Vai al contenuto

Fiat 500 Ibrida 2025 - Prj. 332 (Notizie)

GmG
Messaggio aggiunto da Osv,

Polish_20240606_181125337.jpg.9c3ad0e428fe587e57a450d6febeadff.thumb.jpg.9f01808fce2dc93c721cfb7e9de5b361.jpg

Messaggi Raccomandati:

2 ore fa, __P scrive:

Sarebbe interessante leggere l’articolo di Automotive News

Fiat CEO: 500e EV an ‘urban Tesla'
Olivier Francois, who heads Fiat and oversees Stellantis marketing, says the new 500e can open people's minds about the potential for EVs in dense cities.

Fiat is Stellantis' largest brand, with more than 1.3 million global sales and dominant positions in countries that include Brazil and Turkey, as well as its home market, Italy. But in Europe and North America, Fiat has been starved of product and investment.

A new-model offensive has started in Europe with the Fiat 600 as well as the 500e electric minicar, which just began reaching U.S. dealerships.

CEO Olivier Francois introduced four additional models coming to Europe in a humorous video released to coincide with the start of the Geneva auto show — although Fiat did not attend the show. The guerrilla marketing move netted millions of views on YouTube, all with virtual concept cars.

In an interview with Automotive News Europe, Francois, who also is CMO of Fiat parent Stellantis, discussed the automaker's plans for Fiat and its digital marketing efforts. Here are edited excerpts.

Q: What is different for Fiat under Stellantis?

A: The beauty of FCA was the complementarity. The beauty of Stellantis are the synergies. The complementarity back then was because you had Chrysler's bigger cars in North America and Fiat Group's smaller cars in Europe. Now I can play with people who are like me. Before, the older kids like Ram, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, even Alfa Romeo and Maserati, shared the playground with me, even if they weren't like Fiat.

Today I'm sharing with Stellantis' European brands that are subject to European standards, European tastes, European ways. Also, more important, they have models in the B- and C-segment, which are my turf. We have the best of both worlds because we finally have the synergies I have been dreaming of for so long, and at the same time we have more complementarities than ever.

What does Fiat bring to Stellantis?

Three things. One is a unique approach to mainstream brands. Fiat brings joy, simplicity, dolce vita, Italian design. We have a very particular recipe that is of great value, especially when we are starting to see a lot of Chinese brands coming to Europe. Second, we have a dominant share in a few large markets like Brazil and Turkey, not to mention Italy. And third, we have A-segment cars (minicars), which is one of the reasons we confirmed we would continue to develop the Panda classic model with the Pandina. Together with the 500, this is a segment that none of the other brands occupy with two complementary models.

LAPRESSE
“We live in a digital age, so every participation in an auto show should be compared to the cost of a digital campaign,” says Fiat CEO Olivier Francois, with the Fiat Topolino, left, and 600e.
You are starting sales of the Fiat 500e in North America. How can the new model do better than the previous 500 EV, not just for emissions compliance but also in terms of market share?

The context is different. Back then we had a kind of compliance obligation and we needed to push cars. Today, Stellantis is preparing for a big EV offensive in North America, so we need to open people's minds to electric cars, and more than that, we need to open the American driveways to electric. I'm thrilled with the new 500e. It's much more substantial [than the old one], so initially I did something not very popular with the PR teams, but I asked journalists to drive the old one and the new; sit in it, touch it, feel it so they could metabolize this incredible leap we made. The new one is an urban Tesla. The old one was not a bad car, but it was obviously electrified after the fact, so there is a world of difference. The new one was designed to conquer Europe and is delivering big volumes and market share there, while the old one was really designed for compliance in California.

How will you persuade U.S. buyers to revisit the 500 EV?

First, there is a lot more substance to the car, and substance is everything in America, but there are other selling points. One is emotion. The 500e is an Italian design, and it's made in Italy, which makes it even better with the old one made in Mexico. The price also seems to be well accepted for a car with this level of emotion, design and substance. For Europeans, $30-34,000 sounds like a lot, but apparently not for wealthier multicar East and West Coast Americans. But the most important point — and this is my main pitch — is that we're not trying to sell you this car as a replacement for a sedan or SUV. But if you want to go electric today, it often means trading in [an internal combustion engine] SUV or sedan, which is a little bit of a stretch, and that's why [new EV] buyers are on the fence. Instead, I'm asking them to take the 500e as a second or third car. It's not for everyone, everywhere, and more importantly, it's not for everything. It's ideal for driving in the city and commuting, and you can do that for a week before you need to charge. This will open the American driveways to electric, and I hope it will act as an on-ramp to electrification.

