Vai al contenuto

Foto, notizie, video curiosi di Auto - [NB. NO violenza, NO tragedie, ecc...]

Touareg 2.5

Messaggi Raccomandati:

• Risposte 6,8k
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

...lo capisco forse solo parzialmente, ma stò lacrimando in ufficio........

Io non l'ho capito....ma preferisco cosi......sul serio. :D

Sai che cosa diceva quel tale? In Italia sotto i Borgia, per trent'anni, hanno avuto assassinii, guerre, terrore e massacri, ma hanno prodotto Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci e il Rinascimento. In Svizzera hanno avuto amore fraterno, cinquecento anni di pace e democrazia, e che cos' hanno prodotto? Gli orologi a cucù.( O.Welles)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Yes, You Can Cook A Frozen Burrito On The Charger Hellcat's Supercharger

[h=1]Yes, You Can Cook A Frozen Burrito On The Charger Hellcat's Supercharger[/h] [h=4]Jason Torchinsky[/h]

hupelrfvhx1aiu0e2n7l.jpg

Earlier this week I drove some new Chargers, including the bonkers 707 HP Hellcat one. I'm not yet allowed to talk about what the drive was like, but Dodge didn't mention anything about not talking about the cooking. So here's the world's first review of cooking a frozen burrito on the engine of a Hellcat.

Two things made me decide to try this: one, the Hellcat engine has such a large, flat, inviting surface right there on top of the supercharger housing, and B, we stopped for a driver change at a convenience store with lots of grocery stuff.

Initially, I had a weird urge to buy a crapload of cat food just for the shock comedy value, but rationality soon took hold. But only briefly, because I soon noticed the amazing deals they had on aluminum foil and frozen burritos.

rffk8xcwoytaywlygvdi.jpg

I realized that this would be a worthwhile test, one my devastatingly charming readers had a right to know. Sure, 707 HP means the car can go fast, but how do those horses enhance the engine's ability to defrost? I had to find out.

I got a frozen burrito and the tinfoil. I considered cooking some bacon or something a bit more complex, but I wasn't really sure how it would all play out, and I didn't want to risk anything that could get grease, blood, or other particles/juices all over the engine. A burrito is a pretty self-contained unit, and would cook pretty cleanly. Hell, even if it fell out of the engine it would likely drop harmlessly to the ground. Burrito seemed the safest bet.

xlycftoytrkm2rjlmj07.jpg

I wrapped the rock-solid-frozen burrito in two layers of foil and stuck it on the nice flat area on top of the supercharger. I know getting it onto the exhaust manifold would provide much more heat, but I really wanted to test the viability of this large and quite convenient surface inside the engine bay.

I placed the wrapped burrito on the supercharger, and closed the hood, which pinned the burrito nice and securely to the supercharger. Then I drove for about 45 min to an hour or so.

cwdpclocmz8gpu8rzcmz.jpg

When we arrived at the track, I popped open the hood for my motor-fresh snack. The foil was warm, but not exactly hot. When I opened it up, I found that the formerly ice-hardened burrito had, in fact, been cooked. I broke it in half to confirm that (unlike a microwave) no frozen islands of frozen burrito beans and meat lurked deep in the burrito's interior.

They didn't. The burrito was only warm, but warm all the way through. I suspect one layer of foil may have been better, allowing more heat to reach burrito-flesh, and, of course, a longer drive would probably have been useful, too.

gkleq5mraztp1yhnua5o.jpg

Even with the short drive and the two layers of foil and the non-exhaust manifold location, the Charger Hellcat seems to be a promising platform for the dedicated engine-cooker. In fact, I could see the large supercharger top area being used as a warming station for parts of a meal while they either wait their turn on the true cooking surface of the exhaust manifold, and after, where the food can be kept warm after cooking. Also, slow-cooked food may work well on the supercharger as well.

ll5dx4j1otlvwztsbssr.jpg

There's some real culinary potential here, and I think when I get a loaner Hellcat, I should try and plan a large meal and a nice long road trip to really test this out fully.

:lol: Questi so proprio fori de melone !!!!!!!! :rotfl:

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

10394502_381518372006148_914433027856744522_n.jpg?oh=2daaae7d242143d939d71c0c759b0d8b&oe=54B0EEA4med_gallery_1_1_236485.jpg

Sai che cosa diceva quel tale? In Italia sotto i Borgia, per trent'anni, hanno avuto assassinii, guerre, terrore e massacri, ma hanno prodotto Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci e il Rinascimento. In Svizzera hanno avuto amore fraterno, cinquecento anni di pace e democrazia, e che cos' hanno prodotto? Gli orologi a cucù.( O.Welles)

Link al commento

My Dinner With Some Dodge And SRT Engineers

[h=1]My Dinner With Some Dodge And SRT Engineers[/h] Jason Torchinsky

dlwuclf9oxyw7oqdzwsx.jpg

This past week I managed to spend some time with the new lineup of Chargers and the engineers that helped make them. Though they rejected my offers to provide dinner, I did manage to sit down with them for a meal and a series of inane questions, delivered with intensity and a light mist of masticated food.

vzuq7xkb46lgoe9qlnkc.jpg

The Idea: Hey, you know what would be great? Since you guys are still using that same basic Charger platform from, what, 2005, why not give the Magnum another shot? That new front end sure would look hot on it, and a wagon with a 700+ HP engine sure could revolutionize the grocery-delivery business. Also, some backup cameras and stuff would really solve the Magnum's visibility issues.

