Messaggi Raccomandati:

• Risposte 234
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

Piccolo articolo trovato su autoweek.com

Dino Lives

Is a Maserati-based Ferrari two-seater in the wings?

By GREG KABLE

AutoWeek | Published 10/17/06, 1:21 pm et

Despite denials from general manager Amedeo Felisa that such a project even exists, Ferrari appears to be well down the road to introducing an entry-level model Porsche 911 competitor carrying the illustrious Dino name.

According to high-ranking insiders at parent company Fiat in Turin, the new Ferrari is very much alive and in the early stage of development in partnership with Maserati. Sources say crude prototypes exist, but the car likely won’t be introduced before 2009.

Supplier sources say Ferrari is gearing up to build some 4000 Dinos annually. Rumor has it the car was designed by Pininfarina with input from former Ferrari design boss Frank Stephenson, who now heads Fiat’s Centro Stile operation.

The starting point for the entry-level Ferrari is a front-engine platform under development by Maserati for its upcoming Coupe replacement due in early 2007. Known internally under the codename M139, its rear-wheel-drive underpinnings are related to those in the Maserati Quattroporte, but they receive their own tighter wheelbase and track widths to give the new Ferrari more compact dimensions.

To keep weight down, the body is built with carbon fiber and aluminum. Sources suggest the Alfa Romeo 8C is serving as a pattern for the new Ferrari, most notably in the area of body construction and materials.

Secrecy surrounds the body style; early claims had Maranello considering a folding-hardtop arrangement, but it now appears the Dino may be offered in coupe guise only to keep the car’s weight in check.

Unlike the original 206 Dino and its more illustrious predecessor, the 246, the coming Dino is likely to go without V6 power. Instead, the car will run a 4.0-liter variant of Maserati’s highly versatile V8 producing about 400 hp.

Ferrari’s decision to base the Dino on a Maserati mechanical package seems to contradict the company’s no-compromise engineering mantra. However, the two carmakers are already closely linked in other business areas. The 4.3-liter, 490-hp V8 engine used in the 430 Modena, for example, is closely related to the 4.2-liter, 400-hp unit found in the Quattroporte. Ferrari Enzo provided the basis for the Maserati MC12. There are also plans, unfulfilled at this stage, to drop the 612 Scaglietti’s 5.5-liter, 540-hp V12 engine into the engine bay of a new range-topping Quattroporte model to create a Mercedes-Benz S-Class rival.

One more linkage? Ferrari may choose Maserati’s heavily refurbished factory in Modena to build its modern-day Dino. Given the high percentage of Maserati parts in the Dino, it would appear a highly cost-effective alternative. AutoWeek sources also contend that Ferrari is in talks with Pininfarina as a possible production partner.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

M'incacchio come una iena se fanno davvero la Dino.

La Ferrari deve rimanere un sogno proibito per la maggioranza...

La Dino non sarebbe certo a buon mercato, visto che credo avrà un prezzo di almeno € 120k.

"That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen."

Charles Bukowski (Women)

Link al commento

M'incacchio come una iena se fanno davvero la Dino.

La Ferrari deve rimanere un sogno proibito per la maggioranza...

Continuerebbe a nn essere lo stesso per tutti....in qualke modo la Dino ha un suo senso,soprattutto se l'erede della 430 crescerà e di parecchio!! :D

Link al commento

Abbassare l'entry level significa allargare i bacini d'utenza. Vendere 4000 Ferrari in più all'anno significa quasi raddoppiare le vendite.

Non voglio arrivare al punto che se passa una Ferrari non mi volto nemmeno come faccio quando passa una Porsche...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1126539/nexus_s_boot_animation.gif

Link al commento

Abbassare l'entry level significa allargare i bacini d'utenza. Vendere 4000 Ferrari in più all'anno significa quasi raddoppiare le vendite.

Non voglio arrivare al punto che se passa una Ferrari non mi volto nemmeno come faccio quando passa una Porsche...

Questo nn lo voglio neanche io Tommi...ma penso ke se decidono di deliberare la Dino sanno cosa fanno...nn sono degli sprovveduti in Ferrari...magari daranno la possibilità di rimanere in casa a chi nn vorrà acquistare l'erede della 430

Link al commento

Io la vedo così: qualsiasi aumento rilevante di clientela danneggia l'immagine Ferrari, soprattutto se è un aumento rivolto verso al basso.

Per aumentare gli introiti senza aumentare la produzione basta aumentare (con oculatezza) i prezzi. C'è talmente tanta gente che vorrebbe una Ferrari che anche con un prezzo maggiorato del 15% (che è tantissimo e ho sparato alto apposta) la domanda rimarrebbe ancora maggiore dell'offerta.

Ripeto: se raddoppi il numero di Ferrari in circolazione nè diminuisci l'esclusività... è ovvio.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1126539/nexus_s_boot_animation.gif

Link al commento

Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.

• Crea Nuovo...

Stiamo sperimentando dei banner pubblicitari a minima invasività: fai una prova e poi facci sapere come va!

Per accedere al forum, disabilita l'AdBlock per questo sito e poi clicca su accetta: ci sarai di grande aiuto! Grazie!

Se non sai come si fa, puoi pensarci più avanti, cliccando su "ci penso" per continuare temporaneamente a navigare. Periodicamente ricomparità questo avviso come promemoria.