Vai al contenuto

Great Wall interessata a FCA

Messaggi Raccomandati:

Mi posso sbagliare ovviamente, ma imho è più facile che EXOR venda la Juve piuttosto che il marchio Jeep....:lol:

• Mi Piace 3

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Premessa: Mark Phelan è la firma giornalistica più importante in ambito automobilistico di Detroit Free Press.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2017/08/21/mark-phelan-chrysler-purchase/585030001/

Mark Phelan: What I want to see from whoever buys Chrysler

Mark Phelan, Detroit Free Press Auto CriticPublished 8:18 a.m. ET Aug. 21, 2017 | Updated 8:19 a.m. ET Aug. 21, 2017

If the news that Chinese automakers are weighing bids to acquire Fiat Chrysler gives you heartburn, buy stock in Rolaids. You’re looking at a stomach-turning 16 months between now and FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne’s expected retirement.

Selling Fiat Chrysler isn’t a failure of the plan Marchionne made when he created the company. It is the plan. None of the CEO’s strategies for the company seem to extend beyond his plan to retire by the end of 2018.

Fiat Chrysler was made to be sold. The alternative is continuing a long, slow decline. Maybe not that slow.

There are only two questions about FCA’s future:

• Will the Agnelli family that controls FCA remain involved? I hope so. They’ve remained committed to automaking through times when squeamish stockholders would’ve bailed. There’s no guarantee, though, and in any case the family will be out of the driver’s seat for the first time since Fiat was founded in 1899.
  • Will the buyer treat FCA as a resource – a company capable of designing, developing and producing great vehicles – or a commodity? Does the buyer think it’s acquiring an automaker, or a distribution network, like a cereal company that buys brands to gain shelf space in the grocery store?

That’s what I’ll watch for as suitors come to the door with promises of what they’ll do with FCA: Do they value the engineering, design and production ability that has kept this company alive and profitable against all odds? Or would they discard those resources in a rush to replace FCA vehicles with models from their own factories?

There’s precedent for the former. Chinese Geely and Indian Tata have been good stewards of Volvo and Jaguar Land Rover, respectively. That’s the glass half full. The auto industry also provides beaucoup evidence of naïve, shortsighted and ultimately failed mergers that did not capitalize on the abilities all sides contributed.

Will FCA’s current owners take a long view, protecting jobs and technical expertise with a deal that respects their employees, or will Fiat Chrysler’s last chapter be a smash and grab by management eager to cash out and hit the road?

The answer matters not just for the future of FCA brands and employees, but because it’s indicative of how self-aware the new owners are. None of the likely buyers are ready to replace the people who develop and build FCA vehicles today. A smart buyer will acknowledge that and invest in Fiat and Chrysler product development and manufacturing, as Geely and Tata have done with the brands they acquired. Land Rover, Jaguar and Volvo’s vehicles and technology are better than ever under their new owners.

It’s generally accepted the likeliest bidders for FCA are other Indian and Chinese companies looking to acquire technology, global brands and sales networks. There’s an outside chance an established automaker might buy some or all of FCA, but that’s a conversation for another day.

Spare me the whining that the U.S. and Canadian governments saved Chrysler, so a foreign can’t buy it. That’s garbage. Chrysler hasn’t been an American company since its largely American management team sold out to Germany’s Daimler-Benz in 1998, with the exception of the brief and disastrous 2007-9 interregnum when private equity firm Cerberus discovered that, ooh, the auto industry is hard.

The government threw Chrysler a lifeline during the Great Recession to preserve jobs, not because the company is a national treasure.

The U.S. economy had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel when the Obama Administration orchestrated Fiat’s acquisition of Chrysler. FCA came into existence to keep Americans and Canadians employed, to avert a deeper economic crisis, and because it wasn’t politically feasible to let Chrysler perish while saving General Motors.

It worked. Fiat Chrysler has added jobs, increased sales and production, and invested billions of dollars in the U.S. and Canada, despite the fact that it has fewer technical and financial resources than almost any other global automaker.

