Vai al contenuto

FCA - Product Plan (Notizie - Riassunto a pag. 1)

Messaggi Raccomandati:

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20151126/ANE/151129928/fiat-will-add-models-sales-points-to-growing-abarth-unit

Fiat will add models, sales points to growing Abarth unit

[TABLE=class: box_article, width: 300]

[TR]

[TD=width: 135]AR-151129928.jpg&q=80&MaxW=135&cci_ts=20151125152227[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Nick Gibbs

Automotive News Europe

November 26, 2015 06:01 CET

TURIN -- Fiat's Abarth unit, which is on track to boost sales by 50 percent this year, plans to more than double its global dealership network as it expands its lineup, said Paolo Gagliardo, who heads the performance subbrand.

Abarth is on course to increase global sales to about 10,000 cars this year, Gagliardo told journalists here early this month, despite only offering tuned versions of the Fiat 500.

Next year Abarth will add a new model, Gagliardo said without being specific.

Abarth's head of marketing, Fabrizio Simoni, told Automotive News Europe the brand wants to offer versions of Fiat's 500X subcompact SUV and the new Fiat 124 Spider, but he declined to say when the models would launch.

'Keep growing'

“We want to keep growing and stabilize at a certain level,” Gagliardo said, without giving an estimate of what that level could be. He said the brand now has 300 Abarth sales points within existing Fiat dealerships and will expand that to 750, without giving a timeframe.

He said that Abarth sales were worth a lot both to dealerships and to parent company Fiat Chrysler. “It's a huge business opportunity. Our cars are premium-priced,” he said, adding that Abarth variants of the Fiat 500 start at 18,000 euros ($19,000) compared with a the 13,600 starting price for a base 500 variant in Italy. The numbers only grow from there. “You find new Abarths selling for up to 40,000 euro even 50,000 euros,” said Gagliardo, who declined to reveal Abarth's average profit margin.

Rally return

A mock-up of the 124 Abarth roadster was shown on the sidelines of the event to a select group. The car is significant because a source at the event said Fiat would use a high-performance variant of the 124 to make its return to the World Rally Championship. Fiat's last success in the WRC came in the late '70s and early '80s with the 131 Abarth.

The source had no technical details on the racecar but said the Abarth version of the 124 that will be sold in dealerships will use higher-power versions of the 140-hp 1.4-liter turbocharged gasoline engine planned for the base Fiat 124, which goes on sale in Europe in next May.

Top markets

Abarth's biggest markets are the UK and Italy, which currently tie for first place in sales, Gagliardo said. The UK arm of Abarth plans to increase its dealerships to 105 by the end of next year from 68 now, a spokesman said. The third-biggest market is Japan, where the 124 Abarth will be built alongside the 124 Spider, the source said. Both Fiats are variants of the new-generation Mazda MX-5.

Abarth's aspirations

• Increase global sales points to 750 from 300

• Increase lineup to 3 from 1

• Increase sales 50% to 10,000

• Return Fiat to the World Rally Championship

Modificato da pennellotref

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• Mi Piace 1

http://ilmalpaese.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/fiat-marchionne-linghiotto-operai.jpg

Firma editata dallo staff: dimensioni non consentite, verificare i formati utilizzabili elencati nel regolamento

Link al commento

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2015/11/25/record-jeep-global-sales-manley/76307258/

Jeep breaks global sales record; more products on way

635824223161983518-Alisa.jpg Alisa Priddle, Detroit Free Press

10:54 p.m. EST November 25, 2015

635839806214963926-Jeep-Renegade-at-Melfi-plant.JPG

(Photo: Brent Snavely)

• Jeep beats global sales record before year's end
  • Name for Compass and Patriot replacement to be decided soon
  • New Jeep Renegade boosting sales around world

Jeep has reached a new global sales record and expects to keep the momentum going as it continues to expand its lineup with a number of new SUVs and a pickup on the horizon.

The brand, which is the sales and profit engine of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, had sold 1,013,000 vehicles at the end of October. That was just shy of the record 1,017,000 vehicles sold in 2014.

The record was broken about Nov. 6, with almost two months still to go in the calendar year, Mike Manley, head of the Jeep brand, told the Detroit Free Press in an interview.

The brand is aiming for 1.2 million sales this year on its way to the larger goal of 1.9 million global sales by 2018 -- a target CEO Sergio Marchionne feels is achievable while some critics have denounced as unrealistic.

Manley said Jeep sales are up 22% globally from a year ago and up 24% in the U.S. He is pleased to be able to carry the momentum into the brand's 75th anniversary next year.

"It is a true American icon," Manley said of the brand that resonates around the world.

Much of the credit goes to the strong North American market and to the newest member of the family, the subcompact Jeep Renegade. And the brand shows no signs of slowing down with the addition of the Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV coming in late 2018, a compact crossover to replace the Compass and Patriot in late 2016 and the expectation of a Wrangler pickup.

