Modelli presentati nel corso del 2022

- Grecale ▶️ PRESENTATA!

- MC20 Cielo ▶️ PRESENTATA!

- GranTurismo ▶️ PRESENTATA!

Modelli presentati nel corso del 2023

- Grecale Folgore ➡️PRESENTATA!

Messaggi Raccomandati:

• J-Gian ha messo in primo piano/indicizzato questa Discussione

Maserati goes quiet on Alfieri - Motoring.com.au http://www.motoring.com.au/maserati-goes-quiet-on-alfieri-101611/

Maserati is deflecting questions on both its 911-rivalling Alfieri and its much trumpeted later decade sales target of 75,000 units per annum.

At least that’s the conclusion we’ve drawn following brand boss Harald Wester’s refusal to confirm timetables for Maserati’s new sportscar and the company’s sales targets.

Two months after Maserati revealed its stunning Alfieri super-coupe at the 2014 Geneva motor show, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles boss Sergio Marchonne outlined his five-year plan for the company.

In it, he promised a six-model Maserati family by 2018, when the Ghibli and Quattroporte sedans, the all-new Levante SUV, all-new Alfieri coupe and cabriolet and a replacement for the GranTurismo would reap annual global sales of 75,000.

Although exact model timings were vague, Maserati’s business plan and senior executives indicated the Alfieri – its first direct rival for the Porsche 911 – would be released as early as this year, followed by the convertible version in 2017 and the new GranTurismo in 2018.

“I sincerely can’t say that we’ll see this car in production in two years’ time, but I’m certain we’ll see something very similar,” said project leader Lorenzo Ramaciotti at Geneva in 2014.

Now, two years later at the 2016 Geneva show, Maserati chief Harald Wester refused to answer questions about the Alfieri, design work on which began in mid-2013 at Maserati Centro Stile in Turin.

“I don’t know. I need to talk to my people,” said Wester when asked if the Alfieri project was running to schedule.

Asked if the Alfieri will be launched next year, he said: “No comment”.

When pressed on when we’ll see the production Alfieri, Wester suggested that replacements for the GranTurismo and GranCabrio would appear next from Maserati.

“The next one will be substitution of GranTursimo, GranCabrio by successors.

“We already had discussion about Alfieri and I don’t want to go into details,” he said.

Asked is the GranCabrio’s replacement would again be a four-seat convertible based on the new GranTurismo, rather than an open-top version of the two-seat Alfieri coupe as Maserati previously indicated, he said: “We never disclosed details of the convertible.

“We always said we have Ghibli, Quattroporte, Levante, sports car, grand tourer and a convertible. We never told anybody whether the convertible is two, or 2+2 or four-seat car. I’ve no intention to tell you.

“At this point my personal opinion is I think we talk too much about the future. Nobody else does, so I confirm what we said, that’s it. You guys are just too curious.”

Wester said Maserati was still committed to reaching 75,000 annual global sales, but wouldn’t say when.

“I don’t know. I don’t care whether it gets there in [20]17, or 18 or January of 19.

“What I care about is that it gets there protecting what it stands for.

“If we go there because we are outselling some of our products trying to compete with our rivals even in the premium segment, [then] I disagree.”

Wester said Maserati’s near-term plan to sell 50,000 vehicles (up from 32,500 global sales last year) will be achieved in 2017 — two years later than forecast after the Levante was switched from a Jeep platform to Maserati’s own, delaying production until last month.

“Our 50,000 volume forecasts were always dependent on the SUV.

“In 2011 we said Levante would be late 2013 in the US and we would have availability fully by 2014 or 2015.

“At the end of long discussions we decided to abandon the pan. We shifted Levante to Italy, we needed a new factory and it was also obvious due to the shift, we needed to review styling.

“That led to the current start of production in 2016. It will give us a boost this year. I expect this number to grow significantly beyond last year.

“With full availability of Levante in 2016 — because the ramp-up is not like a mass producer — with full availability of all versions, in all markets we will have in 2017, the 50,000 target will be for sure achieved in 2017.”

Maserati sold less than 600 cars in Australia last year and its forecast of 1000 local sales was alsopredicated on the Levante — first deliveries of which are scheduled to take place late this year. The brand expects around 1500 sales once all variants of the renewed model range are available here.

Wester said there is “no risk” that Maserati’s first SUV will dilute the century-old Italian sports car brand, which is now effectively Fiat Chrysler Automobiles’ ‘new Ferrari’ following the sale of the Prancing Horse brand.

“SUV is the only $US50,000-plus luxury segment growing,” he said.

“These type of cars account for 540,000 to 550,000 out of 1.1 million – SUV is as big as everything else together. That gives you an answer how important this product is.

“The only thing where all researchers more or less have a common consensus is that SUV segments will further grow – small ones and big ones.

“In a world of 90 million scars there is no risk at all. That 50,000 out of 90 million – that is a drop in the ocean. It is parts per million, not percentages. The brand has room [to grow], but to get there in a natural way. [We will] Never violate this.”

In other future model news, Wester did not rule out the possibility Maserati could apply the Mistrale name to a V8 version of the Ghibli, which would rival the BMW M5, and a more powerful Quattroporte V8. But he denied it would have anything to do with allowing Audi to use the Q2 and Q4 names.