The Response: It was actually sort of wistful. A few of the engineers mentioned that this idea had, of course, been floated before, but poor wagon sales in the US still make it an unlikely proposition. I protested, insisting that the numbers for wagons couldn't be that bad, and a product guy offered to show me the numbers on his laptop.

The print was really tiny, so they all cajoled me to lean in further, at which point one of them slammed the laptop shut, pinning my tongue inside. I think I may have won them over at that point, because they all thought the way I was bleeding looked pretty funny.

kx3fmyotlww4oirrqpgq.jpg

The Idea: Okay, so we know minivans are still a decent seller at Chrysler, but there's still many potential buyers who just find them too damn boring and laden with the painful and beautiful stigma of motherhood. So here's what Dodge should do — they should pull the trigger on something VW's been teasing for years but never seems to find the balls to actually do: a fun, non-boring, retro-inspired minivan. Dodge even has the perfect candidate — The A100!

This could be a huge hit! If VW can't step up, then Dodge should! There could even be a Mystery Machine edition!

The Response: As I delivered my idea, my excitement brought me up to a standing position. When I finished my pitch, I stood there, panting, leaning on one hand that was clearly and unavoidably in someone's salad. There was a long, silent pause, when I felt the heavy, wet slap of an entire steak against the side of my face.

As it dropped heavily to the table, I looked over to the direction it came from. A high-ranking product manager stood there, with a 'what you gonna do about it, bitch?' look on his face. I sat back down.

ryjlqnq3simgiycv3iwz.jpg

The Idea: Still, I'm undaunted, because I still have more fantastic ideas. This is one I've sort of pitched before, but now it has a name and a real hook: the Hellbarth.

While I was testing the Fiat 500e, I found myself once again fortunate enough to be able to share a …Read more

This would be a Fiat 500 Abarth with a Hellcat engine crammed in behind the two front seats. There would be a firewall behind the seats, and could maybe use the Ferrari F12 transaxle to get the power to the wheels.

The Response: I told this one to the lead engineer of the Charger/Charger Hellcat team, and she actually gave it some serious consideration. She even waved down that product planning guy with the steak, and made him put down the chair he had raised over his head.

Her biggest concerns were with packaging and cooling, but I think I have a pretty decent start of a plan for that: a roof-mounted scoop that feeds air directly into a large, rear-mounted radiator/fans assembly, which then shunts the hot air right out the back of the car. Fuel tank could go up front. They all agreed this could be a hell of a SEMA car.

Come on, Dodge! You'd be heroes if you built this one!

pmin6mhtmstp47coiwwf.jpg

The Idea: Emboldened by the more enthusiastic response I got for the Hellbarth, I unleashed my final, and boldest idea: the Heckitten. Or maybe "Heckkitten." I haven't decided yet. Anyway, this would be an exciting, conceptual vehicle designed to showcase the incredible driving dynamics the chassis and suspension and brake teams have all been working on, and heretofore have been in the shadow of that massive 707 HP Hellcat engine.

The Heckitten would instead use a 70.7 HP Fiat TwinAir engine, suspended alone right there in the middle of that vast engine bay. The 70.7 HP tuning is easily possible from a TwinAir, and keeps that same 7-0-7 numerical theme. It's as radical as the Hellcat, just in the opposite way! The car would be light, nimble, and a real showcase of every part of the car other than the engine! Fantastic, right?

The Response: I guess it's because she defended me so boldly on the Hellbarth idea that I didn't see the knife coming until it was way too late. Or the other knife. All I know is that when I finally came to, my hands were still pinned to the table by the twin, gleaming steak knives, and the staff said I was being held responsible for the cleaning and repair of the tablecloth.

I think they liked it.

Mesà che a 'ste cene/pranzi di presentazione dei nuovi modelli spacciano roba veramente pesante...........:lol:

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

,.-

Non voglio far nomi, ma qualcuno dello Staff si è dedicato all'arte culinaria nel cofano di un camper :muto:

Questi ammeregani hanno tutto da imparare per quel che riguarda il cibo... :§

Americani e cibo dovrebbe essere vietato per legge metterli nella stessa frase :lol:

Comunque, cucinare nel vano motore....Quattroruote 1988, mi pare agosto. Usarono 205 rallie, 164 e 740 SW :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some critics have complained that the 4C lacks luxury. To me, complaining about lack of luxury in a sports car is akin to complaining that a supermodel lacks a mustache.

Link al commento