Vai al contenuto

j

Messaggi Raccomandati:

IMG_20230514_120941_153.jpg.331e1e2d44992b56656ca45397474178.jpgIMG_20230514_120940_947.thumb.jpg.b96b35580c9626cb7daa1e1f244a0ece.jpgIMG_20230514_120940_845.thumb.jpg.d0f9791bfd6511bccec9a71d05559c49.jpgIMG_20230514_120940_523.jpg.fbefc0ca2c2fb1d063acfe1978e576e7.jpgIMG_20230514_120941_267.jpg.6772e948c7cacf1246daa2d1c54ff370.jpgIMG_20230514_120941_017.jpg.6157475698d22e4c3a63ea4720695c06.jpg

MG confirms thrilling MG4 Electric XPOWER

07-07-2023
  • Thrilling new dual motor MG4 Electric XPOWER available to order from summer 2023, with first public debut confirmed for Goodwood Festival of Speed (July 13-16)
  • The range-topping 320 kW will be the most powerful production MG ever, capable of 0-100 km/h in 3.8 seconds
  • MG will also unveil the ‘EX4’ concept at Goodwood

MG Motor has revealed the official pricing and specification of its new high-performance all-electric hatchback, confirming the new MG4 Electric XPOWER will be its most powerful production car yet when it debuts this July.

The new XPOWER model features a highly anticipated dual motor powertrain delivering 320 kW and up to 600 Nm of torque, firmly positioning the latest MG4 model alongside the most potent high-performance hatchbacks on the market.

Capable of 0-100 km/h in 3.8 seconds, the XPOWER’s electrifying performance contrasts with a series of understated exterior design revisions, with the new model expected to fly under the radar in comparison to the usual high-powered hatchback offerings. 

The subtle exterior design and specification enhancements include orange ‘XPOWER’ brake calipers, a two-tone black roof, new 18’’ alloy wheels and polished trim accents, alongside an exclusive new Hunter Green colour option. Aiden He, CEO of MG Nordic and Benelux, said: 

“We’re confident the MG4 XPOWER will shake-up the market like the MG4 SE and Trophy, showing that a compact EV can be affordable, practical and a terrific drive.” 

“We expect it will appeal to customers looking for a pure performance offering which is the antithesis of the traditionally ‘loud’ high performance hatchback. The XPOWER also retains the generous technology and equipment levels, as well as practical hatchback features, of the award-winning MG4 range.”

The MG4 Electric XPOWER is available to order from summer and promises to be one of the most exciting new electric cars of 2023, marking a new milestone in MG’s highly anticipated return to the performance car market.

The most powerful MG yet

Underpinned by the MG4’s Modular Scalable Platform (MSP), the XPOWER is equipped with an all-new dual motor configuration that delivers up to 320kW and 435PS to all four wheels, via front (150kW) and rear (170kW) electric motors.

As well as offering hyper hatch-rivalling performance in a straight line, the enhanced drivetrain features sophisticated new technological upgrades to effectively distribute power and maximise driver engagement while cornering.

An all-new Dynamic Cornering Control System will be available for the first time on an MG, featuring a locking electronic differential and Intelligent Motor Control to allow torque vectoring between all four wheels, generating maximum traction and outstanding composure in a wide range of driving conditions.

A comprehensive series of suspension upgrades have been completed, featuring recalibrated spring and damper tuning, stiffer anti-roll bars and sharper steering. Overall suspension stiffness has been increased by up to 25%, meaning the MG4 Electric XPOWER will build upon the acclaimed handling characteristics of the current MG4 models.

MG’s engineering team has also recalibrated the regenerative braking software to allow one pedal driving in suitable situations.

A comprehensive series of suspension upgrades have been completed, featuring recalibrated spring and damper tuning, stiffer anti-roll bars and sharper steering. Overall suspension stiffness has been increased by up to 25%, meaning the MG4 Electric XPOWER will build upon the acclaimed handling characteristics of the current MG4 models.

MG’s engineering team has also recalibrated the regenerative braking software to allow one pedal driving in suitable situations.

Increased stopping power reduces the MG4 XPOWER’s 100km/h-0 stopping distance to just 33.9metres, generated via uprated, ventilated 345mm discs on all four corners, with new premium Bridgestone Turanza tyres offering excellent levels of grip without compromising rolling efficiency. 

Underlining the new model’s performance credentials, a new launch control feature allows drivers to experience XPOWER in its ultimate form by sprinting from 0-100 km/h in just 3.8 seconds.

In arrivo in Europa dall'estate, offrirà due motori elettrici e 430 CV, con un'accelerazione 0-100 km/h in 3,8 s con il Launch Control. Avrà trazione integrale e sistema di bloccaggio del differenziale elettronico XDS. Tra le modalità di guida la novità è la Track che disattiva quasi totalmente i sistemi di ausilio alla guida. Specifici di questa versione i cerchi da 18 pollici con freni e pneumatici dedicati.

Modificato da j
  • Mi Piace 1
  • Tristezza! 1

1486064684650356737.gif.a00f8cace62773a93b9739b2906757ee.gif

Link al commento
Condividi su altri Social

Comunque a me sta cosa che con l'elettrico anche delle classiche segmento B/C hanno potenze ed accelerazioni da supercar (non solo questa MG ma anche Smart #1 e #3 ecc...) comincia a mettermi un po' di timore. Ste vetture messe in mano ad un utente base c'è il rischio di grandi casini, se poi si possono pure disinserire tutti i controlli si salvi chi può. 

• Mi Piace 6

"Qualche emiro che compra una Ferrari lo troverò sempre. Ma se il ceto medio finisce in miseria, chi mi comprerà le Panda?"

Sergio Marchionne

Follow me on Instagram

Link al commento

36 minuti fa, MotorPassion scrive:

Comunque a me sta cosa che con l'elettrico anche delle classiche segmento B/C hanno potenze ed accelerazioni da supercar (non solo questa MG ma anche Smart #1 e #3 ecc...) comincia a mettermi un po' di timore. Ste vetture messe in mano ad un utente base c'è il rischio di grandi casini, se poi si possono pure disinserire tutti i controlli si salvi chi può. 

i soldi non fanno il cervello, per questo c’è il limite di potenza per i neopatentati ad esempio

• Mi Piace 1
Link al commento

1 ora fa, A.Masera scrive:

i soldi non fanno il cervello, per questo c’è il limite di potenza per i neopatentati ad esempio

Non dico che i soldi fanno il cervello ma almeno sono un numero circoscritto di vetture sulle strade. Già il fatto di guidare un'auto elettrica è diverso da una con motore a combustione perchè ha una ripresa immediata se in più ci mettiamo tempi di 0-100 da supercar diciamo che un po' di timore ci può stare, ci metto dentro anche me stesso se fossi alla guida di auto così. 

Modificato da MotorPassion
  • Mi Piace 2

"Qualche emiro che compra una Ferrari lo troverò sempre. Ma se il ceto medio finisce in miseria, chi mi comprerà le Panda?"

Sergio Marchionne

Follow me on Instagram

Link al commento

24 minuti fa, A.Masera scrive:

... Neopatentati che potranno tranquillamente guidare questa MG4 pompata ma non una seg.B da 90cv...

In my courtyard: 2019 Maserati Ghibli 250cv GranSport, 2017 Alfa Giulia 150cv

Link al commento