The Grand Wagoneer is a three-row luxury SUV to compete with Land Rover. It is a segment Jeep needs to be in, Manley said.

Before it hits the market, Jeep will introduce a new compact crossover in late 2016 for the 2017 model year to replace the current Compass and Patriot.

Manley is happy with the design direction but would not say if the replacement adopts the curvy lines of the Compass or goes boxy like the Patriot. And the name is still being debated.

"Both Compass and Patriot are very strong names for us," Manley said. "In international markets Compass is stronger than Patriot. Here in the U.S. Patriot is stronger than Compass. So we've got two viable names we could use...but no decision yet."

Manley does not rule out continued use of different names for different regions. The U.S. is one of the few markets that currently sells both crossovers. "You might see on a global basis the use of both names," he said.

Personally, "I'm not wedded to either name. I like both of them."

The decision must be made soon; there are badges to be made, marketing plans to finalize. Manley said the decision will be made early next year but it will be kept secret until the new vehicle is unveiled.

The Jeep chief was also tight-lipped on plans for a Wrangler pickup which the automaker has not officially announced yet, but the news leaked out during UAW contract negotiations.

"I am a huge advocate for Wrangler pickup in the lineup," said Manley who has wanted one for many years. "It has a historical place in our brand. and we've shown we can successfully expand the brand with the Jeep Renegade. doing tremendously well."

Jeep has sold almost 45,000 Renegades in the U.S. through October and it has contributed to an overall Jeep sales increase of 72% in Europe so far this year.

The automaker now builds the Renegade in Brazil in a new plant in Pernambuco. Manley said Renegade sales increased 100% in Brazil last month and became the top-seller in the segment with about a 30% share.

The Renegade is now for sale in Japan but has not yet launched in China and most of Asia.

Renegade contributed about 45,000 sales to the U.S. total in October. To date, overall Jeep sales of almost 706,500 in the U.S. are up 24%. All models are selling better than a year ago.

"It's great to bring that vehicle built in China for China back to local production after 10 years of absence," he said, referring to the decision a decade ago to stop building Jeeps in China.

. “There are varying degrees of hugs. I can hug you nicely, I can hug you tightly, I can hug you like a bear, I can really hug you. Everything starts with physical contact. Then it can degrade, but it starts with physical contact." SM su Autonews :rotfl:

Link al commento

• 2 settimane fa...
Link al commento

Quello che mi preoccupa:

Pagina 13 (Alfa) : - R&D, manufactoring and product investment reduced though 2018

- Planned product line-up will be completed in mid-2020 (quindi posticipata)

Quello che invece mi piace:

Pagina 14 (Chrysler): introduce world's first hybrid minivan

- La voglia di dividere la gamma fiat in emozionale (linea 500) e pratica (es. tipo)

- Qui non ne parla, ma da altre parti avevo sentito che sono in arrivo anche versioni ibride, ibride plug-in e a batteria delle auto già in commercio/programma: ottimo

Link al commento

• 1 mese fa...

Serghio a Detroit:

http://www.quattroruote.it/news/industria/2016/01/11/sergio_marchionne_il_consolidamento_resta_una_scelta_necessaria_.html#loadMore

"Il discorso del consolidamento è inevitabile. I costi nel nostro settore non cambieranno in meglio, anzi. Aggregarsi e condividerli è un obiettivo che resta invariato, anche se l'industria sta provando a cambiare pelle". Così esordisce Sergio Marchionne al Salone di Detroit, nel corso dell'incontro con la stampa italiana.

Al centro il programma per il 2018. "Con la complessità delle scelte industriali, il peso degli investimenti sui conti si aggraverà", aggiunge l'ad. "Consideriamo per questo il consolidamento essenziale, ma vista la situazione dei mercati e i nostri obiettivi in termini di scelta dei partner, abbiamo deciso di rimettere al centro il nostro piano al 2018: proprio alle cinque di stamattina a casa mia lo abbiamo riesaminato per l'ennesima volta, facendo il punto della situazione con John Elkann".

"Distanza non enorme dagli obiettivi". "Il 2015 è andato oltre le aspettative e siamo nella fascia alta della guidance. A fine gennaio (il 27 ci sarà la trimestrale di cassa) vedrete che la distanza per raggiungere gli obiettivi del 2018 non è enorme. Sono risultati fattibili ma non sarà comunque facile. In ogni caso, dal 2004 a oggi abbiamo fatto molta più strada di quanta ce ne resta.

Marchionne e Renzi, un nemico in comune: i gufi. "Entriamo in questa nuova fase", osserva Marchionne, "con ottimi risultati nel 2015 a partire da quelli di Jeep, un marchio che riuscirà a incrementare ancora il ritmo di crescita da qui al 2018. Raggiungere i nostri obiettivi ci libererà anche da quelli che Renzi chiama i gufi: dobbiamo provare a loro e a noi stessi che sapremo arrivare al 2018 senza l'aiuto di nessuno".