“Q2, Q4 are proprietary names of Alfa and Maserati,” he said.

There was a request from VW Group to help them out of a dilemma for the extension of the Q series of Audi, so we allowed them to use in the future Q2 and Q4 for potentially new crossover models of the Audi range.

“They can do this but we will not give up our Q2 and Q4 names.

“The only owner of the Mistrale name I think is a surfboard company, it’s nothing to do with VW.”

Asked if Maserati has investigated the Mistrale name for its potential use as a performance sub-brand, he said: “No, not yet.”

Modificato da reckoner00
Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Io però sta cosa non la capisco.

Alfieri concept è stata accolta positivamente da tutti, addetti ai lavori e pubblico, e si inserirebbe perfettamente nella gamma Maserati. 

Perché questo continuo rimandare?

In fin dei conti l'hanno presentata loro...:gratta:

Link al commento

Io però sta cosa non la capisco.

Alfieri concept è stata accolta positivamente da tutti, addetti ai lavori e pubblico, e si inserirebbe perfettamente nella gamma Maserati. 

Perché questo continuo rimandare?

In fin dei conti l'hanno presentata loro...:gratta:

Credo che il grosso dei problemi che hanno sia quello della piattaforma su cui basarla... Quella su cui stanno costruendo la nuova gamma va bene per l'erede della Granturismo; non penso si possa accorciarla per adattarsi alle dimensioni di Alfieri.

Boh potrebbero usare Giorgio, sarebbe anche logico imho...

Poi c'è anche la questione stabilimenti in gioco, dove produrre cosa! E Modena? Le linee modenesi potrebbero produrre una Alfieri su base Giorgio senza investimenti importanti? Ma soprattutto quante?

Cioè secondo me non é poi così semplice la questione...

• Mi Piace 4
Link al commento

In effetti su Giorgio si baseranno la spider e la cabrio 963, dimensionalmente simili. Tempo fa però mi pare si fosse letto che Alfieri sarebbe stata basata sullo stesso pianale di Ghibli, e il passo del concept alla fine non è poi così tanto più corto, motori e trazioni dovrebbero essere all'incirca gli stessi o simili...

• Mi Piace 2
Il problema è mantenere una velocità di pensiero che sia superiore alla velocità della macchina.

E NON VALE SOLO NEL RALLY!!! :§

Gli accenti? Usiamoli bene! Gli accenti in italiano

Link al commento

6 minuti fa, TONI dice:

in ordine sparso :

- hanno paura che a confermare l' uscita dell' alfieri non si vendano più le granturismo . Lo so che non sono la stessa tipologia però...

- fino ad ora erano concentrati sulla levante che sicuramente dovrebbe vendere di più e compensare il calo delle berline

- paura che il segmento nel quale dovrebbe entrare potrebbe essere ostico da conquistare

- difficoltà tecnico/stilistiche adattando il proto su un pianale reale

- calo del mercato cinese 

1_ Giusta osservazione! Alfieri agli occhi meno sgamati potrebbe essere considerata l'erede di GT/C

2_ penso anch'io che lo sviluppo di Levante sia stato più difficoltoso del previsto. É comunque una tipologia di auto nuova per il marchio, e per il lato italiano del gruppo.

3_ dipende che numeri vuoi fare! Se si pensa a quelli di 911 imho é follia!!! Se si vuol stare sulle 10k unità annue tra coupé e spyder, secondo me non ci dovrebbero essere troppi problemi... ?

4_beh se l'idea è di farlo su base Ghibli meglio puntare su di un design ben differenziato dal concept oltre che cambiare nome.

5_ oddio 'sto discorso del mercato cinese... ?

Non so quanto possa influire sulle questione delle sportive; la son più suv e grandi berline a destare interesse.

• Mi Piace 1
Link al commento

10 ore fa, lukka1982 dice:

4_beh se l'idea è di farlo su base Ghibli meglio puntare su di un design ben differenziato dal concept oltre che cambiare nome.

concordo, se no si rischia di nuovo l'effetto brera, il concept era fatto su base california, difficilmente su ghibli (o anche su giorgio) si può ottenere lo stesso risultato

Modificato da Aymaro
  • Mi Piace 2
Link al commento

17 minuti fa, Aymaro dice:

concordo, se non si rischia di nuovo l'effetto brera, il concept era fatto su base california, difficilmente su ghibli (o anche su giorgio) si può ottenere lo stesso risultato

Sicuro ? Non era fatto su pianale GT accorciato ? :)

P.S.: può darsi anche che la spiegazione sia molto più semplice.......Tutto ciò che fino ad un recente passato FCA dichiarava in termini di programmi nel corso delle conference call con gli analisti erano info cui la stessa FCA era obbligata in forza di vincoli contrattuali legati alle forme tecniche di indebitamento connesse con il contratto 2009. Rimossi quei limiti, FCA non è più tenuta alla trasparenza informativa di prima e quindi può legittimamente creare "una cortina fumogena" attorno ai propri programmi, nella misura che ritiene apportuna, per non dare vantaggi alla concorrenza. Inzomma, so' libberi de buttalla in caciara :lol:.

Modificato da pennellotref
  • Mi Piace 1

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento