Vai al contenuto

GM: vendita SAAB

Messaggi Raccomandati:

General Motors product boss Bob Lutz has signalled that Saab's future is under threat, despite a fondness for the brand among the top brass.

"Saab is a luxury that we can no longer afford," said Lutz.

Speaking to Autocar, Lutz also confirmed that GM's Swedish subsidiary had never paid a profit, but had cost its parent company up to 800 million dollars a year since it was acquired.

Lutz wouldn't comment on whether the next Saab 9-5 would ever see production. He did admit however that senior GM executives had an emotional attachment to the brand that couldn't survive the current economic climate.

"The fact that we all liked Saabs has meant that we have indulged it," said Lutz.

The future for Saab therefore looks uncertain and Lutz conceded that other loss-making GM brands were under threat. Also facing sell-off or closure are Hummer and Saturn, whilst Pontiac is likely to be scaled down.

Vauxhall's future is secure, however. "There's no reason to move Vauxhall to Opel," said Lutz. "Why go through the pain and expense of changing?"

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/236904/

Modificato da wilderness
Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

• Risposte 122
  • Creato
  • Ultima Risposta

I più attivi nella discussione

I più attivi nella discussione

Dice che da quando l'hanno comprata non è mai stata in attivo, e gli è costata fino a 800 milioni di dollari all'anno..l'hanno tenuta solo perchè piaceva agli alti piani..ora però è un lusso che non si possono più permettere...insomma si so rotti le ualle..

Modificato da wilderness
Link al commento

Peccato, a me sono sempre piaciute le "strane" SAAB, ovvio, non certamente le ultime... E ora, a chi la vendono, Cina? Oppure chiudono e basta perché nessuno la vuole?

Mazda MX-5 20th anniversary "barbone edition" - Tutto quello che scrivo è IMHO

k21x8z.png

Link al commento

Jan-Ake Jonsson in Detroit. More on Saab’s future with Carl-Peter Forster. Bob Lutz being an ass. Scroll down to read it all.

Swedish newspaper Dagens Nhyeter have said that there’s a press conference expected today in Detroit, which will involve some GM and Saab executives, as well as some representatives of the Swedish government, who are in Detroit for talks on Saab and Volvo.

Jan-Åke Jonsson, VP Managing Director of Saab Automobile AB, is hopeful about the negotiations with the government about financial aid to Saab. He expects results within a few months.

- “We have good negotiations, they are conducted in a constructive spirit. We have a business plan that shows how we could ultimately become a profitable company. The government is now studying the plan in detail. The analysis is not finished, but should be within a few months. It is quite urgent with a decision,”, he says in an interview with DN during the current auto show in Detroit.

Earlier in the day (Sunday), he met with Fritz Henderson, President and COO of GM. Along with Carl-Peter Forster, head of GM Europe, and Jöran Hägglund, State Secretary to the Minister for Enterprise and Energy, Jan-Åke Jonsson discussed the future of Saab and the type of aid the company needs. It is not just about Swedish government aid, the efforts must be coordinated with similar relief efforts in Germany and the US. Governments are keen to have the tax financed incentives to stay in Sweden, but that is easier said than done due the fact that the car industry is global business and activities in different countries so integrated with each other.

Jan-Åke Jonsson would not disclose how much he would like the government to decide on. It is about both rescue loan - emergency money - and government guarantees for loans in the European Investment Bank.

- “We have a detailed business plan and of course I know how much we want, but I can not go public with it,” he says.

2008 was a particularly tough year for Saab. The number of cars sold fell by about 25 percent to 94,000 cars. A forecast for 2009 is something he will not give.

- “No, no,” he says, raising his arms. - “I can not even plan for the next week or the next 14 days, who can in this market situation,” he says.

- “It is almost all about psychology, customers are scared. Hardly any cars are sold anymore,” he said, appealing for help from the media.

- “Can’t you highlight positive things as well, so people can regain confidence about the future?” he says.

- “Sure, we can talk about the new Saab 9-3x that you will show in Geneva in March,” I reply.

- “No, you can not, you must tell the customers to buy our current models. They must start buying now,” he says.

- “Jokes aside… Fritz Henderson is a true friend of Saab and has the greatest confidence in us. If only we can get help to get us out of this extreme situation, we have a good chance to succeed and grow to become a profitable manufacturer,” says Jan-Åke Jonsson.

*allmotor.se

deflr5.jpg
Link al commento

Altre cose interessanti...

Non hanno i soldi per le nuove 9-5 e 9-4x, che dovevano essere prodotte rispettivamente, in Germania (dalla Opel) ed in Messico, mentre la 9-3 cabrio la fanno in Austria...il punto è che il governo Svedese sarebbe disposto a concedere dei soldi solo se c'è un buon piano industriale e se la produzione va tutta in Svezia...pare quindi che nei prossimi due mesi si cerchi di ritornare in Svezia con la 9-3 cabrio e si riconverta Trollhatten (Svezia) alla produzione della 9-5, il che implica spostare attrezzature dagli stabilimenti Opel in Germania...vedremo, è un caso di deglobalizzazione...

Link al commento

Che tristezza:(!

Dopo Volvo, un altro storico marchio svedese corre verso il precipizio! devo ammettere che le ultime Saab non mi sono molto piaciute...quando penso a Saab mi piace pensare alla vecchia 900, con quella linea coupè e quei motori roboanti...certo, consumavano un macello, ma che macchine:)!

Mi sembra incredibile che dopo l'industria automobilistica inglese (a parte Jaguar, Rolls, Aston, Land e poche altre) ora anche l'industria svedese scompaia...o forse è un segno dei tempi?

Link al commento

Pure motori roboanti adesso :pz:lol: non che le Saab siano mai state campioni di potenze e prestazioni.

Ma non è che i ricordi di ragazzino che abbiamo ci sembrano sempre + affascinanti della realtà odierna??

La 9-3 cabrio, per esempio, è un'ottima auto... che non ha nulla da invidiare alla vecchia 900.

Saab, come ho già avuto modo di sottolineare, vende oggi quanto vendeva allora. La sua clientela l'ha mantenuta. Altri l'hanno persa, altri ne hanno guadagnata. Volvo è addirittura cresciuta in numeri...

Il fatto è che se allora andava bene, oggi Saab non è + sostenibile con quei numeri. E se tornano a costruire solo in Svezia diventa ancora peggio, perchè i costi sono insostenibili... sussistenza pura ai livelli di pomigliano.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and unrealistic"

(John Fitzgerald Kennedy)

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile!"

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts!"

Link al commento

Sarà la volta che SAAb tornerà ad essere conosciuto per gli aerei e la sua eccellenza in campo della difesa (sopratutto a livello di controllo/guerra-elettronica)

Tra l'altro se non sbaglio SAAB AB è un'azienda più che sana al contrario di SAAB Automobile

花は桜木人は武士

Link al commento

LA Saab semplicemente non ha dato i numeri sperati da GM , sperava di conservare i vecchi clienti e di acquisirne dei nuovi e fidelizzarli ma non è stato così, ad un certo punto, non è da pochi mesi che GM non è soddisfatta dei numeri puri di saab, neppure il margine più elevato ottenuto grazie alle condivisioni di pianali e motori evidentemente è stato ritenuto soddisfacente.

Ricordate l'accusa ai fans di saab ? Voi rifiutate glli attuali modelli... evidentemente ai manager interessano anche le statistiche di rientro del venduto.

X wilderness.

Ti segnalo questa dioscussione se non hai già visionato il tutto.

http://www.autopareri.com/forum/mercato-finanza-e-societ/25876-grane-gm-con-i-fans-nella-gestione-dei-marchi.html

Modificato da simonepietro

... Le Alfa del futuro, Mazda a parte, dovrebbero essere ingegnerizzate là. Ma io dovrei comprare un'Alfa fatta dagli ingegneri della Chrysler ?

( Cit . Giugiaro da Quattroruote )

Link al commento