Vai al contenuto

PSA rimuove da Amministratore delegato Streiff

Messaggi Raccomandati:

Dal New York Times di oggi 29 marzo:

Peugeot Fires Its Chief Executive

By DAVID JOLLY

Published: March 29, 2009

The French automaker PSA Peugeot Citroën fired its chief executive Sunday and replaced him with a veteran of the steel industry amid the worst crisis the auto industry has seen in generations.

Eric Vidal/European Pressphoto Agency

Christian Streiff is stepping down as the chief of Peugeot.

The company, the No. 2 European carmaker, after Volkswagen, said that Philippe Varin, chief executive of the Anglo-Dutch steel company Corus, would replace Christian Streiff, who is stepping down immediately.

“Given the extraordinary difficulties currently faced by the automotive industry, the supervisory board decided unanimously that a change in the senior leadership position was necessary,” Thierry Peugeot, chairman of the board, said. “I am confident that under the leadership of Philippe Varin, the group will be able, with all the teams, to unlock its potential.”

The Peugeot family owns about a third of the company.

Like other global automakers, Peugeot, based in Paris, is struggling to stay afloat as a punishing recession reduces demand for cars and a credit crisis hampers consumers’ ability to finance purchases. The company’s shares have fallen nearly 70 percent over the last 12 months, and its main suppliers are in serious difficulties.

The company last month posted a 2008 net loss of €343 million, or $456 million. It said it expected to have another loss for 2009.

President Nicolas Sarkozy’s government on Feb. 9 extended €3 billion to Peugeot to safeguard French jobs. Mr. Streiff almost immediately ran into trouble, saying just two days later that he would cut 3,000 positions in France. He also came under criticism from the government for importing Peugeot cars made in the Czech Republic.

Mr. Streiff came to Peugeot in 2006 from Airbus, where he lasted just 100 days amid a battle with European Aeronautic, Defense & Space, the plane maker’s parent company, over how much independence he would have to turn around company after a debacle involving the construction of the A380 superjumbo.

Mr. Varin will begin learning the ropes at the company in two weeks, and will take the helm on June 1. A member of the managing board, Roland Vardanega, will act as interim chairman.

Mr. Varin, 56, is a graduate of the elite French schools École Polytechnique and the École des Mines. In addition to Corus, where he has worked since 2003, he also worked at the aluminum company Pechiney.

Philippe Varin joined Corus as chief executive in April 2003, and eventually orchestrated its merger with Tata Steel four years later.

Quasi in contemporanea Wagoneer "lascia" la GM

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

sentito stamane alla radio.

bella bomba.

come potrebbe influenzare il possibile accordo con fiat questo?

anticipa il tutto o salta tutto?

un cambiamento del genere modificherà le strategie psa, ma in che direzione?

i'm the Doctor, but beyond that, I.. I just don't know. I literally do not know who I am. It's all untested. Am I funny? Am I sarcastic? Sexy? Right old misery? Life and soul? Right-handed? Left-handed? A gambler? A fighter? A coward? A traitor or a liar? A nervous wreck? I mean, judging by the evidence, I've certainly got a gob.

Link al commento

ho rieltto la notizia dell'accordo francese di FIat:il possibile "eiffel"

marchionne sarebbe il CEO ,sede a parigi, problemi occupazionali da scaricarsi in Francia ,marchionnne a parte ,guida ai francesi

in che senso andrà questo cambio?

Link al commento

ho rieltto la notizia dell'accordo francese di FIat:il possibile "eiffel"

marchionne sarebbe il CEO ,sede a parigi, problemi occupazionali da scaricarsi in Francia ,marchionnne a parte ,guida ai francesi

in che senso andrà questo cambio?

Non si sarebbe piegato nel cedere il suo posto ad un altro?

Fiat Punto I 55 sx '97

Fiat Punto II restyling 1.2 60cv '04

Toyota Prius V2 '06

Link al commento