Vai al contenuto

Mazda MX-5 IV - Prj. ND (Spy da Pag. 25 e 56)

Matteo B.

Messaggi Raccomandati:

2015 Mazda MX-5 Will Evolve ‘Kodo’ Design Language

Mazda’s new MX-5 will debut an evolved take on the company’s new design language that first appeared with the sharp Shinari concept in 2010.

Martin Benders, head of the carmaker’s Australian operations, has seen the new roadster. Speaking with TMR today, he confirmed a major styling departure.

Referring to the current NC and the classic MX-5 look that has now lasted 25 years, Mr Benders said the new model “will look nothing like it”.

Asked if fans can expect the new model to take its inspiration instead from the ‘Kodo’ styling that dominates the new 6, 3, 2 and CX-5, he added “I would say it’s more of an evolved version of that”.

And while Mr Benders would not be moved to reveal anything more specific ahead of the new MX-5’s September 4 unveiling, his comments are in line with reports out of Japan, Europe and the US over the past year.

But, while commissioned and independent renderings have merely sliced the roof from the Shinari concept (top of article), one Japanese publication claims that most pundits have it wrong.

In its January 2014 issue, Holiday Auto magazine reported that Mazda insiders have confirmed that the Kodo language acts as a mere starting point for the new MX-5’s look.

The magazine claims the new roadster will depart from Mazda’s current ‘family face’. That means the large upright grille and wide ‘blade’ treatment that connects the grille and headlight of the current styling will not feature on the new car.

Instead, the MX-5's face is expected to return to the oval-shaped grille design of previous generations, reviving the look that the NC had most recently 'retired'.

Based on its alleged insider intel, the magazine presented the renderings that you can see above and in our gallery.

If even remotely accurate, the renderings suggest we will see more than a little of the MX-5’s iconic ‘soap bar’ shape, while still showcasing that 'evolved Kodo' look.

Such a move would also add credence to the authenticity of a 'leaked' patent illustration that surfaced in the Japanese press way back in 2011.

Whatever the new model’s looks - and we don’t have long to wait - it is at least known that we can expect a more compact nose-to-tail appearance, thanks to shorter overhangs on a nearly identical wheelbase.

More details on the new MX-5 have been revealed in recent months, and you can catch those at our links below.

2015 Mazda MX-5 Will Evolve ?Kodo? Design Language | The Motor Report

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• Risposte 723
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

riporto solo il link del'articolo (le notizie che arrivano dall'Australia su Mazda sono di solito accurate).

2015 Mazda MX-5 to start at under $40k

non entro nel merito dei prezzi perché tra valute e allestimenti diversi non si possono fare paragoni. però prevedo che non saranno in crescita rispetto al modello attuale...

interessante il dato di 180 cv e 0-100 in 6.5 (dati interni...potrebbero dichiarare dati diversi).

ci sarà soft top.

se è così per me ad occhio è .....:agree:

a questo punto attendo i primi di settembre per il lancio globale.

Link al commento

riporto solo il link del'articolo (le notizie che arrivano dall'Australia su Mazda sono di solito accurate).

2015 Mazda MX-5 to start at under $40k

non entro nel merito dei prezzi perché tra valute e allestimenti diversi non si possono fare paragoni. però prevedo che non saranno in crescita rispetto al modello attuale...

interessante il dato di 180 cv e 0-100 in 6.5 (dati interni...potrebbero dichiarare dati diversi).

ci sarà soft top.

se è così per me ad occhio è .....:agree:

a questo punto attendo i primi di settembre per il lancio globale.

ottime notizie! Anche sull'abbassamento del prezzo [immagino che i 40K AUD siano per la versione 1.5 barebone (la e non si legge)]

Mazda MX-5 20th anniversary "barbone edition" - Tutto quello che scrivo è IMHO

k21x8z.png

Link al commento

davanti scende BENISSIMO, per essere un'auto con normative 2015.

dietro, boh..vediamo.... vista così parrebbe culona.

la targa va a finire li al 90%...le auto oggi quasi mai hanno la targa tra i fari posteriori...mi sa che spariscono anche i ripetitori delle frecce tondi sui fianchi

poco o nulla di archi passaruota IMHO

Link al commento

Io son fiducioso :)

Per curiosità, il camuffo consiste solo nella pellicola a scacchi o c'è qualcosa sotto?

My cars...

Autobianchi Y10 1.1 i.e. (1992) - Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Emotion (2008) - Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (2017) - Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 TB GPL Super (2017)

Link al commento

Behhhh.... Non male l'andamento della fiancata.... nella prima foto mi ricorda la F-Type... Parafango posteriore che si rialza e muso stranamente spiovente!

P. S. Ma riuscite a capire se la maniglia porta è sporgente?

Modificato da BrettSinclair
Link al commento

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.