Vai al contenuto

Messaggi Raccomandati:

Mercedes Is Building A Mid-Sized Luxury Pickup, World Has Gone Mad

Mercedes Is Building A Mid-Sized Luxury Pickup, World Has Gone Mad

qyntgdro6yao7vtkezsz.png

Máté Petrány

vojtwhsle9ybu9ct5lvm.jpg

Throw away everything, because Mercedes-Benz is building this. For real. Yes. Seriously. We didn’t spike our coffee this morning. Are you ready for this?

Dr. Dieter Zetsche says they are targeting Latin America, South Africa, Australia and Europe with their luxury pickup, which will be ready before 2020 and they think could be just as successful as the M-Class became after its introduction 20 years ago:

We will enter this segment with our distinctive brand identity and all of the vehicle attributes that are typical of the brand with regard to safety, comfort, powertrains, and value.

Mercedes-Benz Vans division is responsible for the project, the same people who gave us the Vito and the V-Class.

Head of Mercedes-Benz Vans Volker Mornhinweg had this to add about their upcoming double-cab:

As part of our ‘Mercedes-Benz Vans goes global’ strategy, the pickup is the ideal vehicle for the international expansion of our product range with a newly developed model.

We can perfectly serve customers looking for a vehicle that offers a high level of utility and at the same time has the comfort, safety, and design of a Mercedes-Benz passenger car. We will design our brand’s first pickup according to this recipe for success.

I hope they lift the interior from the S-Class. An AMG would be nice too! Also, because it’s Mercedes you shouldn’t be surprised if there’s a coupe version of it coming out it the near future. And then a shooting brake. Holy crap! Shooting brake pickup truck.

Watch out, Stuttgart just went full loco. Still, when the end of the world gets near, you might as well hit those zombies with a Mercedes pickup...

Pensavo fosse il solito articolo scritto in pieno stile Jalopnik - ossia stile c@zzone :mrgreen: - e invece ?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? o_O:lol:

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150327/COPY01/303279972/mercedes-plans-to-launch-its-first-pickup-by-2020

[h=1]Mercedes plans to launch its first pickup by 2020[/h]AR-303279972.jpg&MaxW=622&cci_ts=20150327121248

Photo credit: Mercedes Vans via Bloomberg

Christiaan Hetzner

Automotive News

March 27, 2015 - 7:40 am ET -- UPDATED: 3/27/15 11:56 am ET - adds details

FRANKFURT -- Daimler's Mercedes-Benz unit plans to launch its first pickup truck by 2020, targeting sales at the European, Latin American, Australian and South African markets.

Mercedes hasn’t decided yet whether to sell the pickup in the U.S, Volker Mornhinweg, head of Mercedes-Benz Vans, told the Wall Street Journal.

The pickup will have about 1 metric ton of payload capacity and will be built by Mercedes-Benz's commercial van division.

"The Mercedes-Benz pickup will contribute nicely to our global growth targets,” Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche said in a statement Friday. "We will enter this segment with our distinctive brand identity and all of the vehicle attributes that are typical of the brand with regard to safety, comfort, powertrains, and value."

Mercedes said more and more pickups are being used for private purposes. It also said that commercial as well as private users are increasingly asking for vehicles that have car-like specifications.

Luxury rival Lincoln has taken two shots at the U.S. pickup market, the world's biggest. The Lincoln Blackwood delivered fewer than 3,500 U.S. sales during its brief run in 2001-03. The Lincoln Mark LT, viewed as a rival to Cadillac’s Escalade EXT sport-utility pickup, was sold in the United States from 2005 through the 2008 model year. Mark LT sales totaled 36,187.

Ford Motor Co., Lincoln's parent, continued to build the Mark LT for the Mexican market through 2013.

The Cadillac Escalade EXT, an upscale version of the Chevrolet Avalanche, was introduced in the U.S. in 2001 but discontinued when General Motors launched its current-generation full-sized pickups and SUVs -- codenamed K2XX.

Cadillac sold 72,897 Escalade EXTs in the U.S. between 2001 and January 2015, with deliveries peaking at 13,494 in 2002.

German push

Mercedes-Benz's plans to enter the pickup market underscore a push by German premium automakers that have built their reputations on refined sedans to enter segments traditionally dominated by mass-market competitors as they compete for volume.

After SUVs became popular years ago, the addition of a pickup would open a new front in the battle among Germany's premium brands for the No. 1 spot in luxury car sales.

Mercedes, the world's third-largest premium automaker, plans to overtake Audi and market leader BMW in sales by the end of the decade. The race for the lead has prompted Audi to roll out the A1 subcompact hatchback and BMW to add the 2-series Active Tourer and 2-series Gran Tourer compact minivans.

Volkswagen launched a similar pickup strategy to Daimler's several years ago with the Amarok. Its commercial van business developed and built the midsize pickup in Argentina for Latin America and Europe, while avoiding the U.S. market and its punitive"chicken tax." The tax imposes a 25 percent duty on goods such as light trucks imported into the U.S. in retaliation for tariffs on U.S. chickens once imposed by several European nations.

EHHHH si ! :si: E' proprio tutto vero !

:pen:

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

This is the end, beautiful friend

This is the end, my only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end

Of everything that stands, the end

No safety or surprise, the end

I'll never look into your eyes

Again.....

:|:|

Link al commento

"Luxury Pickup" a quando il telonato premium con rivestimento in seta? :lol:

china-cadillac-clone-1a.jpg?3b149d

E il primo è stato il Lincon, se non ricordo male.

Link al commento

Beh.......se proprio un costruttore della triade doveva farlo, ha senso che lo costruisca la Merc., visto che da sempre Benz è un costruttore globale, almeno per noi europei.................Certo che comunque la decisione fa un po' impressione.......:pen:

Link al commento

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.