But it won’t survive alone. FCA has fewer technical and financial resources than almost any other global automaker. Marchionne’s goal from Day 1 has been to ally it with another automaker, probably through a merger or sale.

That’s cause for unease, but not despair. Chrysler has spent much of its history on thin ice. It has assets other automakers should covet. Jeep has survived the deaths of enough sibling brands to fill a museum. Ram is a reliable money maker and part of a global family of commercial vehicles. FCA is a strong player in South America. Its designers, engineers and assembly workers have proven they can develop and build terrific luxury and performance vehicles at Alfa Romeo and Maserati.

The Fiat, Chrysler and Dodge brands aren’t worth much, frankly. They may be the reason the company hasn’t found a partner or buyer already.

Ram and Jeep are the backbone of a major U.S. engineering and manufacturing enterprise today. They can be in the future. It all depends on the deal Marchionne and the Agnelli family strike.

P.S.: ognuno la vede come vuole ed esprime la sua legittima opinione. Però in questo articolo si leggono una serie di affermazioni a dir poco perentorie che fanno non poco strabuzzare gli occhi dalla sorpresa, al punto da chiedersi se:

1) si è veramente al corrente delle cose, di come funziona FCA, di cosa fa, di cosa sia, di cosa ne fa parte più varie ed eventuali;

2) ci si è resi conto veramente di cosa si è fatto finora in tutti questi anni (che oramai proprio pochi non sono....)e si farà.

Pessimo giornalismo.

:disp2: :disp2: :disp2:

P.S.: un bell'andate a farvi fottere da parte di chi comanda a 'sto punto ci vorrebbe proprio.....

Modificato da pennellotref

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

2 minuti fa, pixhell dice:

@pennellotref

mi pare che Phelan abbia fatto un testacoda semantico, secondo me non hanno ancora capito, vedi i vari KKK haters, cosa ha fatto costui...e come

6cb7a49b3dde3d12a44992f49377beb1--my-vote-in-michigan.jpg

O fanno finta di non capire e "tirano la volata a qualcuno" o temono qualcosa ? :pen: Arrivati a 'sto punto, ogni quesito/sospetto è lecito......

Link al commento

1 minuto fa, pennellotref dice:

O fanno finta di non capire e "tirano la volata a qualcuno" o temono qualcosa ? :pen: Arrivati a 'sto punto, ogni quesito/sospetto è lecito......

mah, so solo che marchionne non piace ad un sacco di gente, e se si mette a giocare a risiko é sicuro che in molti si mettono paura

Non ti curar di loro, ma sgomma e sorpassa....

Link al commento

Ad ogni modo che siano speculazioni o meno, il fatto che tutti i giornalisti ci ricamino sopra non è tanto strano:

Obiettivamente il mutismo di Fca su molte cose ha creato una situazione che dire ambigua è dir poco.

Sono due anni che si parla di un successore di Marchionne dopo il 2018 e non è mai venuto fuori niente di concreto. I Piani nel tempo hanno subito alcuni ritardi (Vedi Alfa), i nuovi prodotti escono con il lumicino, alcuni brand sono stati abbandonati o quasi, non escono quasi mai prototipi, Magneti un giorno si vende l'altro boh, ci si prova a vendere un po' a tutti come la peggior battona. Già il solo vedere che la capitalizzazione di un gruppo grosso come fca è paragonabile ad il settimo gruppo cinese che vende una frazione di veicoli e ha un fatturato che è minimo rispetto a fca la dice lunga .

Io capisco che sono situazioni complicate e difficilmente valutabili dall'esterno, però se fossi un dipendente di Fca mi girerebbero non poco le balle.

Link al commento

E' normale il silenzio. SE l'offerta fosse smodata, exor potrebbe cedere jeep a gw, tenersi ar, maserati e ferrari ( e ram ) e regalare il resto a gm, che rientrerebbe in europa via fiat.

Archepensevoli spanciasentire Socing.

Link al commento