Piani confermati. Gli scettici? "Non ci interessano". "Non programmiamo cessioni, raggiungeremo gli obiettivi con la cassa", ribadisce il timoniere del Gruppo. "Nessun bisogno di ristrutturazioni, nessuna eccedenza: tutti i piani sono confermati per come li conoscete", precisa inoltre Marchionne. Che riserva una stoccata agli analisti: "Chi dice che non raggiungeremo gli obiettivi di profitto non ci interessa. Non conosco un analista che abbia azzeccato le previsioni su Fiat negli ultimi dieci anni".

Fca guadagna in tutte le "region" operative. "Accetto volentieri le critiche", prosegue l'ad, "ma quando andiamo a guardare la delicata situazione dei mercati globali, come la Cina o il Brasile", la nostra è l'unica azienda che riesce a guadagnare in tutte le quattro regioni dove produce. Poi è ovvio che dobbiamo dire: menomale che c'è l'America e il mercato americano, dove cresciamo ininterrottamente tutti i mesi da oltre cinque anni".

Il rifiuto dei volumi come parametro centrale. "Per raggiungere gli obiettivi finanziari, abbiamo la flessibilità necessaria per adattare la produzione alla domanda: in altri termini" spiega Marchionne, "non ci interessa fornire previsioni di volume, perché il nostro target di utili può essere raggiunto anche con meno vetture più remunerative". Né oggi, né il 27 gennaio, insomma, ascolteremo ulteriori previsioni e considerazioni sull'obiettivo di sette milioni di unità menzionato in passato.

Relazione non antagonista con la Silicon Valley. "Per quanto riguarda l'ingresso di Google nel settore con la guida autonoma", aggiunge Marchionne "non stiamo realmente scoprendo niente di nuovo. Il nostro settore genera concetti nuovi in maniera molto naturale. Cambieremo, certo, la tecnologia ha un forte impatto sullo sviluppo della nostra industria, ma la relazione con Google e altri agenti di cambiamento è naturale, aperta e non antagonista", afferma l'ad in merito alle voci sul possibile accordo con un gigante dell'hi-tech.

Fare la guerra ai nuovi player? "Un'idiozia bestiale". "Del resto", prosegue Marchionne, "dichiarare guerra alla Silicon Valley sarebbe un'idiozia di quelle bestiali, perché le nuove tecnologie hanno una velocità di cambiamento che non è pareggiabile dalla nostra industria, caratterizzata invece da tempi più lenti".

Ces e nuove tecnologie: nessuna necessità di proclami iperbolici. Continueremo a lavorare con Google e con altri, come abbiamo sempre fatto e senza il bisogno che io vada a Las Vegas a fare discorsi alla Tom Cruise", scherza l'ad. "Siamo umili e non ne abbiamo bisogno, perché tutto il lavoro che stiamo facendo lo vedrete sulle vetture: quella è l'unica prova di quanto sappiamo fare, il resto è tutta fuffa".

"Le elettriche? Non ci guadagna nessuno, nemmeno Musk". "Ricordo colleghi che annunciavano gamme al 90% elettriche nel giro di pochi anni", sottolinea il numero uno di Fiat Chrysler per ribadire la scarsa utilità di certi annunci, "ma la verità oggi è che nessuno riesce a guadagnare niente con le auto a zero emissioni. Nemmeno Elon Musk, che pure considero il guru del settore. Non bisogna innamorarsi di un'idea che può avere conseguenze finanziarie disastrose".

Gm, le porte sono definitivamente chiuse. "Al momento nulle, per essere assolutamente chiari, le prospettive di partnership con General Motors", sentenzia infine Marchionne, che conferma di non aver avuto ulteriori contatti con la sua omologa del Reinassance Center, Mary Barra.

Europa, Alfa e Maserati le prime plug-in. A margine della conferenza stampa, il numero uno del Costruttore italo-americano è tornato sulla Chrysler Pacifica e sulla tecnologia ibrida plug-in che introduce per prima nella gamma del Gruppo Fca: "Il plug-in hybrid arriverà in Europa con i marchi Alfa Romeo e Maserati", ha anticipato l'ad a Quattroruote.

Plug-in per il 50% della gamma Fca. "Probabilmente sarà la Levante la prima vettura ad adottarla, ma di sicuro la offriremo anche sulla Quattroporte e via via su tutta la gamma Maserati", ha proseguito Marchionne. "L'obiettivo è quello di avere la tecnologia Phev sul 50% della gamma Fca entro il 2020, per soddisfare le prossime normative in materia di riduzione delle emissioni".

:)

• Mi Piace 2

Link al commento

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.