Regazzoni

Messaggi Raccomandati:

• Risposte 249
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

• 4 settimane fa...
La BMW i3 di serie, come già annunciato dalla Casa tedesca, non sarà prodotta nella sola variante 100% elettrica, ma verrà realizzata anche con meccanica Erev (Extended-Range Electric Vehicle), vale a dire con un'unità termica deputata alla ricarica delle batterie. Nel caso specifico, la funzione del range-extender verrà svolta - secondo un'anticipazione di Automotive News -, da un bicilindrico preso in prestito dalla BMW Motorrad.

In vendita a fine anno. La i3, presentata sotto forma di prototipo nelle varianti di carrozzeria a tre e cinque porte, andrà in vendita nell'ultimo trimestre di quest'anno, ma non è ancora stato reso noto il posizionamento sul mercato delle versioni elettrica ed Erev, in fatto di prezzi.

Centinaia di km in ballo. Secondo quanto riportato dalla testata americana, che ha raccolto alcune dichiarazioni da Herbert Diess (responsabile ricerca e sviluppo della Casa) durante il Salone di Detroit, il modello dotato di range-extender offrirà un'autonomia molto più elevata rispetto ai 100-150 km della versione elettrica.

La ripartizione delle vendite. Il tecnico tedesco ha parlato di un valore di circa 400 km con un pieno di benzina: "Immagino che molti clienti compreranno la Erev, per poi scoprire che useranno il motore a benzina molto raramente". Se in un primo momento ci si aspetta una ripartizione delle vendite a metà nelle due versioni, più avanti la quota della Erev dovrebbe scendere al 20% del totale.

My cars...

Autobianchi Y10 1.1 i.e. (1992) - Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Emotion (2008) - Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (2017) - Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB GPL Super (2017)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• 2 settimane fa...
  • 2 settimane fa...

BMW-i3-first-ride-3332q.jpg

BMW-i8-first-ride-4411.jpg

BMW-i3-first-ride-jj678.jpg

BMW-i3-first-ride-ff293.jpg

BMW-i3-first-ride-4545.jpg

BMW-i3-first-ride-ww223.jpg

Pure lei provata da Autocar ;)

[Riding in the BMW i3 in the snow

The focus of engineering activities less than a year out from launch is the calibration of electric drive systems and cold start compatibility. As we arrive at BMW’s in Arjeplog, ground central to the European automotive industry’s winter test activities, it is the BMW i3 that exits the workshop and we get to ride in first.

Set to underpin BMW i sales, the compact hatchback has been conceived primarily for city use with dimensions that make it 120mm longer, 81mm wider and 132mm higher than the existing Mini Cooper hatchback. It also boasts 200 litres of luggage space behind the rear seats, or 40-litres more than its British-built sibling.

They’ll be two versions of the i3 on offer in the UK later this year, both running an electric drivetrain similar to that used by the 1-series ActiveE. It consists of a rear mounted electric motor that provides 168bhp and 184lb ft to the rear wheels via a fixed gear transmission.

Energy is provided by a lithium-ion battery mounted in the flat floor. It can be charged both through plug-in means and by kinetic electricity produced on run, with the range put at an official 140 miles on the European test procedure or, as BMW suggests, between 80-100 miles in everyday use.

Alongside the standard version of its new city car, BMW will also offer range extender option. It will use a 650cc two-cylinder petrol engine borrowed from its C650 GT step-through motorcycle. The engine fires when the battery level drops to a pre-specified point, acting purely as a generator to produce electricity and help to extend the range to somewhere in the region of 200 miles on an as-yet-unspecified fuel tank – all without any effect on the drive process. The car is expected to cost about £38,000, which puts it in BMW 330d territory in terms of price.

The tall stature of the i3 is a big departure from existing BMW models, but when you see it up close you’re aware that it has the stance to carry off its height. Even with the disguise that covers the prototype, it appears well planted. Standard 19-inch wheels, chosen in part to provide greater clearance for the battery mounted in the floor of the platform structure, are shod with narrow low rolling resistance 155/70 profile front and 175/65 profile rear tyres. They help endow the new car with a grown-up look. Even larger 20-inch rims will be available as an option.

Owing to the inherent stiffness of its carbonfibre body structure, the i3 does without a B-pillar. All doors are frameless affairs, and as I swing the front one open it becomes obvious that this is a car you climb up in to, rather than climb down in to.

Recent developments not seen on the original BMW i3 concept unveiled at the Frankfurt motor show back in 2011 include coach style rear doors. They look heavy with substantial width to conform to tough side impact regulations, particularly in the US. But with plastic panels and an aluminium frame, they’re considered vital in providing the entry-level vehicle in the i range with the sort of every day practicality BMW deems necessary to make it its new city car a success. They help ease entry to the rear, and unlike the Mini Clubman, there’s one on either side, not just the right.

Inside, the i3 impresses with a clean and uncluttered driving environment devoid of a centre stack. All controls, including a stubby gearlever that sprouts from steering column and a pair of digital screens to rely information, are concentrated within a horizontally themed dashboard, freeing up space between the driver and passenger and helping to provide the cabin with feeling of genuine space.

The raised seating position, upright seat backs, sweeping windscreen that extends back into the leading edge of the roof and generous depth of the near vertical side glass, provides excellent visibility out front and to the side. It instantly reminds me of the original Mercedes-Benz A-class, which is no real surprise given the new BMW i3 is roughly the same size and has been conceived for similar driving duties.

My chauffeur Patrick Mueller, head of BMW i drivetrain development, reveals the i3 is much like the BMW 1-series ActiveE in the overall character of its power delivery, with a heavily sprung throttle feel, instant acceleration and an aggressive recuperation mode aimed at recovering as much kinetic energy as possible. “It’s an approach that will set our cars apart from the electric car competition,” he suggests.

When the driver backs away from the throttle the electric motor acts as a generator, providing sufficient levels of retardation that the brakes are rarely required. It’s so aggressive that BMW has programmed the LED imbued brake lights of the i3 to illuminate when you lift the throttle.

It doesn’t take long to realise the BMW i3 is already at an advanced state of development. The prototype I rode in felt solid, even if there was the odd rattle from the makeshift disguise covering parts of the interior. What really grabbed my attention, though, was its overall agility and, in trying conditions with those narrow tyres, excellent traction. Watching on as Mueller drove the prototype down slip lanes, over steep gradients and around the car park of BMW’s winter test facility, it appeared to possess all the qualities that will be required to make it suited to city use, including an excellent turning circle of less than 10 metres diameter.

If our time spent in the passenger seat as BMW’s engineers put the tall five-door hatchback through its paces on a frozen Swedish lake told us anything, it’s that the i3 will not only provide a high level of maneuverability but should also prove an entertaining proposition on less-congested roads as well.

/QUOTE]

Autocar

First rides in BMW i8 hybrid sportscar and all-electric i3 | Autocar

My cars...

Autobianchi Y10 1.1 i.e. (1992) - Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Emotion (2008) - Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (2017) - Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB GPL Super (2017)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.