There will be another brand in the Stellantis universe: China's Leapmotor. How will you position it in Europe and potentially in North America?

It's early, but as chief marketing officer, I can't wait to learn more and contribute to the creation of the brand. For now, we have a lot to learn from them, and we have a lot to offer them. But it's a little early to say how we're going to position Leapmotor in Europe and the U.S.

How are you adapting Stellantis' marketing and communications to online sales?

The digital sales experience is now an expectation, and we need to cope with it. My thinking about online business for everything, but especially for cars, is that there are three challenges. One is price; it's easier to click on an object priced at 19 or 29 or 99 euros than 100,000, but this is changing. Even so, online sales are probably better suited for a Fiat Topolino [electric quadricycle] than a DS 9 [sedan], to take two examples. The second thing is choice. What kills online business is too much choice, too many small crisis situations. Even choosing the color can be an issue — you need to open another page, you need to Google things, or I need to add a link, then maybe activate an online sales representative — so the less choice is better. The third thing is emotions, which will get people to click on a product. That's a good thing for Fiat, which is very much based on emotion. Simple, emotional, not too expensive: This is a good cocktail for some of our brands.

We haven't seen Stellantis brands at a lot of auto shows recently. Can we expect to see them again?

It's on a case-by-case basis. You want to spend money for an auto show if you have something to say, something to show, and if you're relevant in a given country. We live in a digital age, so every participation in an auto show should be compared to the cost of a digital campaign. Clearly the auto show is more challenged than in the past when it was the only way to communicate, but today there are many other ways to do so. You're speaking to a guy who didn't go to Geneva but launched a video during the show that got 13 million views, not paid, which is probably much more than Geneva would have drawn in terms of traffic, and I didn't even have to create physical concept cars to do that.
(Automotive News)

• Mi Piace 1
  • Grazie! 2
Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Olivier Francois is always full of words, but doesn't deliver. 10 months after the Fiat "no grey" campaign I can still configure the 500 only in white, black, (red) and rosé gold in Germany. Only one strong color.

• Mi Piace 5
Link al commento

On 5/13/2024 at 11:58 AM, 4200blu said:

no...molto di piu, 26k

image.png.c602807833fe472399d1fdae048d2050.png

Sorry for the offtopic! I believed that 500 BEV had worse rate against ICE version. @4200blu Could you share sales data here or other topic about Panda I. Elettra, Cinquecento Elettra and Seicento Elettra if it is possible?

Link al commento

53 minuti fa, krycek07 scrive:

Sorry for the offtopic! I believed that 500 BEV had worse rate against ICE version. @4200blu Could you share sales data here or other topic about Panda I. Elettra, Cinquecento Elettra and Seicento Elettra if it is possible?

...vedi --> "vendite Fiat nel mondo".

Link al commento

Se l'idea è vendere le 500e in USA allo stesso prezzo della model 3, sono sicuro che ci sarà la fila.

Con la depreciation fiat vs tesla poi immagino le rate mensili.

Molto meglio che sviluppino il prima possibile la 500 ibrida piuttosto.

• Mi Piace 2
  • Ahah! 1
  • Grazie! 1
Link al commento

• __P ha aperto la Discussione
11 minuti fa, Nico87 scrive:

Se l'idea è vendere le 500e in USA allo stesso prezzo della model 3, sono sicuro che ci sarà la fila.

…no, un po‘ meno, ma per loro e la „urban-tesla“ 🤭

IMG_5013.thumb.jpeg.38f9d17d8b74d39483d8d54eb62fada7.jpeg

Link al commento

Con la Model 3 2024 a 40,000 USD in effetti non venderanno una s*g@. Ma riempiranno i piazzali dei poveri concessionari urlando al miracolo per qualche mese. Poi dovranno aiutarli a ridurre gli stocks con finanziamenti e extended warranties. Santa pazienza, è talmente ovvio. 

• Mi Piace 3
Link al commento