confidence-inspiring mechanical grip, from the way Mustafa piles on the power in the dry, tyres nibbling at the road surface but never losing purchase, never waking ESC. I sense a car that's naturally well balanced, one more energised than even an XKR-S but also one that isn't a handful.

"We've been let off the leash with this one, to build not a sports GT but a proper sports car," says Mustafa. Which is encouraging.

FTypeRidealong_09-t.jpg

OK, enough teasing, now we want a go

I step up and get out of the V8, and drop down into a V6. Mike Cross piloting. The noise again takes centre stage: it's notably different to the V8, much higher-pitched and turbine-like, without the social smoker timbre of the V8. I prefer it. I also prefer its peakier power delivery, and the clear howl it makes at high revs. Seems to suit the nature of the F-Type better and gives Cross more work to do with the eight-speed auto.Cross wants the F-Type to be a "credible alternative to a 911, but not the same as one." The V6S is his favourite as the peakier torque profile means you can use the revs fully. "The V8 is so quick you tend to ride the torque more - the V6S feels more intense."

Of course, it's all finger in the air. We won't know for sure until the first drives are underway in April. The impressions here are just that. I could be completely wrong. But I doubt it. Too much about the F-Type feels right for it to be a flop. Roll on April so we can finally see if Jaguar has a British 911-beater on its hands.

In questo caso trovo interessante che lo sterzo venga definito piu' pesante rispetto a cio' che si e' usi in jaguar (meno male!) e che, anche in questo caso, per certi versi sembra si preferisca il V6.

Incoraggiante qui "We've been let off the leash with this one, to build not a sports GT but a proper sports car"

Notate anche la frase "We want to beat the 911, the Aston V8, the Audi R8, but at less cost.". Insomma, per la maggior parte degli appassionati che vede la F-Type come troppo costosa rispetto a Boxster, in Jag la danno come meno costosa rispetto a 911, AM V8 e R8 :pen:

Modificato da poliziottesco
Link al commento

punti di vista!;) Forse l'errore in cui siamo un po' tutti andati ad incappare è che la F-Type sarebbe stata una concorrente diretta della Boxster (sopratutto in termini di prezzi) quando invece per finiture e performance (V6 e V8 supercharged e pensa che mancano ancora la "R" e "R-S"!:shock:) è uno step ben più alto andando ad infastidire (non poco) le varie 911, AM V8, etc... con un range di prezzi ben più basso rispetto quest'ultime. Trovo molto sensato l'aver posizionato la F-Type nel mercato in uno spazio tutto suo, il più volte citato tra boxster/cayman e 911, ove attualmente non vi sono dirette concorrenti.

Link al commento

Hai ragione, guardando le potenze in gioco e' chiaro che qui siamo ben al di sopra rispetto a Boxster. Diciamo che rientra in una forbice che parte da qualcosa di confrontabile a Boxster S per poi andare ad infastidire 911 turbo con la V8. Questo parlando delle potenza in gioco, di performance ancor non si puo' dire. Purtroppo una fetta di pubblico e' rimasta interdetta e credo che in Jaguar debbano lavorare molto per far si che quest'auto si ritagli il proprio spazio dove vogliono loro.

Si tratta di vettura molto riuscita esteticamente (un mix di classico ed innovativo con qualche piccola pecca), sulla cui sportivita' sembrano aver riversato molte attenzioni, che pero' avra' a che fare con una concorrenza durissima che e' considerata da molti la migliore "sport car" che si possa acquistare. Speriamo, come detto piu' volte, che soddisfi tanto dal punto di vista della guida. Sarebbe bello che quacuno infastidisca Porsche per creare un bel duello nel settore delle sportive.

Modificato da poliziottesco
Link al commento

giusto! io, ovviamente, non l'ho provata ma chi ci ha messo mani (e piedi) su mi ha assicurato e mi fido che si tratta di una vera sportiva come non se ne vedevano in Jaguar da 30 anni e più. So per certo che in Jaguar hanno collaborato sul progetto anche quelli della Williams più altri ingegneri esterni e che rimarcano il concetto "pure sports car" proprio perchè fin dall'inizio la volevano così per a)la volontà della clientela Jaguar che desiderava dai tempi della concept F-Type una sportiva; b)differenziarsi dalla futura XK che invece sarà una GT ad altissime prestazioni ma pur sempre GT; c)pochi sanno che Tata desidera ardentemente far tornare la Jaguar nelle competizioni ed in particolar modo alla 24h di Le Mans ma la XK non è la giusta base (il fallimentare progetto JaguarRSR ne è la conferma) per una "racing version" e quindi ci vuole il prodotto giusto che a sua volta partecipando diventa un importante srumento pubblicitario ed immagine per tutto il brand.

Link al commento

Update: dal sito ufficiale ftype.it

Il percorso che porta alla luce una Jaguar è complesso, lungo e soprattutto severo.

Per la F-TYPE gli ingegneri hanno prodotto svariati test virtuali per simulare il comportamento reale dei complessi sistemi meccanici al fine di ottenere il design ottimale, tramite il Computer Aided Engineering di Jaguar.

Durante questa verifica la F-TYPE è stata sottoposta a mezzo milione di analisi che hanno richiesto 10 milioni di ore di elaborazione al computer per un totale di 300 TB di dati.

I test veri e propri su strada sono stati condotti in strutture specializzate in ambienti più ostili al mondo, passando dai -40°C ai +50°C fino ad altezze di oltre 4.000 metri.

I test di velocità e velocità sono stati effettuati a Nardò in Puglia, mentre manovrabilità, resistenza, frenata e raffreddamento sono stati testati al Nurburgring , uno dei banchi prova più duri per le vetture sportive ed i piloti.

Link al commento